A2DP Bluetooth Issues

Search This thread

JT114881

Feb 23, 2011
Milpitas
I have a Bluetooth headset that supports A2DP and Phone audio (Sena SMH10R). Phone/Call audio works and always works. A2DP audio works with music and other 'continuous' streams. The problem happens when I use Google Nav or other software like this that push audio over A2DP every now and then. When I pair the headset to the phone and start Google Nav, it will work for the first few turns, then it will stop working. I am unable to get this working again unless I: reboot the phone, toggle the "Media Audio" option in Bluetooth, or toggle Bluetooth on and off.

During the state of A2DP being broken (before I fix it with one of the three methods above) phone/call audio to the headset still works. However during this time, no A2DP audio works (music, navigation, notifications).

The only workaround to have navigation is to play music in the background, then launch Google Nav. Google Nav will interrupt the music every time it needs to provide me with directions, however this is less than ideal as I don't always want to listen to music.

I originally thought this might be a TTS issue, so I tried different TTS software (Ivona for example) however this did not fix the issue. Using a different Navigation software like Waze also did not fix the issue.

I have 2 HTC one M8's and I have tested both with stock unmodified (Sense 6) as well as the fully converted GPE. I have also tested this with two of the same headsets. Headsets have latest firmware, but I tested with previous versions as well.

Any ideas what I can do to get this working correctly without having to stream music?

Thanks guys!

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
Blank audio track on repeat?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
That would work but I was hoping for more of a fix rather than a workaround.

I was browsing and found someone had a similar problem as you. Try "a2dp volume" on play store. After reading description it sounds like it might work for you.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app