FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Home button doesn't wake the Screen some times

88 posts
Thanks Meter: 9
 
By z89x23, Member on 15th April 2014, 08:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th April 2014, 07:37 AM |#11  
z89x23's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Limassol
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxman

S-Voice is causing the problem on the home button lag, go trun off the open with home key in the svoice settings....

Did that now and will test it through all day .. so far so good..

will let you know you guys..

hopefully it will get fixed.. if not we wait for an firmware update..


UPDATE
I used my phone all day using the settings above.. (no s-voice at home button and fingerprint lock) I encounter the problem 3-4 times.. other than that all is ok..

Now im going to use all day the pin to lock the screen and see what happens..

thanx

UPDATE
still the same issue with pin lock screen.. So probably an update will solve this..

thanx
 
 
23rd April 2014, 10:42 AM |#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by z89x23

Did that now and will test it through all day .. so far so good..

will let you know you guys..

hopefully it will get fixed.. if not we wait for an firmware update..


UPDATE
I used my phone all day using the settings above.. (no s-voice at home button and fingerprint lock) I encounter the problem 3-4 times.. other than that all is ok..

Now im going to use all day the pin to lock the screen and see what happens..

thanx

UPDATE
still the same issue with pin lock screen.. So probably an update will solve this..

thanx


Hey man,
Had the same issue with my S5, I think the wait for the fix is easier to handle if you know there are other guys having the same issue rather than having something wrong with your specific device. So imho it'd be great if some other guys would reply just to know it's a common issue.
To me SGS5 is a great phone even with all the rants and reviews against buying it, there will be updates, we just need to be patient.

Thanks for the post!
24th April 2014, 03:36 PM |#13  
Member
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rciochin

Hey man,
Had the same issue with my S5, I think the wait for the fix is easier to handle if you know there are other guys having the same issue rather than having something wrong with your specific device. So imho it'd be great if some other guys would reply just to know it's a common issue.
To me SGS5 is a great phone even with all the rants and reviews against buying it, there will be updates, we just need to be patient.

Thanks for the post!


I can confirm that i have similar issues too.
Sometimes (2-3 a day) the screen is not waking up from sleep state when i press the home or the power button.
The solution is that i need to press the power button to sleep the device and then press again or press the home button to wake up.
Not a big deal but i hope that this issue is not hardware related and a firmware fix will solve it.

Apart from this, it's really a great smartphone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Levus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Levus Ad-Free
24th April 2014, 03:56 PM |#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi,

Just a small update, the issue replicates also when using the Samsung S View case, just bought one and I still get the same behaviour as with the home and power button (i.e. only the softkeys light up, the screen doesn't wake up).
I haven't been able to consistently replicate though, but it seems to happen after long sleep periods.

All the best!
25th April 2014, 07:47 AM |#15  
Member
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rciochin

Hi,

Just a small update, the issue replicates also when using the Samsung S View case, just bought one and I still get the same behaviour as with the home and power button (i.e. only the softkeys light up, the screen doesn't wake up).
I haven't been able to consistently replicate though, but it seems to happen after long sleep periods.

All the best!


Hi !

One question.
Which ROM version do you have ?
The ...ANCE, or ANCF ?
25th April 2014, 07:56 AM |#16  
z89x23's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Limassol
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
thank you all for your replies.. its good to know that its not my device..

Hopefully with the new update they will fix it..

by the way yesterday i missed a call, do to that problem.. the phone was ringing but the screen was sleeping..

So i decided to chance my ROM, from EUR-Greece to NEE-Norther Countries.. Also did a hard factory reset after that.. Volume up + Power + Home.. Also deleted the cache partition..

I used odin.. No problems found.. and Kies recognizes the phone..

So i will check how this goes and get back to you..
25th April 2014, 07:58 AM |#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levus

Hi !

One question.
Which ROM version do you have ?
The ...ANCE, or ANCF ?

Hi

My build number is KOT49H.G900FXXU1ANCE
25th April 2014, 08:01 AM |#18  
z89x23's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Limassol
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levus

Hi !

One question.
Which ROM version do you have ?
The ...ANCE, or ANCF ?


Was using my original one which got an OTA update as soon i got it open..

SM-G900F EUR G900FXXU1ANCE Android 4.4.2 31.03.2014 1182732

Now as i posted above, i m using

SM-G900F NEE G900FXXU1ANCE Android 4.4.2 31.03.2014 1182732


I saw an ANCF

SM-G900F TTR G900FXXU1ANCF Android 4.4.2 31.03.2014 1186806

but i dont know the TTR which region is so i decided not to apply..
25th April 2014, 08:06 AM |#19  
z89x23's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Limassol
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rciochin

Hi

My build number is KOT49H.G900FXXU1ANCE

i have the same.. on the NEE ROM

I dont think that was different on my EUR ROM..
25th April 2014, 08:25 AM |#20  
Member
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by z89x23

Was using my original one which got an OTA update as soon i got it open..

SM-G900F EUR G900FXXU1ANCE Android 4.4.2 31.03.2014 1182732

Now as i posted above, i m using

SM-G900F NEE G900FXXU1ANCE Android 4.4.2 31.03.2014 1182732


I saw an ANCF

SM-G900F TTR G900FXXU1ANCF Android 4.4.2 31.03.2014 1186806

but i dont know the TTR which region is so i decided not to apply..

I have the XEH G900FXXU1ANCE...

I was just thinking that the G900FXXU1ANCF is maybe a little bit newer, as the build number is higher (1186806) So that's a different rom for sure.
25th April 2014, 08:31 AM |#21  
z89x23's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Limassol
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levus

I have the XEH G900FXXU1ANCE...

I was just thinking that the G900FXXU1ANCF is maybe a little bit newer, as the build number is higher (1186806) So that's a different rom for sure.

True.. it is newer..

But which region is TTR ??

is it carrier based ? or clean like NEE and EUR and XEH ??

This is what stopped me.. If its not europian region ? is it going to lock the phone to what ever region TTR is ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes