CM10 Torch toggle not working!!

Search This thread

Arun Av

Mar 2, 2012
Kolkata
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Hi, I am using the latest cm10 nightly by fxp (20131224) along with the 720p video recording kernel and patches. I just found out that the torch toggle from notification drawer is unavailable! I can't select it! See the screenshot. The torch.apk is there in the rom and it works ok from the app drawer. But why can't the toggle be enabled on notification panel? Please help!
u4epa8yr.jpg

Sent from my Xperia Mini using Tapatalk

miniuser123

Aug 17, 2012
Hm, I can't change that option either. But I am sure I was able to toggle it earlier, because mine is stuck in an enabled state:)
So my suggestion: uninstall my patch, enable torch in notification drawer if you can, then reinstall my patch.

Edit: my patch changes Settings.apk so that one can toggle CRT animation.

Last edited:

Arun Av

Mar 2, 2012
Kolkata
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Hm, I can't change that option either. But I am sure I was able to toggle it earlier, because mine is stuck in an enabled state:)
So my suggestion: uninstall my patch, enable torch in notification drawer if you can, then reinstall my patch.

First of all- thanks for that awesome patch of yours ..and thanks for replying here to my query :) I really can't imagine of uninstalling your patch..because that solved all the remaining problems I had with cm10 build. So do u think if I replace this modified settings.apk with the original cm apk..the toggle flashlight problem will be solved? Will that revert the pin layout/crt animation fixes? I think crt animation won't revert cuz it's already enabled and I don't need a toggle to enable/disable it. What do u suggest? :)

miniuser123

Aug 17, 2012
First of all- thanks for that awesome patch of yours ..and thanks for replying here to my query :) I really can't imagine of uninstalling your patch..because that solved all the remaining problems I had with cm10 build. So do u think if I replace this modified settings.apk with the original cm apk..the toggle flashlight problem will be solved? Will that revert the pin layout/crt animation fixes? I think crt animation won't revert cuz it's already enabled and I don't need a toggle to enable/disable it. What do u suggest? :)

Yep, try to use the original Settings.apk, and we shall see... Don't forget to change permissions to 644 if you copy it manually.

Arun Av

Mar 2, 2012
Kolkata
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Yep, try to use the original Settings.apk, and we shall see... Don't forget to change permissions to 644 if you copy it manually.

It worked! Thanks! :) I guess the modified settings.apk has some string/smali issue. Now flash toggle is working and guess what, I didn't even lose a thing!(apart from the crt animation toggle, I dnt need it, cuz the animation is enabled already)
thanks again! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.