Help for my stupidity!!!

Search This thread
So I screwed up royally and to an experienced rom flasher its probably no big deal and an easy fix. I was in my in recovery( TWRP 2.6.3) and installed the HTC Dumlock trying to flash a rom without a computer. My Rezound is 4.0.3, and now I get as far as the Verizon 4G LTE black screen and that's as far as it will boot... I've tried to wipe and restore like I have in the past when I've screwed up and now I'm out of ideas. I think that the boot image is "corrupted" don't know if thats the right lingo but when I reboot to bootloader the image name that always came up is now different. Can someone please help me with my dilemma? Oh and if detailed description is needed about everything that I did- I kinda freaked out and panicked and I tried so many things to fix it that I don't remember all that I did.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
So I screwed up royally and to an experienced rom flasher its probably no big deal and an easy fix. I was in my in recovery( TWRP 2.6.3) and installed the HTC Dumlock trying to flash a rom without a computer. My Rezound is 4.0.3, and now I get as far as the Verizon 4G LTE black screen and that's as far as it will boot... I've tried to wipe and restore like I have in the past when I've screwed up and now I'm out of ideas. I think that the boot image is "corrupted" don't know if thats the right lingo but when I reboot to bootloader the image name that always came up is now different. Can someone please help me with my dilemma? Oh and if detailed description is needed about everything that I did- I kinda freaked out and panicked and I tried so many things to fix it that I don't remember all that I did.

Extract the boot.img from the ROM zip file, flash ROM, reboot into bootloader and start Fastboot, then flash boot.img via fastboot on a PC, should clear it up...

In the future I would recommend going S-OFF via rumrunner, no more need to worry about flashing boot partitions separately ever again.

Reactions: undeadking

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Ace, you are a genius! Got the rezzie back up and running! Flashed Tachyon 1.2, flashed the boot image via twrp and it started right up! Now if I go and delete the PH98IMG.ZIP will it still die again if I reboot in the future???

Nope, your good.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Extract the boot.img from the ROM zip file, flash ROM, reboot into bootloader and start Fastboot, then flash boot.img via fastboot on a PC, should clear it up...

In the future I would recommend going S-OFF via rumrunner, no more need to worry about flashing boot partitions separately ever again.
    Ace, you are a genius! Got the rezzie back up and running! Flashed Tachyon 1.2, flashed the boot image via twrp and it started right up! Now if I go and delete the PH98IMG.ZIP will it still die again if I reboot in the future???

Just made a backup in TWRP and rebooted and all is well, you're awesome man. Thanks again ;)

Sent from my Rezound on Tachyon using XDA Premium 4 mobile app