[Q] Settings change by themselves

Search This thread

sachilleas

Aug 1, 2008
It started as a weird feeling. I thought that I had just forgotten that I had changed a setting or two. But now I am certain that the phone changes some settings by itself.
Knock on keeps turning off by itself . I did also enable led notifications a couple of hours ago only to find them turned off now , after I plugged in my device (I didn't see the red light when I locked the screen). I am completely stock . I haven't received the latest OTA update though. Do I need to see a shrink or something strange is going on with the phone's software ?

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
It started as a weird feeling. I thought that I had just forgotten that I had changed a setting or two. But now I am certain that the phone changes some settings by itself.
Knock on keeps turning off by itself . I did also enable led notifications a couple of hours ago only to find them turned off now , after I plugged in my device (I didn't see the red light when I locked the screen). I am completely stock . I haven't received the latest OTA update though. Do I need to see a shrink or something strange is going on with the phone's software ?

I suggest you get an exorcist for your phone immediately, anyways all joking aside did this just begin or has it been happening for a while now, have you installed any weird apps/modules(if rooted), as a last resort you can backup apps(via carbon if not rooted or titanium backup if you are rooted) and music/videos/pictures to your pc and factory resetting to see if the issue persist

Reactions: sachilleas

sachilleas

Aug 1, 2008
I suggest you get an exorcist for your phone immediately, anyways all joking aside did this just begin or has it been happening for a while now, have you installed any weird apps/modules(if rooted), as a last resort you can backup apps(via carbon if not rooted or titanium backup if you are rooted) and music/videos/pictures to your pc and factory resetting to see if the issue persist

Thank you once again for you answers. I have the phone 3-4 days as I wrote to you in the other thread ! It has been happening from day one. I am completely stock , no root , no nothing. I don't want to hard reset but it may be obligatory in this case.

dsa157

Jan 9, 2011
Yes, I have seen the LGG2 reset settings as well

I am so glad to see someone else posting about this. This happens to me so often and is so frustrating.
I see several different changes happening fairly frequently:

1. Date/time settings get changed (auto date time gets disabled, auto time zone gets disabled, use24 hour gets enabled, various combinations of these 3 settings change)
2. Knock on/off gets turned off

Less frequently:
1. Auto rotate turns off
2. Home Screen Background resets and/or theme changes
3. Allow Home screen looping gets disabled

I have Verizon LGG2, rooted,
Android 4.4.2
Baseband version: VS98024A-M8974A-AAAANAZM-2.0.20046
Kernel Version 3.4.0-perf-gdf89a11
Build Number: KOT491,VS98024A

have been unsuccessful updating to the latest OTA - figured it was because of root, after uninstalling root still had the error.
Not sure if that is related.

Both the reset issue and the lack of OTA update are annoying, but not so problematic that I want to reset my phone.

If anyone has seen this issue and/or has suggestions (including reset, I suppose), I'd appreciate it.

Thanks i n advance.

Dave

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.