[Q] verizon galaxy note 3 mje update to kitkat and safestrap v3.72

Search This thread

shogun3340

Apr 3, 2014
My question is if I update my vzw note 3 on mje 4.3 to kitkat 4.4.2 I will have to use safestrap v3.72 and will have to run kitkat on the stock rom slot but what is I want to flash another rom like cryogenmod or something can I use rom slot 1 or do I use stock rom slot and if so if I save the stock rom under the restore in safestrap can I flash it back to the stock slot when I want to

Harleydroid

Jul 18, 2013
The Fort
My question is if I update my vzw note 3 on mje 4.3 to kitkat 4.4.2 I will have to use safestrap v3.72 and will have to run kitkat on the stock rom slot but what is I want to flash another rom like cryogenmod or something can I use rom slot 1 or do I use stock rom slot and if so if I save the stock rom under the restore in safestrap can I flash it back to the stock slot when I want to

When you flash the odex or deodexed 4.4.2 leak by Beanstown you will use JB Safestrap. Stable 3.65 is recommended. After you flash the rom and Odin the firmware by following the instructions here.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2726558

★ [ROM/ROOT][N900VVRUCNC2][4.4.2] Stock Root Odex/DeOdex [04/23/14]★

Once on 4.4.2 you will use Safestrap v3.72 for flashing roms.
Stock slot is the only thing available right now.
No rom slots can be used yet.
We are not able to flash AOSP roms with a locked bootloader unless you have a DevEd. @nitroglycerine33 is going to have a sweet 4.4.2 AOSP rom out soon but it's using the stock kernel so it's not full AOSP but it's gonna be the next best thing for our Note3.

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY

First, if you have the retail Note 3 you can't use CM11. The only ROM slot that we can use with SS 3.72 on KK is the stock slot for now. If you want to flash another ROM just make a backup in SS then flash the new ROM in the stock slot. If you want to go back to the previous ROM just make a new backup and restore your previous (first ROM) backup into the stock slot.

Reactions: shogun3340

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

First, if you have the retail Note 3 you can't use CM11. The only ROM slot that we can use with SS 3.72 on KK is the stock slot for now. If you want to flash another ROM just make a backup in SS then flash the new ROM in the stock slot. If you want to go back to the previous ROM just make a new backup and restore your previous (first ROM) backup into the stock slot.