[CWM][Xperia J][JB] CWM for Jelly Bean 11.2.A.0.31 & 11.2.A.0.21 LOCKED bootloader

Search This thread

lietkynes82

Mar 12, 2013
Can i use this method with custom rom installed

I got Alienrom v5 installed yesterday, but i don't know if it has cwm installed, so i'd like to ask if i can use this method for this rom? (it has some special kernel ftf by 2010Matej...

lietkynes82

Mar 12, 2013
actually, stock kernel makes bootloop. The modified kernel by 2010Matej needs to be flashed with no final verification ticked, then it works after cwm.

Holocaust77

Mar 3, 2014
okay then, may be you should look at this :
1. you need to have root (for the adb shell)
2. continue install the cwm through PC
3. dont install (full) busybox by stericsson coz it will replace the "sh" file which it causing you cant Entering CWM. if you want to install fully busybox, install it first then continue with install CWM
4. make sure all files exist in your system folder
this work fine on me, and im sure will work on you too if all the require files exist

Reactions: CzlowiekDrzewo
Apr 17, 2014
Thanks

okay then, may be you should look at this :
1. you need to have root (for the adb shell)
2. continue install the cwm through PC
3. dont install (full) busybox by stericsson coz it will replace the "sh" file which it causing you cant Entering CWM. if you want to install fully busybox, install it first then continue with install CWM
4. make sure all files exist in your system folder
this work fine on me, and im sure will work on you too if all the require files exist

Somehow I made it. The phone was rooted and I didn't even thought about installing busybox. What helped was installing CWM again and then flashing it with CWM usage file twice. Anyway, thank you very much for help and I still have one question. I've installed CM10 FXP243. Isn't there newer version for J? My friend had different boot animation and had option to overclock CPU to over 1500MHz. Unfortunately, he don't have this phone anymore.

Edit:
Plus, GSM isn't working and there's no Google Play or even option for adding Google Account.

Last edited:

Holocaust77

Mar 3, 2014
nah, I dont know about the latest version buddy, I've never tried using cm10. I've tried some of the custom roms here but nothing were suit me so I prefer using stock rom with some tweaks and modifications :) but something I know if you want to flash cm10, you have to downgrade to ICS first to avoid Signal/GSM problem. then continue with flashing gapps (Google apps) for cm10. and for the overclock thing, I think u need a custom kernel (unlocked bootloader) its also provided different boot logo, for bootanimation you can find it here, there are plenty of it. just download bootanimation.zip and push it manually to system/media directory and give proper permission :)

Last edited:
Reactions: CzlowiekDrzewo

shell_uk

Apr 14, 2009
Ok, so I've screwed up. Help please :(

So basically I copied the folder with the ROM files not the zip file, and I got as far as I could going through the instructions before realising this!

I tried the sideload option but adb just kept throwing an error when trying (but the phone showed up under adb devices, showing recovery mode though, probably why it failed/errored sideloading?).

I then, stupidly, took the battery out the phone as I could not get out of the sideload screen.

It won't CWM/re-enter recovery again (after some googling I now realise in another menu there was an option to mount usb storage!).

I can get it in to flashmode with flashtool and flash the recovery or android files but no help - because I've deleted system files (android) or the temp files put there by install.bat are gone (recovery), is my understand.

Running install.bat now doesn't see the device.

At the moment if I just turn it on it sits on the Sony logo for a while and reboots, and sits on the Sony logo for a while and reboots, and on and on.

Any ideas please? VERY much appreciated!

Holocaust77

Mar 3, 2014
why not flashing the rom again? your device detected in flashtool right? one question? how did u delete the recovery files in system? u just took out the battery it wont lose ur recovery, flash the ICS kernel back to enter the CWM or flash JB kernel according to your firmware

shell_uk

Apr 14, 2009
why not flashing the rom again? your device detected in flashtool right? one question? how did u delete the recovery files in system? u just took out the battery it wont lose ur recovery, flash the ICS kernel back to enter the CWM or flash JB kernel according to your firmware

I couldn't get back in to CWM even after flashing the recovery again in flashtool so assumed it had deleted them, backed up the fact you have to do this after copying the files with install.bat everytime on the Xperia J as it is only temporary.

Panic over though. I used the Sony Companion tool and the repair option. It's now booting.

I'll save trying to this again for tomorrow :)

Edit: Apologies for some confusion, I realise now that I meant to post this in this thread instead, which was what I was trying to do overall, but was in this one following the CWM bit: http://xdaforums.com/xperia-j-e/development/rom-alienrom-super-hot-update-v3-fxp-t2527939

Last edited:

awkwardguy

Apr 22, 2014
Lisbon
Hit a bump on step 4...

Hi guys, so I rooted my Xperia J and wnat to install cwm.
Sony PC companion is on.
Debugging is on.
Unknown sources is on.
I downloaded all the files with no problem, but once I tried to "4 Turn on install.bat" this appeared.

The system cannot find the path specified.
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
=============================================
Step1 : Waiting for Device.
OK

Step2 : Sending some files.

Step3 : Setting up files system partition.

Finished!

Press any key to continue . . .

Any help would receive a heart felt :good: "THANKS" and a comment.

Dzepar

Feb 12, 2011
Sony Xperia 10 III
Try exiting PC Companion and try again, I had similar problem when Flashtool was working.

"Search" is The thing for finding The Answer!!!
Send from My Xperia J!

steryman

Dec 27, 2010
Hey guys, I'll try to install it on my friend's J tomorrow. If it's working, I'll make a video tutorial :)

Later Edit: Hey guys, it worked but I couldn't record because my Xperia S was running a custom ROM and the camera wasn't working. The steps I've followed are actually exactly as the ones said in the first post of this thread.

1. Make sure you are rooted
2. run install.bat from the zip(cwp_6.1 or whatever) extracted
3. press accept or grant in the supersu/superuser prompt on phone
4. after install.bat is done, press any key in the console to close it
5. if you got any errors in install.bat, run it again, it happended for me once(when it had to get root permissions on phone, the process was actually continuing)
6. turn off the phone, run Flashtool and select the recovery ftf (it's the firmware with device ST26i and Branding "Aby uzywac CWM sflasuj to") and flash it to the phone(in flashmode)
7. After the flashing is done, unplug the phone, power it up, and press vol - when Sony logo appears
8. Use CWM for whatever you need for
9. After you are done with CWM, do not reboot, remove the battery(rebooting may cause to harm your device, because recovery.ftf contains ICS kernel which is not compatible with JB)
10. put the battery back, don't power up the phone yet
11. In flashtool, select the .31 firmware(either the official ftf or the JB31.ftf containing only the kernel) and flash the kernel only
12. After flashing is finished, unplug the phone and power it

So the idea is that if you need to access the CWM, you have to power off your phone, flash the recovery.ftf, enter cwm, and after using cwm power the phone off and flash back the original kernel(31 ftf)

And yes, it was a locked bootloader, and more than that, it's a Bootloader unlock status: NO, so if it worked for me, there's no reason it won't work for you. The reason it's not working for you is that you're not following the steps correctly. Some of the users saying this isn't working is because they didn't made sure they are rooted, so once again I tell you to check if you're rooted before doing this.

Last edited:

papaver

Jan 22, 2012
24/025/2014 14:25:02 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode
24/025/2014 14:25:46 - INFO - Selected Bundle for ST26i. FW release : null. Customization : Aby uzywac CWM sflasuj to
24/025/2014 14:25:47 - INFO - Preparing files for flashing
24/025/2014 14:25:47 - INFO - Please connect your device into flashmode.
24/025/2014 14:25:48 - INFO - Opening device for R/W
24/025/2014 14:25:48 - INFO - Reading device information
24/025/2014 14:25:54 - INFO - Unable to read from phone after having opened it.
24/025/2014 14:25:54 - INFO - trying to continue anyway
24/025/2014 14:25:57 - INFO - Start Flashing
24/026/2014 14:26:10 - INFO - Processing loader.sin
24/026/2014 14:26:10 - INFO - Checking header
24/026/2014 14:26:10 - INFO - Ending flash session
24/026/2014 14:26:10 - ERROR - Error in processHeader : 22 : The device does not recognize the command.
24/026/2014 14:26:10 - ERROR - Error flashing. Aborted
24/026/2014 14:26:13 - INFO - Device connected with USB debugging off
24/026/2014 14:26:13 - INFO - For 2011 devices line, be sure you are not in MTP mode

this is what hapens when trying to flash recovery.. i want to install alien rom..
i am on stock rooted 11.2.0.a.31 and i cant install...please help

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

it is working now..thanks :)

karajanlee123

Feb 1, 2014
taichung
really helpful!!
if you run install.bat and got an error...run again...!!

Hey guys, I'll try to install it on my friend's J tomorrow. If it's working, I'll make a video tutorial :)

Later Edit: Hey guys, it worked but I couldn't record because my Xperia S was running a custom ROM and the camera wasn't working. The steps I've followed are actually exactly as the ones said in the first post of this thread.

