The Galaxy S5 Experience ROM v1.5 - Jtrain88

Search This thread

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
Is this rom nice and smooth.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

shoaibar

Well in the OP it doesn't say anything which stuff is working or not. I know it says that this is not ROM made by OP but he's trying from AT&T forum. So i thank him for that. But if it is mentioned that what is working and what is not in the OP then it would be better.

Anyhow i came to know that camera is still not working and also no Wifi Calling to my knowledge.

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
I want to try out this rom but I don't have wifi connection at home and I'm on tmobile so I'm unable to get this rom going any ideas. Thanks

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
Does this rom have the original Gs5 camera. Thanks

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
What is the N icon stand for on top of the screen by the 3G icon? And is there's a mod to change the H+ icon to 4G? And what clock widget is everyone using for the home screen. Thanks In advance!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

When I try to turn on wifi hotspot it says mobile data is not available or invalid sim.Is there a fix for this problem? Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Mi wifi worked fine

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Can you turn on the wifi hotspot?

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
Any tmobile user have the hotspot working?

sent from my samsung-sm-N900T using xda premium app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All credit goes to the developer of this ROM. I take no credit but for running into it and trying it out.

Orignal Post:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2714601

----------------------------------------------------------------------------BEGIN MODERATOR EDIT..

Before posting threads in the Development Section, please read the Rules for Posting in the Development Section (they are included in every forum for every device on xda).

Rom discussion can continue in the designated rom thread to which this resolves.

Thread Closed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------END MODERATOR EDIT.

Awesome S5 experience ROM! Made for AT&T but works great on T-Mobile. I've had no crucial/major FCs, crashes, reboots or issues with data or MMS/SMS or anything else.

Step 1:
    New update from Jtrain88
    https://mega.co.nz/#!v5An0bwT!wSCnoogvX9EVrzx02gh-q71HpTU3A_bpQ-6CTK0FaGk

Step 2: Flash with Philz Touch CWM (I had to disable "Do not install out of date binary" verification)

Step 3: Once booted, Enter a new APN for T-Mobile:
    http://apn-settings.com/t-mobile-apn-settings-step-by-step-configuration/

Step 4: Enjoy

Bugs?:
    Please post on Actual developers ROM page. Link is posted above.

If you find a bug and a fix please let me know so I can post on OP.

*** I did not flash any T-Mobile radio/kernel after I installed this. Everything is running as should.

*** Be sure to thank Developer Jtrain88.

Modems for N3 T-Mobile/AT&T
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2698464

How to get 4GLTE instead of H+ on notification bar.
    - Makavelicruz

Open build.prop, you can find it under the phone's System folder using root explorer. Open it in text editor and change to read-write permissions, and look for the lines where it says:

ro.product.model=
    ro.product.name= <----------------after the equal signs you'll see settings for AT&T, make sure you write these down before making the changes
    ro.product.device=

to get the 4g LTE icon it should say:

ro.product.model=SM-900T
    ro.product.name=kltetmo
    ro.product.device=hltetmo

Safe changes and reboot

After it reboots, you should see the icon, but see if your dialer opens up without a problem, if it force closes, then you need to change back to whatever it said before.
    To those asking about battery life, this Rom was just posted 15hrs. ago..... that's nowhere near enough time to fully test that.....

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    4 Lastly my Showbox app does not work, that app is my life so if you can fix and add all the features this ROM would be phenomenon !.. Sorry for asking too much:D

I found a way to fix Showbox. The hosts file in the rom is set to block ads. Showbox detects this and crashes. You have to reset it. Best way is to install F-droid and locate/install AdAway. Perform the installation and reboot. Delete show box then disable the AdAway (this restores the host file)and Reboot. Reinstall Showbox and it will work.
    Hi guys great job on the rom just for your info on the tmobile gs 4 thread there's a gs 5 Tmobile fully functional rom including wifi Calling and tethering Now My question is there a way that it could be ported to the N 3 thread Since is already TMO there will be less bugs to Fix

im actually flashing an Actual gs5 rom right noiw just to test it out..it boots fine but still going to need a lot of rom..this rom is my main priority but im going to look into that

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Hi guys great job on the rom just for your info on the tmobile gs 4 thread there's a gs 5 Tmobile fully functional rom including wifi Calling and tethering Now My question is there a way that it could be ported to the N 3 thread Since is already TMO there will be less bugs to Fix

Glad you guys like it lol I had to share the pot of gold I found lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hey buddy all is well but i would appreciate if next time you asked me first.
    But hey thanks for the support and hope yall enjoy...lots more to come
    Where do I find the buildrop? The dialer is the same white one as kitkat.

I'm sorry, I misspelled it, is the build.prop, you can find it under the phone's System folder using root explorer. Open it in text editor and change to read-write permissions, and look for the lines where it says:

ro.product.model=
    ro.product.name= <----------------after the equal signs you'll see settings for AT&T, make sure you write these down before making the changes
    ro.product.device=

to get the 4g LTE icon it should say:

ro.product.model=SM-900T
    ro.product.name=kltetmo
    ro.product.device=hltetmo

Safe changes and reboot

After it reboots, you should see the icon, but see if your dialer opens up without a problem, if it force closes, then you need to change back to whatever it said before.