1Gb/8Gb 2100Mhz

Search This thread

Tripledrop

Aug 28, 2010
Birmingham
I have the above watch. I ordered the pre-rooted dev edition, but guess what? Omate sent me the standard edition (as well as leaving out my accessories)

Is there a way to root this version? Or any ROMs?

Any advice or info for this edition would be appreciated :)

cosurgi

Apr 27, 2014
I have the above watch. I ordered the pre-rooted dev edition, but guess what? Omate sent me the standard edition (as well as leaving out my accessories)

Is there a way to root this version? Or any ROMs?

Any advice or info for this edition would be appreciated :)

I also bought 8GB/1GB, 2100 version and I have no idea if I received what I paid for. I don't know how to check amount of free memory. I see in "storage" that I have 4.9GB free. So maybe it is an 8GB version but 3.1GB is used by firmware? It is strange btw, because I have just flashed it with new firmware and on my PC it had size only 300MB.

Tripledrop

Aug 28, 2010
Birmingham
I also bought 8GB/1GB, 2100 version and I have no idea if I received what I paid for. I don't know how to check amount of free memory. I see in "storage" that I have 4.9GB free. So maybe it is an 8GB version but 3.1GB is used by firmware? It is strange btw, because I have just flashed it with new firmware and on my PC it had size only 300MB.

Well I think the other option is 4Gb, so if it's higher it seems likely it's the 8Gb edition? I had the same thoughts lol

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
There is no prerooted Omate.

Only 4.9GB free space. Nothing new. Take a look at a 16GB Samsung, you get about 9GB free.

Root. Not yet, I've only had a copy of the 2100 firmware for about 24hrs and no 1/8 2100 to test on. This is requiring I go through the firmware line by line to root and patch it.

thermalboyz

May 1, 2008
NoWhere
EU 2100 1/8GB here too, storage (Phone 1.27GB, Total Space 4.91GB) so i think this is 8GB version but curious that system and OS took nearly 4GB spaces.

Developer Edition - Omate_TrueSmart_20140328.182336_V2.0
Root checker checked the watch is UNROOTED

Need to wait for Loki security patch for EU 2100 version.

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
You mean the page that also says;

1.3Ghz Dual core (no 1/8 is 1.3GHz)
IP67 water resistance (was never even tested correctly)
Sapphire Crystal Glass (nope just a spray on coating if even that)
Companion support for iOS (BT doesn't even work right yet much less companion mode)
Play Store (not according to Google)
20+ Premium Clockfaces (only if somebody else does it for them)
and the list goes on.....

Ignore what the KS page says and trust the guys that exposed almost every one of the failures on Omate's part and have been working to fix what they can for everybody else.

azizbouharb

Jun 25, 2007

Only 4.9GB free space. Nothing new. Take a look at a 16GB Samsung, you get about 9GB free.

Root. Not yet, I've only had a copy of the 2100 firmware for about 24hrs and no 1/8 2100 to test on. This is requiring I go through the firmware line by line to root and patch it.

Can you please upload the ROM my 2100 1g/8g had a chinese ROM, i flashed every available rom and still my sensors are not working , it seems the lates version has everything working fine, i would be very gratefull if you could upload it so i can use it, thanks

cosurgi

Apr 27, 2014

then I'm sorry for guys who ordered the 4GB version. They have only 900MB free space...

jwelsch

Dec 29, 2013
1.21GB somehow... US with a EU ftw. Gotta love shipping experts.

Sent from my Moto X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Androidandy

Mar 9, 2009
I have just received my developer edition in the UK 1gb/8gb. Internal storage says 1.27gb and total storage. 4.91gb with 4.89gb available. I have side loaded play store and put on several google apps. I assume this is normal. My only problem I seem to have is when I take a photo it doesn't store it in the gallery or dcim folder. I don't have so card fitted, never needed to before when storing photos. Am I doing something wrong. ?

thermalboyz

May 1, 2008
NoWhere
I have just received my developer edition in the UK 1gb/8gb. Internal storage says 1.27gb and total storage. 4.91gb with 4.89gb available. I have side loaded play store and put on several google apps. I assume this is normal. My only problem I seem to have is when I take a photo it doesn't store it in the gallery or dcim folder. I don't have so card fitted, never needed to before when storing photos. Am I doing something wrong. ?

