Verizon 4.4.2 Kitkat New Features and Bugs

Search This thread

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Battery life seems to be better for most people on 4.4. Perhaps you have an app that isn't compatible with 4.4 and draining your battery. Are you using stock 4.4 or some custom recovery?

sent from my Verizon G2

AndroJak

Jan 1, 2011
LG V50 ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
Stock. Having lived with a GNex for a good while I am all over the battery diag tools, nothing obvious. Android System, Kernel, System usually the top consumers.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

radioguinea

May 26, 2010
I have done a number of factory resets. Even went back to 11a tot file and did all the ota updates. Even after root and greenifying my usual apps my battery life def drains more than it did on 4.2.2. It really is noticeable. Very annoying. With absolute same usage when I got home with 4.2.2 I would have 55 to 65% left. Now the best I can pull is 35 to 40%. Really annoyed. Anyone else?

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

1heffer

Mar 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
For me I have about 20% less battery life on 4.4 which is pretty disappointing, also had one lockup yesterday that I never had on 4.2. On the good side, tap and pay works with google wallet. I will ride this for a couple weeks before I consider any changes.

I figured this out today, don't know if it's been posted yet or not but if you disable "scanning always available" in advanced WiFi setting battery will improve.
8y2enude.jpg

You can see that I disabled it shortly after charging at lunch.

1heffer

Mar 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
No problem. Actually, I was getting ready to flash back to 12b because of the battery on this Rom. I've been trying to figure out why WiFi always showed up when off for days. That along with a ril wakelock that appeared to have something to do with WiFi. This looks promising.

nicklance9999

Apr 11, 2014
I'm not sure how many people use hangout but back on 4.2 it showed the android emoji, whereas in 4.4 it shows LG's variants. They aren't bad but I much prefer the android's!

Does anyone know how to switch back to them?

AndroJak

Jan 1, 2011
LG V50 ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
I figured this out today, don't know if it's been posted yet or not but if you disable "scanning always available" in advanced WiFi setting battery will improve.
You can see that I disabled it shortly after charging at lunch.

Thanks - mine was already disabled.. Odd that battery life is impacted - must not be hitting everyone or there would be more posts about it one would think..

mrgoodpaul

Jan 11, 2013
Nashville, TN
I have done a number of factory resets. Even went back to 11a tot file and did all the ota updates. Even after root and greenifying my usual apps my battery life def drains more than it did on 4.2.2. It really is noticeable. Very annoying. With absolute same usage when I got home with 4.2.2 I would have 55 to 65% left. Now the best I can pull is 35 to 40%. Really annoyed. Anyone else?

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Don't do a factory reset. Go into the LG mobile support software on your computer and under options click update recovery. It doesn't format your phone it basically just reinstalls the Ota over the one already installed.
I had the same terrible battery life situation and I tried formating it to stock and it didn't help but what did was the above. Now I have a hard time being below 60% on a heavy day of use.
The other day I let my phone go through the entire battery and it got 5.5 hours of screen on time and over 45 hours of just straight up battery life. It's ridiculous

Reactions: AndroJak

AndroJak

Jan 1, 2011
LG V50 ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
Don't do a factory reset. Go into the LG mobile support software on your computer and under options click update recovery. It doesn't format your phone it basically just reinstalls the Ota over the one already installed.
I had the same terrible battery life situation and I tried formating it to stock and it didn't help but what did was the above. Now I have a hard time being below 60% on a heavy day of use.
The other day I let my phone go through the entire battery and it got 5.5 hours of screen on time and over 45 hours of just straight up battery life. It's ridiculous

Thanks for the suggestion, gave it a shot, update complete and charging now, will post back results.

AndroJak

Jan 1, 2011
LG V50 ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
Happy to say that the mobile support software re-update corrected my poor battery life. A big thanks mrgoodpaul, I was about to go back to 4.2.2!

1heffer

Mar 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
Okay, so the biggest drain on my battery was in fact due to an app. TheChive app was constantly running in the background if not manually killed. I now get close to the same battery life that I had on 12b.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Isis does not work with root.

I refuse on principle to use Isis, after what was done to Google Wallet.
    Swiftkey/gapps crash

BTW, for those of you using Swiftkey and getting the gapps crash at boot, the new beta aims to solve the issue. Did for me...give it a go.

http://www.swiftkey.net/en/blog/new-update-for-swiftkey-emoji-beta/
    NilsP-sweet! I'm pretty sure I still have a copy of that Rom on the sd. Probably right next to a wildstang Rom.
    That og Inc is a rock solid device man. You can't kill it.

those were the days... times were simpler back then. lol

The only problem I'm having so far is with Verizon's Visual Voicemail. When I launch it I am told that my Voice Mail service needs to be updated. The updater spins for a brief time, then I get a message saying that "Customers on government or corporate accounts are not authorized to complete this transaction." I AM on a corporate account, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do to fix it.

Any chance that the app included with this build isn't compatible and when the OTA finally gets pushed the issue will be resolved?

Jason

This may be a issue with the account setup... since Verizon now offers VVM in two flavors. Basic and premium. Basic is now free. Whoever manages your plan needs to go in and remove the current Visual Voicemail feature and then add either the basic or premium feature.

Just went through this on my phone.
    A couple of things I noticed off of the bat is that Knock On works every time after two taps. Isis does not work with root. There are a couple of games in this build: Andrio, deBlob, and a few extra apps that I can't remember right now (trying to keep root during this flash!). Overall it seems way smoother, but with few visual changes as expected. I'll report more findings later.

Try the new xposed and root cloak with isis

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app