[Q] Car Mode, Task Manager, Flashlight

Search This thread

bnjmnhinkle

Apr 26, 2014
Hello,

I've had my new phone for a few weeks. I love having an HTC again, but I seem to be missing some things. So, I have a few questions about my ATT HTC m8.

First is Car Mode. My last HTC had it, the internet seems to say I should have it, yet on my AT&T device I cannot seem to find it. It it there and I'm missing it? Is it on the AT&T model? If not is there an apk file I can get to add it?

Second is a task manager. I can close out recent tasks, but they remain open in the background. The older HTCs had a task manager. Am I missing it? I would rather not have to use a 3rd party app.

Last is a flashlight. Is there not one pre installed on this device?

Thanks for taking your time to respond!

nizbot

Oct 4, 2010
DriveMode is ATTs version. No built in task manager or flashlight that I'm aware of though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: bnjmnhinkle

bnjmnhinkle

Apr 26, 2014
Thanks for the help. After further research I did see that the ATT version does not have Car Mode.... SOO.... This is where I am a little more confused....

I installed a 3rd party car mode app. CarHome Ultra to be exact. The crazy thing is if I open the app, press tap to set, then go to applications Car Mode is there! The HTC version! After going back to my application manager and going to ALL I do see the car app(I looked before but must have missed it). It's not accessible without going through that 3rd party app to get there though.... Any ideas? Anyway to make it accessible without rooting my device?

I know it might be silly going though so much work, but I'd rather have stock applications.

By the way! Thanks for the flashlight apk and the other info!

nextelfixer

May 1, 2008
Jamaica, NY
Thanks for the help. After further research I did see that the ATT version does not have Car Mode.... SOO.... This is where I am a little more confused....

I installed a 3rd party car mode app. CarHome Ultra to be exact. The crazy thing is if I open the app, press tap to set, then go to applications Car Mode is there! The HTC version! After going back to my application manager and going to ALL I do see the car app(I looked before but must have missed it). It's not accessible without going through that 3rd party app to get there though.... Any ideas? Anyway to make it accessible without rooting my device?

I know it might be silly going though so much work, but I'd rather have stock applications.

HTC Car Mode is actually on the phone but AT&T has it hidden. (the Icon looks like a steering wheel) You can easily add a shortcut to it by using QuickShortcutMaker from the Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sika524.android.quickshortcut

The app scans your phone and then lists all the apps on it. You then select the app you want and it will add a shortcut to tha app you one of your home screens. It won't add it to the app drawer but it is fully functional as a shortcut on your home screen. Hope this helped

Reactions: bnjmnhinkle

bnjmnhinkle

Apr 26, 2014
HTC Car Mode is actually on the phone but AT&T has it hidden. (the Icon looks like a steering wheel) You can easily add a shortcut to it by using QuickShortcutMaker from the Play Store

The app scans your phone and then lists all the apps on it. You then select the app you want and it will add a shortcut to tha app you one of your home screens. It won't add it to the app drawer but it is fully functional as a shortcut on your home screen. Hope this helped

Thanks. That worked like a charm! Cool app as well. I really appreciate it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is a thread with the flashlight.apk over in the Themes and Apps section.
    DriveMode is ATTs version. No built in task manager or flashlight that I'm aware of though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sika524.android.quickshortcut