[Q] HTC One [M7] Boot loop...

Search This thread

Ixolus

Apr 29, 2014
Hello,

I'm having the infamous Boot Loop issue but with an interesting twist...

I have gotten to the point with command prompt where it is < waiting for device > (I'm trying to use ADB)

And my device is in "FASTBOOT USB" mode

The only issue that is between me and sweet victory is my computer isn't recognizing my device.

When I plug my device into my computer a popup saying that "the connected USB device is not recognized" shows, I know that it isn't the USB or the cord because I was just using this setup about an hour ago to transfer the Rom (Android Revolution HD) to my device.

Any Ideas on a fix for this issue? Hope everything made sense, I tried to add pictures to help explain but the forum wouldn't allow me to.

[Edit]
I am willing to do a hard reset if need be, but I can't get to the options to do so because that is in recovery which I can't access...

Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I have gotten to the point with command prompt where it is < waiting for device > (I'm trying to use ADB)

ADB commands only works from the OS or from custom recovery. In bootloader mode you can only use fastboot commands.

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

Hello,

What recovery did you used to flash the rom? arhd require twrp 2.6.3.3 and up

---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

Hello,

The only issue that is between me and sweet victory is my computer isn't recognizing my device.

When I plug my device into my computer a popup saying that "the connected USB device is not recognized" shows, I know that it isn't the USB or the cord because I was just using this setup about an hour ago to transfer the Rom (Android Revolution HD) to my device.

Looks like you have drivers issues. If you go in windows device manager, when you connect the phone it should says ''My HTC''. If not you'll need to re-install the drivers.

originally from @nkk71: [GUIDE] [02-MAR-2014] nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock

2) Q: I'm using Windows 7 what should I worry about
A: when you issue the command "fastboot boot CWM.img" (now only in CWM/TWRP restore method) there's a high chance drivers won't correctly install
dh4kjo.jpg

follow the below instructions to fix

Open "Device Manager" -> select the unknown "One" -> right-click -> "Update Driver Software ..." -> "Browse my computer" -> "Let me pick" -> "Android USB Devices" -> select "My HTC ..." -> install that
just in case, HTC Drivers can be found here: [Drivers] HTC Drivers for Windows - Several Versions (credits to @mdmower)
though you should already have them since you have been using your phone anyways

for those who like a visual guide:

okay so I did a fastboot boot command, and as you can see it didnt install correct driver
28ioxf6.jpg

Open "Device Manager"
2ywxpp3.jpg

there's the culprit
312v6me.jpg

right click and Update Driver Software
2ivmu5k.jpg

select Browse my computer for driver software
357qek7.jpg

select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
2582flf.jpg

select Android USB Devices
143jar8.jpg

select My HTC ... (if you have more than one version, choose the latest)
axea9h.jpg

warning, select Yes
14lhelv.jpg

successful installation
21btc3d.jpg

now it looks better :)
zwx53s.jpg

and can confirm:
Code:
C:\ADB3>[B]adb devices[/B]
List of devices attached
HTxxxxxxxxxx    recovery
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

Any Ideas on a fix for this issue?

1. fix drivers
  2. flash twrp 2.6.3.3
  3. fastboot erase cache
  4. boot recovery
  5. adb push or sideload the rom
  6. flash the rom again

Last edited:
Reactions: Ixolus

Ixolus

Apr 29, 2014
@alray
ADB commands only works from the OS or from custom recovery. In bootloader mode you can only use fastboot commands.

So what commands would I use to install the new recovery?

I don't know and I dont know how to find out, but I did have an olderversion of ArHD

Looks like you have drivers issues. If you go in windows device manager, when you connect the phone it should says ''My HTC''. If not you'll need to re-install the drivers.

Ive tried a couple times now to re-install my drivers, In Device manager the phone is coming up as "Unknown USB Device (Device Failed Enumeration) I used the highest version with the link you provided and it didn't seem to work... (I have windows 8.1)

Also, sorry for the late reply, had had class.

Last edited:

alray

May 22, 2012
So what commands would I use to install the new recovery?
as I said, from bootloader use fastboot commands not adb
Code:
fastboot flash recovery name_of_recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

Ive tried a couple times now to re-install my drivers, In Device manager the phone is coming up as "Unknown USB Device (Device Failed Enumeration) I used the highest version with the link you provided and it didn't seem to work... (I have windows 8.1)

If your device is on hboot 1.44, it will not communicate with windows 8.1 in bootloader mode.

reboot in bootloader mode and confirm what is your hboot version. If you are on 1.44 you'll have to either use a windows 7 pc or use a live linux cd.

Last edited:

blipn

Feb 28, 2010
I had the same problem but I managed, but no way to put another rom, I tried to put the RUU, anyway problem solved thank you.
the solution was to use a PC with Windows 7 and not Windows 8.1, launched from my directory FlashBoot "FlashBoot flash recovery" nom_du_clockwork.img "
then "fastboot erase cache" then "fastboot reboot-bootloader"
recovery finally worked and I restore my backup!

< French >
j'ai eu le même problème mais j'ai réussis, mais pas moyen de mettre une autre rom, je vais essayé de remettre la RUU, en tout cas problème réglé merci.
la solution a été d'utiliser un pc avec Windows 7 et non Windows 8.1, de lancer depuis mon répertoire flashboot "flashboot flash recovery "nom_du_clockwork.img"
ensuite "fastboot erase cache" puis "fastboot reboot-bootloader"
enfin le recovery a marché et j'ai restore ma sauvegarde !

alray

May 22, 2012
I had the same problem but I managed, but no way to put another rom, I tried to put the RUU, anyway problem solved thank you.
the solution was to use a PC with Windows 7 and not Windows 8.1, launched from my directory FlashBoot "FlashBoot flash recovery" nom_du_clockwork.img "
then "fastboot erase cache" then "fastboot reboot-bootloader"
recovery finally worked and I restore my backup!

< French >
j'ai eu le même problème mais j'ai réussis, mais pas moyen de mettre une autre rom, je vais essayé de remettre la RUU, en tout cas problème réglé merci.
la solution a été d'utiliser un pc avec Windows 7 et non Windows 8.1, de lancer depuis mon répertoire flashboot "flashboot flash recovery "nom_du_clockwork.img"
ensuite "fastboot erase cache" puis "fastboot reboot-bootloader"
enfin le recovery a marché et j'ai restore ma sauvegarde !

Yes its better and simpler to use a windows 7 pc. The OP want to flash arhd rom so he will need to flash twrp recovery not cwm.
Btw ''flashboot flash recovery'' or ''flashboot directory'' is incorrect. Its fastboot not flashboot

< French > ;)
Oui c'est vrai que c'est mieuxe et moins compliqué d'utiliser windows 7. L'OP veut installer ARHD et CWM ne fonctionne pas avec les dernières rom ARHD, seulement TWRP 2.6.3.3 et plus récent. En passant, ''flashboot'' ca n'existe pas c'est ''fastboot'' attention de ne pas induire en erreur les autres avec des mauvaise commandes ;)

Last edited:

Ixolus

Apr 29, 2014
Thanks guys! wedows 7 fixed it! Means a ton that yall took time out of your day to help out the stupid!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

Hello,

---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

Hello,

originally from @nkk71: [GUIDE] [02-MAR-2014] nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock

2) Q: I'm using Windows 7 what should I worry about
    A: when you issue the command "fastboot boot CWM.img" (now only in CWM/TWRP restore method) there's a high chance drivers won't correctly install
    dh4kjo.jpg

follow the below instructions to fix

Open "Device Manager" -> select the unknown "One" -> right-click -> "Update Driver Software ..." -> "Browse my computer" -> "Let me pick" -> "Android USB Devices" -> select "My HTC ..." -> install that
    just in case, HTC Drivers can be found here: [Drivers] HTC Drivers for Windows - Several Versions (credits to @mdmower)
    though you should already have them since you have been using your phone anyways

for those who like a visual guide:

okay so I did a fastboot boot command, and as you can see it didnt install correct driver
    28ioxf6.jpg

Open "Device Manager"
    2ywxpp3.jpg

there's the culprit
    312v6me.jpg

right click and Update Driver Software
    2ivmu5k.jpg

select Browse my computer for driver software
    357qek7.jpg

select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    2582flf.jpg

select Android USB Devices
    143jar8.jpg

select My HTC ... (if you have more than one version, choose the latest)
    axea9h.jpg

warning, select Yes
    14lhelv.jpg

successful installation
    21btc3d.jpg

now it looks better :)
    zwx53s.jpg

and can confirm:
    Code:
    C:\ADB3>[B]adb devices[/B]
    List of devices attached
    HTxxxxxxxxxx    recovery
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

Any Ideas on a fix for this issue?

1. fix drivers
    2. flash twrp 2.6.3.3
    3. fastboot erase cache
    4. boot recovery
    5. adb push or sideload the rom
    6. flash the rom again