FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] change live wallpaper with tasker

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By furious84, Member on 12th January 2014, 04:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
hi all,my question is:
is there a way to change live wallpaper using the app tasker?
for example have a live wallpaper for when i use n7 at home and one different for when i use in car.

3rd May 2014, 01:11 AM |#2  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by furious84

hi all,my question is:
is there a way to change live wallpaper using the app tasker?
for example have a live wallpaper for when i use n7 at home and one different for when i use in car.

I've found solution! :3

This command sets live wallpaper¹:
Code:
service call wallpaper 2 i32 1 s16 "[package name]" s16 "[class name]"
This command allows to get name of active live wallpaper:
Code:
service call wallpaper 4
And this command disables it:
Code:
service call wallpaper 5

More details here²:
  • android/app/IWallpaperManager.java
  • com/android/server/WallpaperManagerService.java

¹ Application must have SET_WALLPAPER_COMPONENT permission, and this permission available only for applications from /system/. So, in your case you need superuser privileges.

² There were links to source code, but xda doesn't allow me to post it. You can found it yourself — just search "grepcode [filename]" in google.

Sorry for my english.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4ufak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 4ufak Ad-Free
3rd May 2014, 01:25 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag spilimbergo (pn) italy

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ufak

I've found solution! :3

This command sets live wallpaper¹:

Code:
service call wallpaper 2 i32 1 s16 "[package name]" s16 "[class name]"
This command allows to get name of active live wallpaper:
Code:
service call wallpaper 4
And this command disables it:
Code:
service call wallpaper 5

More details here²:
  • android/app/IWallpaperManager.java
  • com/android/server/WallpaperManagerService.java

¹ Application must have SET_WALLPAPER_COMPONENT permission, and this permission available only for applications from /system/. So, in your case you need superuser privileges.

² There were links to source code, but xda doesn't allow me to post it. You can found it yourself — just search "grepcode [filename]" in google.

Sorry for my english.

Really Thank You very much, sincerelly i decided To use Car home ultra like home when n7 is plug in Car (then i didn t need wallpaper, But i will try.
Ps your English is better then mine. I m from italy, And you?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 utilizzando Tapatalk
3rd May 2014, 01:34 AM |#4  

More
Here's the script (.txt, because it is a very strange forum). Without arguments script disables live wallpapers, overwise sets livewallpaper - first arguments is package name, second is class name. For example:

Code:
/data/lwmgr.sh com.h6ah4i.android.music_visualizer2 com.h6ah4i.android.music_visualizer_wallpaper.MusicVisualizerWallpaperService
Don't forget to copy script into right place and set right permissions.

lwmgr.txt
The Following User Says Thank You to 4ufak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 4ufak Ad-Free
3rd May 2014, 01:41 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by furious84

Really Thank You very much, sincerelly i decided To use Car home ultra like home when n7 is plug in Car (then i didn t need wallpaper, But i will try.
Ps your English is better then mine. I m from italy, And you?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

It's my pleasure, glad to help. I'm from Russia. :3
The Following User Says Thank You to 4ufak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 4ufak Ad-Free
8th June 2014, 08:49 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Basic understanding of shell and Tasker
I really would like to get Live Wallpaper switching to work. I tried entering the txt into the shell but it doesn't work or return the correct values. Could you help me out?
19th February 2015, 07:43 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
I found this solution really good until kitkat , but now with lollipop does not work anymore , someone is able to change the codes ? I use a rom based cm now but I tried it with the stock without any results .
knows maybe an alternative method ?
thanks for any help
29th March 2015, 03:43 PM |#8  
Flag Ao Nang, Krabi
Thanks Meter: 292

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quack75

I found this solution really good until kitkat , but now with lollipop does not work anymore , someone is able to change the codes ? I use a rom based cm now but I tried it with the stock without any results .
knows maybe an alternative method ?
thanks for any help

Have you found a way for Lollipop yet?
29th March 2015, 05:19 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeDread11

Have you found a way for Lollipop yet?

At least only with paid app and rooted phone, search Automagic, it work for my N4 with any Rom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to quack75 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift quack75 Ad-Free
30th March 2015, 08:34 AM |#10  
Flag Ao Nang, Krabi
Thanks Meter: 292

More
The evaluation version doesn't work for me on lollipop. I didn't take to much time to look into it though since u found an other solution. The LW I use has its own ui so starting that and only 2 tasker input button clicks it sets it. Not a nice solution as the screen needs to come on and user input can disturb the action. But to have an other app running for just this purpose isn't a great solution too. Especially since I want to disabled my LW to save battery when it gets low.

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

Hopefully somebody with more knowledge about these things then me will figure out three correct command line for lollipop and post it here
22nd November 2015, 03:34 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Lollipop fix
If that isn't working on new versions like lollipop try just changing the 2 to a 3: service call wallpaper 3.. The addition of a function to set the keyguard wallpaper bumped it down to 3.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to citkast For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift citkast Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)