AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 DeBloating

304 posts
Thanks Meter: 134

By Commodore 64, Senior Member on 16th April 2014, 12:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th April 2014, 10:08 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
thx - I may or may not re-enable...gunna see if I have any issues. None so far.

In mean time, since there is no Root for AT&T, Ive paid to install Nova Launcher and widget Lock.

Im not all that keen on running piggyback skins, but its fast and I like many of the apps and How I can arracnge them better than the AT&T kitkat 4.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxo

Keeper is a password manager

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app

29th April 2014, 02:48 AM |#32  
Flag Hudson county N.J
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Ive turned all these off and so far I am getting amazing battery life, hopefully soon we will have a root and we can completely remove all the stuff we don't want.
The Following User Says Thank You to sk8trix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sk8trix Ad-Free
29th April 2014, 04:25 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
You don't need at mobile locate, Google has a service that does that and it is free.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
29th April 2014, 06:30 PM |#34  

More
Im on my 3rd day with no charge (charged sunday night, unplugged monday 8:00am)...still 40% battery - wed 9:30am.
The Following User Says Thank You to az-dave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift az-dave Ad-Free
29th April 2014, 06:48 PM |#35  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag SLC
Thanks Meter: 8,973

Donate to Me
More
Not sure if this was mentioned, didn't read the whole thread.

AP_G900AUCU1ANCE_964333_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI _CERT.tar.md5

Unless you have the ability to sign your modified odin files, and the samsung cert, you won't be flashing them.
The Following User Says Thank You to designgears For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift designgears Ad-Free
29th April 2014, 11:20 PM |#36  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Yes I confirm. The flash is a no go.

Anything without the authenticated signatures will not flash using Odin or in recovery mode.

Why? Bootloaders are not only locked; they are encrypted as well.

Did that stop me from trying? No

What happened when I tried it?
- It produced an error message in red on the download page. Odin became unresponsive/connection lost.
- Press and hold power to turn off the phone, then pull the USB cable.
- phone is ok, Knox counter was not advanced (still at 0x0).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app
30th April 2014, 01:00 AM |#37  

More
Has anyone tried connecting a rooted S3 or non ATT/VZN S5 to an ATT or VZN S5 and tried tunneling into the non-rooted phone file system thru the USB cable?

In other words get (or make) a special cable that will connect 2 phones together. Boot em both up, open terminal and SU on the rooted phone (so now you have full access to rooted phones file system) - and then try to see if there is a way to view the non-rooted phones files?
30th April 2014, 09:43 PM |#38  

More
Messing with S5 and Ubuntu now. Have some ways to mount via MTP but its buggy. saw the system directory one time, now gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by az-dave

Has anyone tried connecting a rooted S3 or non ATT/VZN S5 to an ATT or VZN S5 and tried tunneling into the non-rooted phone file system thru the USB cable?

In other words get (or make) a special cable that will connect 2 phones together. Boot em both up, open terminal and SU on the rooted phone (so now you have full access to rooted phones file system) - and then try to see if there is a way to view the non-rooted phones files?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to az-dave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift az-dave Ad-Free
4th May 2014, 08:50 AM |#39  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 7

More
That is awesome. I can't wait to see this finished. Seems you found a way to root it. Are you going to make it so that a "noob" like me can do it?
5th May 2014, 07:00 AM |#40  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kael ruch

That is awesome. I can't wait to see this finished. Seems you found a way to root it. Are you going to make it so that a "noob" like me can do it?

He needs to be able to write to the system directory in order for it to be rooted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
5th May 2014, 07:26 AM |#41  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Try it! if it works youll be the man!
Just be aware of the issues.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)