5. if you got any errors in install.bat, run it again, it happended for me once(when it had to get root permissions on phone, the process was actually continuing)
6. turn off the phone, run Flashtool and select the recovery ftf (it's the firmware with device ST26i and Branding "Aby uzywac CWM sflasuj to") and flash it to the phone(in flashmode)
7. After the flashing is done, unplug the phone, power it up, and press vol - when Sony logo appears
9. After you are done with CWM, do not reboot, remove the battery(rebooting may cause to harm your device, because recovery.ftf contains ICS kernel which is not compatible with JB)
11. In flashtool, select the .31 firmware(either the official ftf or the JB31.ftf containing only the kernel) and flash the kernel only

So the idea is that if you need to access the CWM, you have to power off your phone, flash the recovery.ftf, enter cwm, and after using cwm power the phone off and flash back the original kernel(31 ftf)

And yes, it was a locked bootloader, and more than that, it's a Bootloader unlock status: NO, so if it worked for me, there's no reason it won't work for you. The reason it's not working for you is that you're not following the steps correctly. Some of the users saying this isn't working is because they didn't made sure they are rooted, so once again I tell you to check if you're rooted before doing this.

2000hardwell

Sep 25, 2013
SORRY BUT WHEN I TRY TO FLASH THE RECOVERY FTF THE FLASHTOOL ABORTS THE FLASH AND SAYS THIS:

HERE IS THE COMPLETE LOG:
30/055/2014 18:55:52 - INFO - <- This level is successfully initialized
30/055/2014 18:55:52 - INFO - Flashtool Version 0.9.10.1 built on 2013-01-09 19:49:47
30/055/2014 18:55:52 - INFO - You can drag and drop ftf files here to start flashing them
30/056/2014 18:56:02 - INFO - Device connected with USB debugging off
30/056/2014 18:56:02 - INFO - For 2011 devices line, be sure you are not in MTP mode
30/056/2014 18:56:03 - INFO - Selected Recovery.ftf
30/056/2014 18:56:03 - INFO - Preparing files for flashing
30/056/2014 18:56:03 - INFO - Please connect your device into flashmode.
30/056/2014 18:56:05 - INFO - Device disconnected
30/056/2014 18:56:13 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode
30/056/2014 18:56:13 - INFO - Opening device for R/W
30/056/2014 18:56:13 - INFO - Reading device information
30/056/2014 18:56:14 - INFO - Phone ready for flashmode operations.
30/056/2014 18:56:14 - INFO - Current device : ST26a - YT9006MGZE - 1267-0305_R5E - 1263-8752_11.2.A.0.31 - WORLD-a_11.2.A.0.31
30/056/2014 18:56:14 - INFO - Start Flashing
30/056/2014 18:56:14 - INFO - Processing loader
30/056/2014 18:56:14 - INFO - Ending flash session
30/056/2014 18:56:14 - ERROR - No loader found for this device
30/056/2014 18:56:14 - ERROR - Error flashing. Aborted
30/056/2014 18:56:14 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode

PLEASE PLEASE REPLY ME I TRYING THIS FOR ALIEN ROM V6 LOCKED BOOTLOADER :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [CWM][Xperia J][JB] CWM for Jelly Bean 11.2.A.0.31 & 11.2.A.0.21 LOCKED bootloader

YOU MUST HAVE ROOT!

CWM by termobulbulator (for Jelly Bean 11.2.A.0.21 & 11.2.A.0.31 Works with locked bootloader)
    0a Download THIS
    0b Download THIS(for .21) or THIS(for .31)
    1 Download THIS and extract
    2 Enable USB debugging
    3 Connect your phone to your computer
    4 Turn on install.bat
    To use the CWM:
    5 Turn on Flashtool
    6 Flash with Flashtool "recovery.ftf"(In Flashtool in "Branding" is written:""Aby uzywac CWM sflasuj to") When flashtool finish, unplug Your phone from USB.
    7 Turn on phone. When you see the Sony logo, click Vol -.
    To use Android:
    8 Take the battery out for 5 seconds.
    9 Turn on Flashtool
    10 Flash with Flashtool "JB.ftf"(or "JB31.ftf)(In Flashtool in "Branding" is written:"Aby uzywac TELEFONU sflasuj to"). When flashtool finish, unplug Your phone from USB.
    11 Turn on phone
    12 And the most important point (for me), click "THANKS" if I helped
    13 Done.

How to flash via flashtool: http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/general/tutorial-how-to-flash-stock-roms-t2240614

Way to CWM for Jelly Bean does not allow copying.

Controls: "Vol +" - Up, "Vol -" - down, "power" - confirm.

I am not responsible for damage..

Original: http://forum.android.com.pl/f779/st26i-root-cwm-twrp-xperia-j-ra-wniea-dla-11-2-a-0-21-a-240340/
    Tested and work in .31, but about phone:
    Build number was (unknown)

Sent from my ST26i using xda premium

Sorry for that.
    I edited tutorial and now work perfectly..

I'v test it and this is working! :D