G900PVPU1AND2 update anyone?

Search This thread

dk2463

Apr 24, 2014
strange

I just downloaded again and the file is exactly the same. It doesn't seem to open with root explorer. Not near a computer right now to try using other software to check the file. This is the update file from sprint.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

hmm, I can't open it with WINRAR or anything nor can I transfer it to my phone. an error comes up saying the file is too big when it's only 41MB.

roadrunnrr

Go back to total stock... Factory recovery > wipe cache and wipe date > download mode doing the first firmware I have in my Google drive I'll link it here shortly

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5vYQ4eyecYocG9ISWx6dHVvTjA/preview

I followed those steps and was able to update without a problem. After that you can root.... Or not depending on what you like to do.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: vinman12

miked63017

Jan 30, 2011
St Louis
Out of curiousity, was it actually named update.zip when you pulled it from the phone? I'm thinking there is some validation in stock recovery for filename , timestamp, or other metadata and that's why its not directly flashable. But we can make a flashable file out of it :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: elevans

elevans

Mar 15, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
Out of curiousity, was it actually named update.zip when you pulled it from the phone? I'm thinking there is some validation in stock recovery for filename , timestamp, or other metadata and that's why its not directly flashable. But we can make a flashable file out of it :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using xda app-developers app

Yes. I did not alter the file or name. It was uploaded exactly as I found it in the cache folder. It was in the folder /cache/fota/. There is also a file in that folder named fota.status, which contains 4 bytes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dk2463

Apr 24, 2014
Yes. I did not alter the file or name. It was uploaded exactly as I found it in the cache folder. It was in the folder /cache/fota/. There is also a file in that folder named fota.status, which contains 4 bytes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

hmmmm...I wonder how all those other S4 updates got made so we could all use it as an update copied into the SD Card.

vinman12

Dec 28, 2011
All good now. Odin to stock,
Phone rebooted, and I was able to downlod ota and install. And of course reroot no problems.
Ty for reply.

I

Iceburn1

update method!

Use Wanam xposed to change device from custom to official, then reboot phone, go to system update, check update download update, then use mobile odin to flash rooted?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tried to use the camera today while talking on the phone and it didn't let me, glad that's on that update I haven't gotten it though, just checked too.

Wow that's awesome news bc on the S4 you have to be rooted and modded to use camera on a call... awesome!
    I never understood why they didn't allow it in the first place

Before, I had to be rooted and edit csc files

How do you show how long you were in a call for? Idk why they don't show that by default either lol -__-

Sounds like you can do a lot of stuff with this file. Care to share a thread on it or something?! :D

ehh..too lazy for a thread in the sprint subsection....lol

but here are the steps to enable call duration and this general format of steps works for everything in the csc file....just remember to create a backup incase you goof-up

1. Go to /system/csc/feature.xml in Root Explorer
    2. Mount from RO to RW
    3. Long press and Open in Text Editor
    4. Make edits from false to true or whatever for:
    -CscFeature_Contact_DisableCallDuration (in this case, change disable to enable)
    5. Exit and save
    6. Mount from RW to RO and exit Root explorer
    7. Restart phone and verify

as you can see, all these stupid options are turned off by simple code.....i dont know why in the world they would not allow you to see how long your call was in call history on a "SMART" phone!!

still boggles my mind at the stupid crap we have to do to make this a normal phone on samsung...which is why they are kind of pissing me off..
    So has anyone else besides this one guy gotten this update yet lol??
    so what would be the proper procedure push this update?
    ty

Odin to stock
    Ensure Official is indicated in download mode
    Place update.zip alone on SD card
    Boot into stock recovery
    Select Install update from external sdcard
    enjoy

Send from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5