[Q] [B]About EXACTLY what boomsound is[/B]

Search This thread

aznsephyi

Feb 26, 2011
Hey everybody,

so I wanted to get down to what means exactly the Boomsound system employs. I heard it has a general run of the mill DAC as seen on the Note 3, but it does have a dedicated amplifier unit. I'm wondering if this amplifier unit is used to amplify both the headphone output and the "boomsound" speaker output.

Also, Beats employs an equalizer, with

Beats ON = amplified highs and lows (exciting)

Beats OFF = amplified mids (supposedly boring to the average listener) and recessed highs and lows (which are supposed to sound exciting)

and this is obviously a strong marketing ploy made to make people think that anything without Beats sounds boring because when people listen to music w/ "beats off" it has strong mids and weak highs and lows. So really on Beats devices, the music sounds unnatural regardless of beats on or off.

I'm hoping that HTC doesn't employ this tactic, and that with Boomsound "off" it really means its not adding anything extra like amplified highs and lows while amplifying mids; WHILE, still getting that greatly needed amplification from the dedicated amplifier unit. I recall that HTC One phones get >2 volts going through the headphone jack while every other phone gets <1.5 volts.

If anyone knows what exactly is happening with boomsound please let us know!

Last edited: