[Q] Stuck on Splash screen after Root

Search This thread

swoggy

May 9, 2013
Manchester,N.W.England
I've made a mistake after a successful week following installing and running a custom ROM.
After Rooting the GT-I8160 a year ago and having no updates from Samsung since new it took me
a few days setting the phone up jumping from GB to CM11 so I didn't spot that ROOT access had been lost until this morning.

Tinkering with the internals didn't have the fear it held when first buying the phone on the Orange network in the UK
so I deleted Titanium Backup & Supersu but re-installing still left things un-rooted.

So I went straight to the original guide I followed on Cnets and rooted it again .... as I'd easily gained access to the ROM holding
down the 3 buttons manys times now and could do it again if I had trouble. ODIN carried out its job but when the phone restarted
it would get no further than the Splash screen Samsung Galaxy etc. In this position I tried to get it into Recovery mode keeping my
fingers on the buttons until it would turn off and restart, the only difference is when I try the Download mode the following appears
on screen;
Applying Multi-csc ........
Installing Multi-csc
Can't access to '/System/csc/EVR/system
Successfully applied Multi csc.

At the top of the screen it gives the option to Re-boot but again goes as far as Splash Screen where it remains.

I hope I've not killed the phone and that you can suggest how I can re-set it with the aid of Odin - the only access point.

Last edited:

swoggy

May 9, 2013
Manchester,N.W.England
Problem Resolved

After more investigating I saw a link recommending downloading the Firmware for Russia Ace 2 as it was the only one that whilst using ODIN
it had the files for PDA, Phone and CSC. After running this it got my phone up & running then from the same site - SamMobile I got the FW for UK & Orange which after 'wiping data/factory resets' brought my phone back to the day I'd purchased it. :victory:

Hope this may help anyone else who fears the end of their phone :)

Aarek

Jan 26, 2014
Warsaw
As I understand you wanted flash CM11 on GB. If you want flash any custom rom above GB your baseband must be JellyBean. Just remeber ;)