Amiga Emulator for Android

Search This thread

shagrath78

May 7, 2009
Hi folks, I spent a good part of my sunday (and friday night, let's be honest) to port UAE4All for Android. So here's UAE4Droid. Most games are working fine, don't expect killer framerates though (it should be faster on a Droid). I don't plan to actively support this app, so here's the catch:
-no sound
-physical controls only (that's why I post here, you can configure them btw)
-no save states (the original project does not implement them, and I'm no good at understand basics of the 68000 emulation)
-should be ok starting from Android 1.5 but I didn't test it (Dream on Cyanogen here).
You need to own a rom copy and some disks to use this legally, of course. If there's some good feedbacks, maybe I'll put it in the market (already done a couple of emulators there). Enjoy !

Edit 12/27 : Now with sound and touch controls on the Android Market

Last edited:

shagrath78

May 7, 2009
make it one and a half :)
It's a port, not that hard, once you got some Android knowledge, the basics of the SDK-NDK interaction, and the open source works from several people. And I left some parts (sound and touch controls), quite buggy/boring to code

jzanitsch

May 22, 2009
Did you ever know that you were my hero? Seriously, great stuff! If you could add sound this would be the best thing I have on my phone!

Areinu

Oct 12, 2008
Amazing. Superfrog works pretty well. If I could just insert all floppies at once it would be completely awesome.

If you're not planning on supporting this too much in the future would you consider making it open source?

It's completely fun to put android next to my old ami500, old 1200 and turn on superfrog on each :D

shagrath78

May 7, 2009
Ok, hate to leave work unfinished so I added the sound and touch controls. Watch the Market, it should appear there soon.

btw to enable the sound on a HTC Dream makes the emulator a little more sluggish, well now at least you'll have the choice (or buy a 2nd gen Android device :p)

Gerdal

Sep 30, 2007
xirit.pl
Not working properly. App asks me to force close when I'm pressing MENU button... Previous build (from first post) works properly. Can I please to fix this bug?

After all, great job :)

Last edited:

Gerdal

Sep 30, 2007
xirit.pl
Hmm It's weird... After a couple of restarts of phone, the app is working correctly... I will leave a post (and logcat) when this problem come back.

friedgoldmole

Jan 10, 2009
Wow this works really well, playing Superfrog on it now :) Any plans to add save states to this?

I wonder how much better performance is on the droid. Superfrog plays perfectly on my G1 with frame skip disabled and sound off, having it on made it more jerky.

Also would it possible to have the escape key mapped to something, like the shutter button or as a menu item, i'm sure some games needed it to get into the menu.

Thanks for porting this!!

Last edited:

Dac0908

Dec 11, 2009
5 stars from me :)

works great, played with it a little. kickstarted 3.0 ROM, loaded game with no problems - but Hero's hardware isn't up to it. Maybe on my next android, with faster CPU and proper keyboard...

friedgoldmole

Jan 10, 2009
Only problem I have had is it doesn't seem to like some of my Kickstart rom files, it works fine with one of the 1.3 roms I had with WinUAE, but says Invalid for most of the others including 3.1, all of which work in WinUAE, any ideas?

friedgoldmole

Jan 10, 2009
Non working rom size is as follows:

3.1 - 524,299 bytes

Just thinking could it be because it is a rom from Amiga Forever from Cloanto, do they use a keyfile for the rom?

DocMAX

Nov 22, 2006
Blazing fast on a Droid/Milestone! Thanks a lot. Just the Mouse-Control is still a little buggy. For Disk-Activity you could use the green/red led! =)

lxrose

Oct 7, 2009
how keyboard is emulated

Hi,
I have successfully set-up UAE4Droid, tried my favorite game, but it(Pinball Fantasies) needs alt or shift to control the game. I could not figure out how to play the game because of this. (Pressing alt or shift on the G1 does not work. )
Anybody know how to use these keys?
Thanks

Sandor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks, I spent a good part of my sunday (and friday night, let's be honest) to port UAE4All for Android. So here's UAE4Droid. Most games are working fine, don't expect killer framerates though (it should be faster on a Droid). I don't plan to actively support this app, so here's the catch:
    -no sound
    -physical controls only (that's why I post here, you can configure them btw)
    -no save states (the original project does not implement them, and I'm no good at understand basics of the 68000 emulation)
    -should be ok starting from Android 1.5 but I didn't test it (Dream on Cyanogen here).
    You need to own a rom copy and some disks to use this legally, of course. If there's some good feedbacks, maybe I'll put it in the market (already done a couple of emulators there). Enjoy !

Edit 12/27 : Now with sound and touch controls on the Android Market
    Sorry if I've missed a previous post (I did try a search) but does UAE4Droid accept DMS images? Apparently . Thanks.

Just had a quick look at the source, I dont think it has DMS support.
    If I can get it compiling, I would like to have a play round with it, maybe add stuff to it.
    I doubt I will be doing much more on Sony PSP. Ill do one more release on that.
    Hello shagrath78..

My Wish: possiblity to load exe file...

Thank you !

HTC Desire...

You'll need to explain that more as it makes no sense what so ever!
    Anyone got this working on a Nexus S? All I get is a black screen with the frame rate updating at around 50. The floppy loading indicator does not update at all and stays at zero. I have to select "Cyclone M68k emulation" to even get that far. I've also tried ROM's from 1.0 to 3.1 with no luck and tried running fresh from boot. My C64 emulator works great - just need this to work now :( Any ideas?

Looks like a lot of emulators need an update for gingerbread. Snesoid just got one and now works under gingerbread.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
    first attempts to port puae (68020+, AGA, HDD) for android
    1) DroidPUAE - http://droidpuae.blogspot.com/
    2) PUAE - http://anddev.at.ua/load/emulators/puae_amiga_emulator/2-1-0-15