Post Reply Email Thread
2nd May 2014, 11:45 AM |#171  
OP Senior Member
Flag Richmond, KY
Thanks Meter: 435

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imakulate

I've revisited this browser now that I have LG G2. Is there a way to add normal tabs on top?

Yeah. View, Tab Toolbar, Always Show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murok9042

Is there any solution to activate the adblocker. I couldn't find it yet.

Gesendet von meinem LG-D802 mit Tapatalk

hmm, not sure. I turned it off as it didn't seem to be working. Email the dev: he probably knows more about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris20

how to enable flash, can't find it. thanks...

Same answer as above.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ikjadoon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ikjadoon Ad-Free
2nd May 2014, 12:00 PM |#172  
Thanks Meter: 214

More
nice answer, we all mail the dev, so there is no need any more to use this forum...
2nd May 2014, 12:24 PM |#173  
OP Senior Member
Flag Richmond, KY
Thanks Meter: 435

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris20

nice answer, we all mail the dev, so there is no need any more to use this forum...

Haha, right. Are you being sarcastic?
Hmm, at the same time, I've been meaning to tell him about this thread....
2nd May 2014, 12:55 PM |#174  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
great browser, thanks!
2nd May 2014, 01:43 PM |#175  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
may be i should try it,currently using chrome
3rd May 2014, 10:37 AM |#176  
Thanks Meter: 310

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DependentShake

If you thought the Android app store (er, Play Store, sorry Apple) couldn’t find place for yet another browser alternative, Habit Browser would like to say you were wrong, and it’s got enough skill and panache to prove it to you.

Perhaps the most glaring feature of Habit Browser is that when you’re viewing a webpage, there is a complete lack of onscreen buttons. No menu button, no back button, no address bar, nothing at all. Inspired by gestures from Ubuntu Phone OS, all the controls are hidden away and can be brought up by swiping from the right edge of the screen to the center. Called Quick Menu, this is the default and only method of accessing these controls, and is pretty similar to Quick Controls found in the stock Android browser.

The quick menu includes all the necessary action shortcuts that you would expect – open address bar, back, forward, find in page, bookmarks, or switch to next or previous tab. Drag your finger to the bottom from the quick menu and you can access the menu options instead, which includes shortcuts to settings, translation, all the controls from the quick menu, as well as a quit button. Being hidden away from sight means you always get a full view of the webpage without any buttons or controls interfering.

Habit Browser is also quite fast as well. Webpages scroll smoothly and without hiccups no matter how fast you try to scroll, though there are a couple of times when it might become a bit jittery (but never a nuisance). Switching between quick menu and webpages, closing or opening tabs, it all runs along with nary a slowdown, which is impressive considering all the features and customization packed into the browser.

Speaking of customization, you’ll find plenty to customize in Habit – you can decide what happens when the volume keys are pressed, change behaviour of long pressing on various items while browsing, change the location of downloads (and automatically play music and videos after downloading), and even an inbuilt ad blocker. Changing user agent, enabling/disabling JavaScript and Flash, etc is all possible as well, which are the usual features you’ll find in any browser. Last but not the least, you can even set individual sites to run with a particular user agent (PC, Android, iPhone et al).

habit-browser-2
All in all, Habit Browser really is one of the most powerful browsers for Android out there, with regular updates and fixes thanks to a quick and responsive developer. The massive amount of features and fast performance make it a strong contender in a browser market filled with other great browsers such as Dolphin, and it is certainly one you should take for a spin.

Habit Browser can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.

lol what a weird post. Its written like a movie review.

I really really like habit browser but quick menu and gestures are the first thing I turn off when I install it. Not usable or helpful at all in my opinion.

Also, using it in KitKat is less than stellar. I understand its a webview issue with 3rd party browsers (could be wrong just googled) Reading forums after KK update is a horrible experience. No text reflow and weird inconsistent font sizing make it almost unusable.

Dolphin and UC browser fixed some of this by adding their own webview I think. Perhaps the dev can do the same with this, I hope so because its overall much better than those two.
3rd May 2014, 07:15 PM |#177  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Wonderful. Thank you.

Sent from my GT-I9500
4th May 2014, 07:36 AM |#178  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Will try this out over Dolphin.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
4th May 2014, 03:14 PM |#179  
Kleve
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Thanks, trying out now.
5th May 2014, 01:48 AM |#180  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Wow, I decided to try this browser. I have really liked Firefox, but I like this one better. This is the way I have always wanted a browser to look and function.
Thanks.

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app
5th May 2014, 07:34 PM |#181  
Account currently disabled
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 638

More
Nice that Tapatalk links!
Thanks for sharing!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)