Try to change to 3mp instead of 5mp in camera setting. I tried that works and picture saved, Video no problem at all. I do not know why not able to save 5mp pics tho. Hope this helps.

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Omate really fu**ed all up...
It's amazing how they did this scam and it's scam, nothing less...

CPU 1Ghz instead of 1.3, camera 3mpx scaled to 5mpx - they can't say they didn't know that in the beginning, that was planned and that's scam.

I'm willing to take my watch and shut the fu*k up but if I preordered watch - I would be very mad right now.

KS is KS and that's nothing new but to but something advertised and receive something totally different??!

But OK... @Androidandy
Mate, you have 2100 version?
How could you sideload without recovery - is that even possible using only ADB?
How did you install market?

Loki just said - no root method for 2100, so no recovery...
Or we have unlocked bootloader and we can flash custom kernel? Hahaha....frickin' sources..

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

thermalboyz

May 1, 2008
NoWhere
Omate really fu**ed all up...
It's amazing how they did this scam and it's scam, nothing less...

CPU 1Ghz instead of 1.3, camera 3mpx scaled to 5mpx - they can't say they didn't know that in the beginning, that was planned and that's scam.

I'm willing to take my watch and shut the fu*k up but if I preordered watch - I would be very mad right now.

KS is KS and that's nothing new but to but something advertised and receive something totally different??!

But OK... @Androidandy
Mate, you have 2100 version?
How could you sideload without recovery - is that even possible using only ADB?
How did you install market?

Loki just said - no root method for 2100, so no recovery...
Or we have unlocked bootloader and we can flash custom kernel? Hahaha....frickin' sources..

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

No need rooted to install PLAY. Just download Play apk and install. Mine is developer edition but UNROOTED, so went to get PLAY apk download to TS and click install. Dropbox won't work tho. (Can't get to login page)

thermalboyz

May 1, 2008
NoWhere
@loki, i don't understand what you mean. I thought unsecured is only apply which Clicking Link, Browsing website, and downloading stuffs. (I download the Play APK from the link you provided (AndroidPolice). I haven't used any browsing, downloading apart from that APK, not even login Gmail, FB, etc). Correct me if i am wrong this still relevant to personal information security, or we should pack the TS and put back into box?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You mean the page that also says;

1.3Ghz Dual core (no 1/8 is 1.3GHz)
    IP67 water resistance (was never even tested correctly)
    Sapphire Crystal Glass (nope just a spray on coating if even that)
    Companion support for iOS (BT doesn't even work right yet much less companion mode)
    Play Store (not according to Google)
    20+ Premium Clockfaces (only if somebody else does it for them)
    and the list goes on.....

Ignore what the KS page says and trust the guys that exposed almost every one of the failures on Omate's part and have been working to fix what they can for everybody else.
    Just adding root isn't really enough, all this does is open up root access for apps that are anticipating the device to be secure in the first place. Any malicious app which tries to do root stuff in a shell without asking will succeed.

ADB push of the SU app and binary should also provide root, no need for any exploit.
    @thermalboyz
    It's best to assume that if it comes from Umeox/Omate it has more holes than Swiss Cheese. I haven't look for or tested it yet but Adam Outler said you can brick the stock firmware with an email (or was it a text, I can't remember). Even the ota updater is a security hole.

Install TWRP and flash either Dees BT ROM or the Unified 1/8 1900/2100 Unrooted Secured Tuned Stock ROM
    hi guys. Has anyone figured out how to install Google services on this model? the *#2013092 code doesn't seem to be working. And i don't want to root my device.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Read the "everything umeox" post in the forum: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2510696
    It can create a 3g WiFi hotspot. I have done that with mine on T-Mobile 5gig Walmart plan, stock firmware.
    The watch gets hot and eats battery though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk