Post Reply Email Thread
29th April 2014, 05:53 PM |#21  
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 3,916

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exad

Oooo.. Same as hox?? S-on requires manual flashing of the kerner it seems???

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

Most custom roms as viper and the custom kernels are having a patch to flash boot.img in recovery....it works fine...also it someone has Verizon or another not international phone he should take a rom which is for that device only also it is the same for kernels...don't mix those phones and roms otherwise in worst case you can brick or soft brick your device xD

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

18th August 2017, 04:17 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I know this is pretty old thread but I kinda did same thing too. When I wanted to make a factory reset I wiped every data and didn't installed any other ROM's. Now my phone is stuck on HTC logo screen. Can't access to bootloader or anything else. When I try to press VolUp + Power buttons, it only restarts the phone and keeps stucking on HTC logo screen.

Can anyone tell me what to do?
21st August 2017, 06:39 PM |#23  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,331

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirah

I know this is pretty old thread but I kinda did same thing too. When I wanted to make a factory reset I wiped every data and didn't installed any other ROM's. Now my phone is stuck on HTC logo screen. Can't access to bootloader or anything else. When I try to press VolUp + Power buttons, it only restarts the phone and keeps stucking on HTC logo screen.

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Failure to access bootloader is usually user error. Try this:

1) Hold Power+vol up to force a reboot.
2) The moment the screen goes dark to reboot, let go of the buttons, and only hold vol down. Don't let go, until you see the bootloader screen.
3) If you get stuck on the logo screen again, you probably just got the timing wrong. You either started pressing vol down too late, or let go too early. Repeat steps 1&2, until you get it right.

Once in bootloader, you can boot to recovery (assume you have TWRP) restore a backup, or flash a new ROM.

This should be a lesson, when wiping in TWRP, do not wipe anything if you don't understand what it is, and what the result will be.
26th August 2017, 03:40 PM |#24  
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 1,317

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Failure to access bootloader is usually user error. Try this:

1) Hold Power+vol up to force a reboot.
2) The moment the screen goes dark to reboot, let go of the buttons, and only hold vol down. Don't let go, until you see the bootloader screen.
3) If you get stuck on the logo screen again, you probably just got the timing wrong. You either started pressing vol down too late, or let go too early. Repeat steps 1&2, until you get it right.

Once in bootloader, you can boot to recovery (assume you have TWRP) restore a backup, or flash a new ROM.

This should be a lesson, when wiping in TWRP, do not wipe anything if you don't understand what it is, and what the result will be.

Hello.
Just quoted you in case you would please help me out.
I had a M8 which I gave to my father like 1,5 years ago. It was still running Lollipop (5.0.2 I think), unlocked, rooted, s-off, supercid with a custom ROM (Renovate can't remember which version exactly but Lollipop for sure).
Anyway yesterday he got a message saying the SU binary has to be updated so I went on to update it through recovery (better for HTC devices).
When I pressed ok the SU app just FCed so I decided to manually boot into recovery. As soon as I went there it tried to flash something (didn't even had a chance to see exactly, was a wall of text) but it was unsuccessful cause I certainly saw the word FAILED in red letters and the rebooted itself automatically.
Since then it goes to the boot screen and it is stuck there.
I tried many things like fastboot erasing cache, wiping cache and dalvik in recovery, fastboot flashing the boot.img of the ROM and even dirty flashing the whole ROM again but to no avail.
Any insight on this?
Many thanks in advance
29th August 2017, 05:09 AM |#25  
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteGR

Hello.
Just quoted you in case you would please help me out.
I had a M8 which I gave to my father like 1,5 years ago. It was still running Lollipop (5.0.2 I think), unlocked, rooted, s-off, supercid with a custom ROM (Renovate can't remember which version exactly but Lollipop for sure).
Anyway yesterday he got a message saying the SU binary has to be updated so I went on to update it through recovery (better for HTC devices).
When I pressed ok the SU app just FCed so I decided to manually boot into recovery. As soon as I went there it tried to flash something (didn't even had a chance to see exactly, was a wall of text) but it was unsuccessful cause I certainly saw the word FAILED in red letters and the rebooted itself automatically.
Since then it goes to the boot screen and it is stuck there.
I tried many things like fastboot erasing cache, wiping cache and dalvik in recovery, fastboot flashing the boot.img of the ROM and even dirty flashing the whole ROM again but to no avail.
Any insight on this?
Many thanks in advance

By chance you didn't happen to leave anything for HBoot to read and flash did you?

Hopefully your twrp recovery is still in tact. If you can get to recovery (volume and power button combination) use volume buttons to scroll to recovery. Hopefully you either have a backup or Rom on SD card to flash. Once ready to update su binary again, try the alternate method.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aimless Rambler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aimless Rambler Ad-Free
29th August 2017, 07:44 AM |#26  
Flag Thessaloniki

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless Rambler

By chance you didn't happen to leave anything for HBoot to read and flash did you?

Hopefully your twrp recovery is still in tact. If you can get to recovery (volume and power button combination) use volume buttons to scroll to recovery. Hopefully you either have a backup or Rom on SD card to flash. Once ready to update su binary again, try the alternate method.

Hey thanks for your input.
It was just a matter of full wiping and flashing again. Thing was I didn't want to full wipe cause my father had some contacts in the internal storage of the phone which were going to be wiped (and they did get wiped).
All is good now though thanks again.
5th September 2017, 03:38 PM |#27  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,331

More
Quote:

It was just a matter of full wiping and flashing again. .

Chiming in late. But that was what I would have suggested. If a dirty flash doesn't work, do a clean flash.

Quote:

Thing was I didn't want to full wipe cause my father had some contacts in the internal storage of the phone which were going to be wiped (and they did get wiped).

Your dad (and everyone) should realize, if data is important to them, back it up. Don't rely on a single point of failure, as it can and will at some point fail. The default on Android, is to back up contacts to the cloud (Gmail account) and the phone will typically only do otherwise, if you specifically select to do so (at your/his peril, if other backup measures are not taken).

For that matter, it's always good to have a backup made in TWRP of the current setup; and stored on the phone/SD. Especially when applying updates to things like SuperSU (other mods, updates, etc.).
5th September 2017, 04:05 PM |#28  
Flag Thessaloniki

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Chiming in late. But that was what I would have suggested. If a dirty flash doesn't work, do a clean flash.

Your dad (and everyone) should realize, if data is important to them, back it up. Don't rely on a single point of failure, as it can and will at some point fail. The default on Android, is to back up contacts to the cloud (Gmail account) and the phone will typically only do otherwise, if you specifically select to do so (at your/his peril, if other backup measures are not taken).

For that matter, it's always good to have a backup made in TWRP of the current setup; and stored on the phone/SD. Especially when applying updates to things like SuperSU (other mods, updates, etc.).

Yep agreed. Too late now though. Thanks anyways.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)