Mime Feather+ for S5

Search This thread

Pure+

May 28, 2013
I contacted Mime USA the other day regarding their Feather+ screen protector and if they would be making one for the S5 and I received the following response.

"Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us! We are currently gauging demand for a Feather+ for the Galaxy S5. If we receive enough requests, we will definitely make it happen :)

Best,
MIME"

So if everyone interested in seeing this product come to life would head over to mimeusa.com and send them a email asking for the protector we might just see it happen.

Thanks guys!!!

evilhunter101

Sep 13, 2010
All of West Texas
I contacted Mime USA the other day regarding their Feather+ screen protector and if they would be making one for the S5 and I received the following response.

"Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us! We are currently gauging demand for a Feather+ for the Galaxy S5. If we receive enough requests, we will definitely make it happen :)

Best,
MIME"

So if everyone interested in seeing this product come to life would head over to mimeusa.com and send them a email asking for the protector we might just see it happen.

Thanks guys!!!

Honest question: What's the difference between Feather and Feather+? Just the rounded edges?

I'm not one for glass screen protectors, but I'll send them an email to help you out.

Pure+

May 28, 2013
Honest question: What's the difference between Feather and Feather+? Just the rounded edges?

I'm not one for glass screen protectors, but I'll send them an email to help you out.

Yeah, thats basically the only difference. But it makes a big difference in how long it will last. The regular Feather has a tendency to chip on the edges easily if your not overprotective with it and the Feather+ basically just eliminates that from happening. Thanks for the help man.:good:

Mr. bird

Mar 29, 2012
I have the feather glass and I am very happy with it. I had it on my S4 and never had a problem with the edges. I also had it in a case all the time. This glass on the S5 sits flush with the home button as well as the bezel around the phone. I don't think you would have a problem with the edges without a case. It's so thin! Thinner than the feather on the S4.

perovero

Dec 8, 2013
I have the feather glass and I am very happy with it. I had it on my S4 and never had a problem with the edges. I also had it in a case all the time. This glass on the S5 sits flush with the home button as well as the bezel around the phone. I don't think you would have a problem with the edges without a case. It's so thin! Thinner than the feather on the S4.

Are the sensors working properly? Air view etc

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mr. bird

Mar 29, 2012
Everything is fine. I don't use air view but the front camera and light sensor work like they are supposed to

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jkDave

Nov 1, 2013
I made a album of what the feather glass looks like on the S5 after proper installation. Because of the raised edge on the S5 you have to be pretty exact but don't freak out if you mess up, you can lift it off VERY CAREFULLY with plain floss and try again.
https://imgur.com/a/Boizt

Reactions: Biomusic

jkDave

Nov 1, 2013
No, I think that's an awesome idea, I've never heard of it. Does it work well?

Lol, sorry I jumped on the defense there.

Yea it worked well for me, I had to redo mine 5 times because I didn't clear the dust off well enough which was causing bubbles and because of the raised lip you have to align the glass perfectly. I used floss to peel it off and just went very carefully only lifting with the floss and was able to redo it several times. I did this before on my old phone and broke the glass because I tried lifting with my finger.

risestar2

Jul 31, 2011
I have the feather glass on my S5, everything works and looks great and it even fits with the otterbox cases.

Lol, sorry I jumped on the defense there.

Yea it worked well for me, I had to redo mine 5 times because I didn't clear the dust off well enough which was causing bubbles and because of the raised lip you have to align the glass perfectly. I used floss to peel it off and just went very carefully only lifting with the floss and was able to redo it several times. I did this before on my old phone and broke the glass because I tried lifting with my finger.

Biomusic

Nov 19, 2012
Guys how is the fingerprint scanner? works yay nay? lol and also does it effect the phone when putting it in water? im liking your guys cases. and deciding to either the feather or ghost.. xD lol like the ghost but idk if fits my s5 with tech 21 case smoothly.

Mr. bird

Mar 29, 2012
Guys how is the fingerprint scanner? works yay nay? lol and also does it effect the phone when putting it in water? im liking your guys cases. and deciding to either the feather or ghost.. xD lol like the ghost but idk if fits my s5 with tech 21 case smoothly.

The feather glass sits flush with the home button so the scanner works just fine. The ghost glass is thicker so it might not work as well. I don't know what will happen with water. I would definitely wait a couple days to make sure it's totally adhered. It may loosen it up or it may not. I would assume it would be fine but I don't know for sure. Even though the phone is water resistant I don't plane on getting it wet on purpose.

jkDave

Nov 1, 2013

Like the last guy said, the ghost glass is significantly thicker when thinking in terms of nm & mm. I have the feather glass on mine and couldn't imagine having anything thicker as it sits flush with the home button as it is now. I've put mine completely underwater, no issues with the glass. As long as you dont have any bubbles around the edges it's air tight, waters not getting in. Take your time putting it on and make sure you clean every single tiny spec of dust. Glass protectors are pretty unforgiving if you mess up. I was able to redo mine several times lifting very delicately with floss however. The lips on the phone make it so if your off by even a nanometer you'll have a bubble.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just installed the Ghost Glass on my S5 yesterday and I am really impressed by the quality.
    I made a album of what the feather glass looks like on the S5 after proper installation. Because of the raised edge on the S5 you have to be pretty exact but don't freak out if you mess up, you can lift it off VERY CAREFULLY with plain floss and try again.
    https://imgur.com/a/Boizt