[Q] efs issue anyone please help

Search This thread

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Ok long story short I flashed something on my ls980 I believe my efs. Got wiped. I have no iemi. Unknown baseband. No service whats hoever I have tried LG flash tool and my stock tot no luck cback stock no root my phone restats every minute or so I can't find my efs backup. From io rootf. Can any body help I've got qpst. But don't know what to do. Please help

asdfvtn

Feb 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Sorry to break to you, but I don't think there's a solution at this point. I was in the same situation last month and there wasn't a solution through xda. I tried, believe me.

Try your best to wipe your phone and remove root status, and then claim LG warranty. The warranty was rejected the first time (as well as unprofessional not-returning-calls to anybody or picking up the phone), but I posted on their Facebook page and got the "executive" team to contact me. Under a week later, I was sent a new/refurbished phone, box and all.
Most stories of LG warranty are terrible though, so best of luck to you. I dealt with LG Canada.

cheetahcat79

Feb 28, 2014
Can you get into recovery at all? I take it you don't have a Nandroid backup? What rom were you trying to flash?

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Can you get into recovery at all? I take it you don't have a Nandroid backup? What rom were you trying to flash?

I got rooted stock. Recovery zv8 I talked to a boy with sprint and it is most def a efs issue as for just give up I wont I've unbricked every bricked done I've come across I got diagnosis mode on but I don't know how to set up my qualcom USB modem settings its a ## number but I can't find it n e where I have download mode but tot restores are the same I cannot get qpst to recognized I can get my PC to connect every other USB mode mtp ptp charge only ect I need help restoreing my efs I have my original box with alleluia my numbers plus iemi calc. Please any body

doktor buknasty

Feb 21, 2009
New York
I got rooted stock. Recovery zv8 I talked to a boy with sprint and it is most def a efs issue as for just give up I wont I've unbricked every bricked done I've come across I got diagnosis mode on but I don't know how to set up my qualcom USB modem settings its a ## number but I can't find it n e where I have download mode but tot restores are the same I cannot get qpst to recognized I can get my PC to connect every other USB mode mtp ptp charge only ect I need help restoreing my efs I have my original box with alleluia my numbers plus iemi calc. Please any body

Did you make a backup of your efs before rooting and flashing roms?

B

bachera

yeah, well, go back to exact situation you made the backup(romversion on phone/etc), then restore it with the tool version you made backup with. it will require you to probably have the efs backup in the location its backed up to. my tip would be to always back it up manually somewhere else as well as remember where you put it.

but if you cant find it you did a lousy backupjob right? How is that warrantee claimable.... ?seems user error to me

B

bachera

I understand that u are a senior men but apparently u don't read my backup is gone I've posted that 3 or 4 times now and I know it not claimable

sorry. then there is not much you can do. There is probably a special way thats not allowed to talk about here. google about recovering imei without backup and lg g2