[FIX] In-call microphone volume for E980 custom ROMs

Search This thread
Here is a fix for the in-call microphone issue (when making phone calls, the recipients can barely hear the user's voice) myself and many other E980 users have been experiencing with many custom ROMs. This has been tested and works on 4.3.x and 4.4.x ROMs.

THIS IS NOT THE T-MOBILE AUDIO FIX!!

You need to first download a builp.prop editor app. This one works great: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.apps.build.prop.editor

Open the app and change the values of these lines:
persist.audio.handset.mic.type=digital --> replace digital with analog
persist.audio.dualmic.config=endfire -- replace endfire with false

That's it! Reboot and enjoy! This does not fix the speakerphone echo issue, but I'm pretty sure the solution is editing the build.prop in another spot.

Here is the original thread

Nov 4, 2013
Don't forget you must change these options again if you update your nightly (or swap ROMS), hopefully this will be incorporated into the new builds soon.

Original fix suggestion by JustinNL at XDA

Reactions: worldextermination
Don't forget you must change these options again if you update your nightly (or swap ROMS), hopefully this will be incorporated into the new builds soon.

Original fix suggestion by JustinNL at XDA

Thanks for giving credit to the fellow who's idea this originally was. If I had known, I would've given him credit in my original post!

tamcdonald

Feb 17, 2011
This worked for me too. Thanks!

Sent from my Optimus G Pro using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC
I'm running the latest BS build, and it works perfectly for me. Do a clean flash and try again
Lol a clean flash ant going to change anything buddy.Lol all it is is a little mod with the build prop that didn't work with my e980 on the latest beanstalk .........same for guy who posted after me .....explain what a clean flash would do lol

....but you know what I'll give it another clean flash and see if it changes anything tomorrow.

2SHAYNEZ

Lol a clean flash ant going to change anything buddy.Lol all it is is a little mod with the build prop that didn't work with my e980 on the latest beanstalk .........same for guy who posted after me .....explain what a clean flash would do lol

....but you know what I'll give it another clean flash and see if it changes anything tomorrow.

2SHAYNEZ

You'd be surprised at what a clean flash can fix

agsalman

May 6, 2011
Antalya
Here is a fix for the in-call microphone issue (when making phone calls, the recipients can barely hear the user's voice) myself and many other E980 users have been experiencing with many custom ROMs. This has been tested and works on 4.3.x and 4.4.x ROMs.

THIS IS NOT THE T-MOBILE AUDIO FIX!!

You need to first download a builp.prop editor app. This one works great: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.apps.build.prop.editor

Open the app and change the values of these lines:
persist.audio.handset.mic.type=digital --> replace digital with analog
persist.audio.dualmic.config=endfire -- replace endfire with false

That's it! Reboot and enjoy! This does not fix the speakerphone echo issue, but I'm pretty sure the solution is editing the build.prop in another spot.

Here is the original thread

thanks for tip
are you have any solution for speaker phone?

Nov 4, 2013
I've noticed the last few CM Nightlies, I haven't had to change the build.prop...

Seems to be updated fix in the CM builds since about May 8th or so. (May not be the case on custom ROMs yet).

ourangashane

May 22, 2014
Dallas, TX
solved for me..

ive had this problem with just about every custom rom in the last couple months... i even went back to older versions that WERE working fine, but they had this problem now for some reason as well. The only thing that worked was flashing back to stock.

Right now however, i have noticed that the latest CM nightlies have made the problem a little better, and the latest AICP nightlies have eliminated it, for me at least. Im currently on the 7/20 build of AICP 5.0 and it runs like a dream. No build.prop, all i did was flash madmacks modem..

Top Liked Posts