[Q] Developer Edition on T-Mobile

Search This thread

subhumanderelict

Dec 3, 2007
Chicago, Il
Is anyone using the Developer edition on TMobile?.. does it give full coverage on 3G and 4G/LTE?

It can't give full coverage, and it might be a shoddy experience for a while, depending on where you live.

For 3G, it can only connect to T-Mobile's 1900 MHz band for 21 Mbps HSPA. This should still cover most areas, but T-Mobile's AWS band is more widespread and is capable of 42 Mbps.

For 4G, it can only connect to T-Mobile's 700 and 1900 MHz bands which just started rolling out and will take a while to complete. T-Mobile's main nationwide LTE band is on AWS, which the Dev edition also doesn't have an antenna for on LTE.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Reactions: kiwiandy

kiwiandy

Mar 29, 2008
Christchurch
It can't give full coverage, and it might be a shoddy experience for a while, depending on where you live.

For 3G, it can only connect to T-Mobile's 1900 MHz band for 21 Mbps HSPA. This should still cover most areas, but T-Mobile's AWS band is more widespread and is capable of 42 Mbps.

For 4G, it can only connect to T-Mobile's 700 and 1900 MHz bands which just started rolling out and will take a while to complete. T-Mobile's main nationwide LTE band is on AWS, which the Dev edition also doesn't have an antenna for on LTE.

So if it doesn't have an antenna then its a hardware issue and cannot get coverage by flashing a TMo radio image?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is anyone using the Developer edition on TMobile?.. does it give full coverage on 3G and 4G/LTE?