Battery Issue

Search This thread

xxshererxx

Oct 3, 2013
Richmond, Indiana
I've noticed that when I have my phone plugged into the charger and I'm using my phone all at the same time it will stop charging.

Then I have to unplug the charger and plug it back in for it to start charging again. When I leave it alone and plugged in it charges a little longer before I have to replug the charger back into the phone.

Whenever I leave my phone on the charger and go to sleep I wake up and it's not charging anymore.

My speaker phone while I'm in a call constantly turns off or on by itself when my phone is plugged into the charger even does this on its own sometimes without the charger.

One last thing, I would love to be able to receive mms messages through my default sms app (handcent) I've tried the stock messaging app and vzwmessages and nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions??

[VZW-HTC1] 4.4.2 : (S-OFF) : Root : ROM-Viper_6.1.0 : SuperCID

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Sounds like a messed up charging port, cord, or charger.

As for the mms thing, have you went to settings and made handcent the default messaging app? Settings - more - default sms app Should work for mms too.

xxshererxx

Oct 3, 2013
Richmond, Indiana
Sounds like a messed up charging port, cord, or charger.

As for the mms thing, have you went to settings and made handcent the default messaging app? Settings - more - default sms app Should work for mms too.

I just recently purchased a smart charger at the Verizon store for approximately 35 dollars and my phone used to charger without a problem before rooting it.

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Well i would backup all your stuff, and then do an ruu back to stock, still keeping the bootloader unlocked and s-off. If it still happens, its a hardware issue not software.

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
The ruu will take you all the way back to stock except you will still be unlocked and s-off. You flash it in ruu mode.

fastboot oem rebootRUU

fastboot flash zip nameoffile.zip (may need to do twice if you get flush error.)

fastboot reboot