How to check if is unlocked rooted and all?

Search This thread

lukazzo

Jan 10, 2009
Hi to all, i got an m8 used, how can i check if is unlocked or rooted or something else? i think that is rooted because with root checker say that is rooted, when i see in bootloader it say s-on, u know how to get all back to stock like getting it new from store?

strikerdj2011

Jan 16, 2011
Some where
Hi to all, i got an m8 used, how can i check if is unlocked or rooted or something else? i think that is rooted because with root checker say that is rooted, when i see in bootloader it say s-on, u know how to get all back to stock like getting it new from store?

in the bootloader where it says s-on does it say locked or tampered

lukazzo

Jan 10, 2009
what network is it on cause as far as i know only certain m8s can be rooted with out bootloader unlock and if the bootloader says locked it means its bootloader cant have been unlocked as it says s-on

it's not a locked phone just a euro version cid is htc_001, cannot be that relocked bootloader and back to s on without removing root?

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
The unlock could be spoofed and tampered could be removed with S-off and then s-on could be set.

Just install a root app like greenify or titanium backup and see if it asks for root.

lukazzo

Jan 10, 2009
The unlock could be spoofed and tampered could be removed with S-off and then s-on could be set.

Just install a root app like greenify or titanium backup and see if it asks for root.

it never ask for permission, but i tried root explorer and i can see all the folder, greenify didn't ask for anything but seem to work

lukazzo

Jan 10, 2009
i tried installing supersu and app ask for permissions so is rooted, there is a way to unroot and check if is really s on and locked?