Question about screen protectors for Z2

Search This thread

Lolento

Jul 31, 2007
It seems like everyone is moving to the glass type screen protectors.

I have not use these before, are they much harder to apply (dust free) than the old PET type? In the PET type, I could peel it off and use a small piece of tape to remove remnant dust.

I'm just afraid that I won't do a good job applying the glass.

feis

Dec 30, 2008
They are better, and much easier to apply atleast for me. I ordered nillkin 9h, very good stuff, recomended, front one is glass, back is the usual plastic like. Applied front in like 5seconds pretty much perfectly, and back was pain in the ass, had to remove few times and put it back again because of bubbles. In short, they are good and easy to apply

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Lolento

napkun

Sep 7, 2012

I have not use these before, are they much harder to apply (dust free) than the old PET type? In the PET type, I could peel it off and use a small piece of tape to remove remnant dust.

I just installed my first tempered glass screen protector ever on my Z2. I have to say that it is a lot easier applying than the regular PET ones. I bought one from Mobile Pioneer for 10$ on Amazon and it's fantastic. During the installation there was some lint trapped in between the screen protector and the actual glass, I was able to remove it, and used the adhesive dust remover to remove the lint and reapply the screen protector just fine. It's really easy to install as well, I just set the screen protector on the phone and was able to adjust it's position by moving around. Then you just press firmly onto the middle and make your way to the edges to apply it down. Also the feel of it is just fantastic, PET screen protectors can not compare at all. Go with tempered glass, you won't regret it :D.

Also one thing, if you have the magnetic dock, it's gonna be a tight fit. I had to switch out the cradle thingy with the secondary one included with the retail dock.

Reactions: deezid and Lolento

Dreadk

Nov 29, 2012
Does the tempered glass add that much sickness to the phone?
I bought one but I hesitate to use it as I'm quite satisfied with my already installed PET screen protector.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I just installed my first tempered glass screen protector ever on my Z2. I have to say that it is a lot easier applying than the regular PET ones. I bought one from Mobile Pioneer for 10$ on Amazon and it's fantastic. During the installation there was some lint trapped in between the screen protector and the actual glass, I was able to remove it, and used the adhesive dust remover to remove the lint and reapply the screen protector just fine. It's really easy to install as well, I just set the screen protector on the phone and was able to adjust it's position by moving around. Then you just press firmly onto the middle and make your way to the edges to apply it down. Also the feel of it is just fantastic, PET screen protectors can not compare at all. Go with tempered glass, you won't regret it :D.

Also one thing, if you have the magnetic dock, it's gonna be a tight fit. I had to switch out the cradle thingy with the secondary one included with the retail dock.
    They are better, and much easier to apply atleast for me. I ordered nillkin 9h, very good stuff, recomended, front one is glass, back is the usual plastic like. Applied front in like 5seconds pretty much perfectly, and back was pain in the ass, had to remove few times and put it back again because of bubbles. In short, they are good and easy to apply

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2