z1 debranding

Search This thread

Nidhal AKA the king

Apr 5, 2013
sousse
Sony Xperia 1
Sony Xperia 1 IV
hello everyone,

i bought a Z1 C6903 was locked on French carrier SFR. I did pay for an unlock code, and now it's permanently unlocked.
i hate that SFR boot screen logo also these apps bundles came installed in it. so I want to debrand it with a stock/generic firmware.

before flashing, i need to make sure this won't damage IMEI and BASEBAND and render the phone's radio unusable.

i.e: Unknown Baseband or Missing IMEI

Please check the screenshots below, it has all the phone's info, including firmware version, baseband # and other crap from SFR carrier.

i'd appreciate any suggestion or help in what i should do in this case!

BTW: Bootloader unlock allowed: No :( (is it possible to make it Yes somehow?)

thank you very much.

14003739751_371e354186_z.jpg

14026924963_898fac3f88_z.jpg

14003712612_0a6ab27f59_z.jpg

13983798986_0cecc2cabe_z.jpg

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth

No, no way.

To debrand your phone use latest flashtool and flash a FTF from Mega Collection for your Model C6903, there is no any issues as they are Stock and made for your phone. The R1B or something else is just a customization, not even noticeable.

Flash Generic/International and you are Fine.

Reactions: Nidhal AKA the king

Nidhal AKA the king

Apr 5, 2013
sousse
Sony Xperia 1
Sony Xperia 1 IV
No, no way.

To debrand your phone use latest flashtool and flash a FTF from Mega Collection for your Model C6903, there is no any issues as they are Stock and made for your phone. The R1B or something else is just a customization, not even noticeable.

thank u bro :)

i will do as u told me! :good:

Malbo06

Oct 17, 2013
No, no way.

Thanks, worked like a charm. I was branded and stuck with SFR apps too, now it's all good. "Mais ça, c'était avant" :good:

QualQuek

Oct 22, 2012
Paris
Can you tell me what is the website by MP please ?

So, with the generic firmware, no more SFR apps and the bootscreen is no longer the one provided by SFR ?

[FRENCH MODE]
Exactement l'ami, ça fait de voir d'autres Français ici je me sens moins seul lol
J'avais les même daubes d'app étant aussi chez SFR, j'ai flashé la ROM de [NUT] et mon bootloader est aussi locké, à ce jour je n'ai jamais eu de souci lié à la ROM et elle est même rootée :) .
[/FRENCH MODE]

Yeah that's it, it's a pleasure to see some Frnech friends, i feel loneless lol
I've had same app cause my provider is SFR as well, i've flashed the [NUT]'s ROM and i have a locked bootloader as well, as far i know i never had any trouble with this ROM and this one is rooted :)

Last edited:

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Exactement l'ami, ça fait de voir d'autres Français ici je me sens moins seul lol
J'avais les même daubes d'app étant aussi chez SFR, j'ai flashé la ROM de [NUT] et mon bootloader est aussi locké, à ce jour je n'ai jamais eu de souci lié à la ROM.
Please use the English language as per the rules

It is OK to provide a translation but all posts must be in English first.

S'il vous plaît utiliser la langue anglaise selon les règles

Il est OK pour fournir une traduction, mais tous les messages doit être d'abord en anglais.

QualQuek

Oct 22, 2012
Paris
Please use the English language as per the rules

It is OK to provide a translation but all posts must be in English first.

S'il vous plaît utiliser la langue anglaise selon les règles

Il est OK pour fournir une traduction, mais tous les messages doit être d'abord en anglais.

I've translated, i've validate my answer by mistake so the only translate part was "Yeah that's it"
Done now.

Nidhal AKA the king

Apr 5, 2013
sousse
Sony Xperia 1
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Can you tell me what is the website by MP please ?

So, with the generic firmware, no more SFR apps and the bootscreen is no longer the one provided by SFR ?

sorry, it wasn't an online website.. it's a store in my country, i just sent the IMEI and he sent me the Unlocking code within 1hour...
and yeah flash any stock ROM and all the crappy SFR apps and customization will be GONE!

which android version or build you're in?

@sjlc here is the video how I unlocked my Z1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALLhB5dWkhs

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No, no way.