Google play store No connection error

Search This thread

AshIndigo

Apr 23, 2014
Hey everyone i need help please my phone (that hates me) has decided to not let me use the play store. Am running jb v20f stock firmware with root and cwm recovery. I didnt modify it at all and i got a gapps downloaded but theapk for the playstore doesnt help. Should i flash it instead? I might also have access to another phone that is the same as mine except with just root. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-P760 using xda app-developers app

gdjindal

Hey everyone i need help please my phone (that hates me) has decided to not let me use the play store. Am running jb v20f stock firmware with root and cwm recovery. I didnt modify it at all and i got a gapps downloaded but theapk for the playstore doesnt help. Should i flash it instead? I might also have access to another phone that is the same as mine except with just root. Any ideas?

Hello Ashindigo

Have you installed Ad blocker on your device or any other mod to block ads? If yes, Then remove it and also remove hosts file from /system/etc/
(Don't forget to take a backup of hosts file before deleting it)

Ad-Blocker cause No Connection error to play store

Reactions: AshIndigo

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
The gapps HAS to be for JB 4.1.2. It has something to do with compatibility. For example, 4.2 gapps won't work. It gives a parsing error.

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

AshIndigo

Apr 23, 2014
Lucky patcher is installed so i have deleted hosts rebooting

AshIndigo

Apr 23, 2014
Ok rebooted nothing and now no hosts file yay

AshIndigo

Apr 23, 2014
The gapps HAS to be for JB 4.1.2. It has something to do with compatibility. For example, 4.2 gapps won't work. It gives a parsing error.

This is the gapps i have gapps-jb-20130813-signed-1.zip and i never flashed.it but thank you for helping with this

AshIndigo

Apr 23, 2014
Gdjindal Lucky patcher is installed so i have deleted hosts rebooting

AshIndigo

Apr 23, 2014
Open luck patcher, tap on block ads at bottom right, tap on clear hosts file.
Thn reboot your phone and check play store.

Sent from my LG-P765 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Play store still doest work dang and by the way my device is a p760 but rom toolbox says u2 until i change it
Edit: what if i install.the modded play store on lucky patcher could that help if play store is screwed up otherways?

Last edited:

AshIndigo

Apr 23, 2014
Play store hit the fan (its disappered now apk gapps wont install) going to try to.restore from another device if that doesnt work ill use lg mobile tool even though ill have to.reroot

Last edited:

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Play store hit the fan (its disappered now apk gapps wont install) going to try to.restore from another device if that doesnt work ill use lg mobile tool even though ill have to.reroot

My friend had this problem with her Zeki tablet. It doesn't come with Play Store or the Google Services. I think my brother fixed it by using App Backup and Restore and moved the apks to system/app using root explorer. Not sure what he did after that.

I can upload the apks if you want. That's if you haven't restored yet. :)

AshIndigo

Apr 23, 2014
I got an apk i extracted from gapps but it wont install it just says application not installed. Havent reset yet though im backing up stuff right now:banghead:;) but thank you for helpimg me. By the way do you use custom roms ive been thinking cyanogen but need to unlock bootloader and personnal favs of yours?:)
Edit: FINALLY GOT INTO FASTBOOT!!!!?111:):):):):) usin

Last edited:

AshIndigo

Apr 23, 2014
I got an apk i extracted from gapps but it wont install it just says application not installed. Havent reset yet though im backing up stuff right now:banghead:;) but thank you for helpimg me. By the way do you use custom roms ive been thinking cyanogen but need to unlock bootloader and personnal favs of yours?:)

Actually thanks to terraria i think ive figured out why play store cant install apparently google play services isnt installed but it is because i found a apk in my system/app and it said this is a system app would you like to replace. So im still derped about what caused.this :beer:

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Good for you that you figured it out! :)

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

Oh, and I use a sort of modified version of the Canadian Wind Mobile ROM and applied @kuma82's theme to make it look nice.

AshIndigo

Apr 23, 2014
Thanks!:):D and ps if i got.into fastboot my bootloader is unlocked right? I hope i cant wait to get a new rom:D:D:D:D

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Thanks!:):D and ps if i got.into fastboot my bootloader is unlocked right? I hope i cant wait to get a new rom:D:D:D:D

Well, getting into fastboot is a good sign. If you don't see the inverted menu giving the option to unlock, then that's unofficial fastboot. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good for you that you figured it out! :)

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

Oh, and I use a sort of modified version of the Canadian Wind Mobile ROM and applied @kuma82's theme to make it look nice.

Hello Ashindigo

Have you installed Ad blocker on your device or any other mod to block ads? If yes, Then remove it and also remove hosts file from /system/etc/
    (Don't forget to take a backup of hosts file before deleting it)

Ad-Blocker cause No Connection error to play store

Gdjindal Lucky patcher is installed so i have deleted hosts rebooting

Open luck patcher, tap on block ads at bottom right, tap on clear hosts file.
    Thn reboot your phone and check play store.

Sent from my LG-P765 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

My friend had this problem with her Zeki tablet. It doesn't come with Play Store or the Google Services. I think my brother fixed it by using App Backup and Restore and moved the apks to system/app using root explorer. Not sure what he did after that.

I can upload the apks if you want. That's if you haven't restored yet. :)