Quick question about the Google play edition Rom....

Search This thread

TyWadd

Jan 9, 2013
Hey, I have the Verizon m8 with the Google play rom running. I have heard that running this rom allows you to get the os updates from Google just as fast as the nexus... is this true?
Thanks

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Hey, I have the Verizon m8 with the Google play rom running. I have heard that running this rom allows you to get the os updates from Google just as fast as the nexus... is this true?
Thanks

Give or take a few days, yes - so long as you've done the complete RUU conversion. If you've just flashed a custom GPe ROM then no

Reactions: TyWadd

TyWadd

Jan 9, 2013
Sorry, I'm kind of a noob at this... what exactly is the ruu and stock recovery?

Last edited:

mbamberg

Read, read, read !!!

Sorry, I'm kind of a noob at this... what exactly is the ruu and stock recovery?

If you're not sure what all that means, then you need to read a LOT more before trying anything on your phone. I've been lurking and reading on XDA for over 4 years and the most common problems occur when a new owner jumps in before truly studying the available information.

Go to the general Android forum and read all about the OS and the "strange" words you see in the posts.

Come back to the M8 forum and read until you really understand the difference between RUU, ROMs, Recovery, fastboot, ADB and all the other nuances of the M8.

If you don't know how to do it without a "kit" then I don't suggest you use a kit. It's a convenience but should not be the only process you know how to use.

Time to Study!

TyWadd

Jan 9, 2013
If you're not sure what all that means, then you need to read a LOT more before trying anything on your phone. I've been lurking and reading on XDA for over 4 years and the most common problems occur when a new owner jumps in before truly studying the available information.

Go to the general Android forum and read all about the OS and the "strange" words you see in the posts.

Come back to the M8 forum and read until you really understand the difference between RUU, ROMs, Recovery, fastboot, ADB and all the other nuances of the M8.

If you don't know how to do it without a "kit" then I don't suggest you use a kit. It's a convenience but should not be the only process you know how to use.

Time to Study!

I definitely will start reading more! Where does one find this kit? And is that all that I have left to do to get the updates? Flash the stock recovery, and the RUU?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks

Give or take a few days, yes - so long as you've done the complete RUU conversion. If you've just flashed a custom GPe ROM then no
    and have the stock recovery installed