[KERNEL] CM11 Cmvienneau Kernel Overclocked to 1728mhz

Search This thread

cmvienneau

Apr 29, 2011
washburn
drive.google.com
how is the progress going so far for the sense version kernel?

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

This looks like a pretty cool mod also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5QOxj0_Ky8 having buttons blinking when you receive a notification.

I've been piecing my computer together. Compiling takes quite a bit of power. Hopefully soon I get back on the project.

Sent from my One Mini using Tapatalk

cmvienneau

Apr 29, 2011
washburn
drive.google.com
If y'all could donate even a dollar it'd really help me out. Get the PC running like a champ. Recently Had a work accident and I can't walk until I receive the required surgery that I can't afford at the moment. So development is basically all I can do.lol keep throwin ideas at me n I'll try my best to get it built.

Czechnolog

Apr 29, 2012
@cmvienneau - thanks for this great kernel!!!
I have a question - did you also experience this?

a) When I use CM11 + this kernel and have Google Maps on, the phone is constantly discharging even if it is connected to my car charger. (app. minus 5 % in 30 minutes)

b) When I do the same, but I am on any SENSE-based ROM, the phone is charging. (app. plus 7% in 30 minutes.)

Do you have any ideas?

Czechnolog

Apr 29, 2012
Thanks.

It is really strange - any SENSE-based ROM is charging really fast, but AOSP ROMs not.

Is there any workaround?

LQi

Apr 16, 2013
Buying prepaid creditcard tomorrow just to donate to you, hope you get better soon!:good:

cmvienneau

Apr 29, 2011
washburn
drive.google.com
Buying prepaid creditcard tomorrow just to donate to you, hope you get better soon!:good:

Any help is very much appreciated. Its been rough to say the least.haha My PC skills have improved over the past few months anyways. I'm a welder/auto technician but taught myself how to do this sort of thing when I got injured. My hands and feet are how I make a living. I'm sure you've seen the issues in the USA. I was denied workman's comp and unemployment and left with nothing. I've been working since I was 11. Luckily I'm young yet and hopefully recover soon. Its very painful but ima stubborn fella.:) I've never been in a situation like this. So I figured I would ask you guys. I don't take anything for free so I will continue to contribute to the community. Again thank you.

LQi

Apr 16, 2013
We dont have a lot of developers for this device, so we have to take care of the ones we have

AnGrY sCoTsMaN

Nov 17, 2011
Fife
hey bro, i was wanting to make your kernel into a flashable zip that i could flash in recovery (for my own use obviously) i have a blank flashable zip template that i can move the boot.img to, but I'm not sure about the system/libs/modules... (its meant to be fairly easy to do but Im just not getting it) any chance you could help?
cheers

cmvienneau

Apr 29, 2011
washburn
drive.google.com
hey bro, i was wanting to make your kernel into a flashable zip that i could flash in recovery (for my own use obviously) i have a blank flashable zip template that i can move the boot.img to, but I'm not sure about the system/libs/modules... (its meant to be fairly easy to do but Im just not getting it) any chance you could help?
cheers

You dont need modules with my kernel. Everything is built in.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Reactions: AnGrY sCoTsMaN

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cmvienneau kernel

I/O SCHEDULERS
    ROW
    VR
    FIOPS
    BFQ
    SIO

CPU GOVS
    BADASS
    LIONHEART
    SMARTMAX
    SMARTASS2
    INTELLIDEMAND
    ONDEMANDPLUS
    WHEATLY
    LAGFREE

OTHER FEATURES
    S2W & DT2W
    CPU OC 1728MHZ
    GPU OC 500MHZ
    GOOGLE SNAPPY
    ZRAM

NOTE: USE TRICKSTER MOD APP TO TURN ZRAM ON/OFF I WOULD RECOMMEND TURNING IT ON.

this one is good for both partition layouts

source https://github.com/cmvienneau/android_kernel_htc_msm8960.git
    can someone tell me on which kernel this is based - respectively how "old" is the kernel-base?

there have been massive problems with dying M4s (battery-problems). this should be fixed with the latest CM11-kernel.

I also lost my phone due to this problem and don't want to flash an old kernel anymore.

any recommendations regarding scheduler/gov for good battery life?

cant answer you first question bud,sorry

I've jumped to PAC...more features, no overheating etc. i do delete (slim it further) some stuff before i flash tho

get great battery life with the following but as you know its dependent on usage, this is what i had:-
    CPU- ONDEMAND * MIN CPU 384MHz * MAX CPU about 1240 MHz (or lower but try at this for a day or two) * NOOP .
    Thanks man. And also do you know how people make a kernel that allows the htc button to work for the htc one? It would be so great to have a menu button working as the htc button or use it for other stuff.

Yeah I'll incorporate that as well. Good idea.haha.

been working all night on this thing I got faux sound control squeezed in and im almost finished with logo2menu. oofda
    How do you get the source? Is it from htcdev.com? If it is, they updated it to 4.4.2 already.

Yup I already pulled it a couple days ago. Working on a kernel already. Haha