[ROM][AOKP 4.4.x//kitkat][HLTE] UNOFFICIAL Android Open Kang Project for Galaxy Note 3 (Unified)

Search This thread

Tufftoad

Dec 12, 2010
London
Why does this thread only have 4 pages? Usually there's over 100. There's also no changelog, all I get from the download site is the remark "Changelog was not provided for this ROM".
Just looking for some information as to what is included in the rom and what additional packages there are. GApps etc.

evoGage

Mar 5, 2011
When I flash this rom I lose my imei but when restoring my backed up tw rom its fine. Anything I'm doing wrong?

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
How is that **** unofficial? :p

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Martini3001

Feb 15, 2012
Darmstadt
www.pepperonas.com
Why does this thread only have 4 pages? Usually there's over 100. There's also no changelog, all I get from the download site is the remark "Changelog was not provided for this ROM".
Just looking for some information as to what is included in the rom and what additional packages there are. GApps etc.

Hmm, this thread is very new and most people may have found their favourite ROM :p
I guess most features in this ROM are almost the same like you know from other ROMs.
Cyano / AOSP offers the "frame" and some people style it in their ways - not very innovative but nevertheless good and hard work.

Tufftoad

Dec 12, 2010
London
Hmm, this thread is very new and most people may have found their favourite ROM :p
I guess most features in this ROM are almost the same like you know from other ROMs.
Cyano / AOSP offers the "frame" and some people style it in their ways - not very innovative but nevertheless good and hard work.

Cheers for replying.

I had AOKP on my S3 and flashed a fair few S3 mini's with it, so I'm familiar with their roms...was wondering if the s-pen functions/use is still intact.

tbh after a few weeks of using the Note 3, I don't really see the point in flashing it.

scar45

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 17, 2006
Just a quick update to let everyone know that I built HLTE fresh this evening, and it has a handful of cherry picks outside of the latest nightly.

(hlte) Downloads on AOKP.co/unofficial-builds

Changelog for aokp_hlte_kitkat_unofficial_2014-05-03.zip
  • fix the width of traditional scrollable toggles
  • Toast Animations [1/2]
  • RC: Toast animations [2/2]
  • QuickContact: onLongClick save item data to clipboard
  • Fullscreen UI when in Incoming call based on CM
  • RC: make animations faster by default
  • Change video recording toggle drawable in Quick Settings
  • FW: Swap Stylus pointer with TW dot
Enjoy!

legmando33

Oct 11, 2012
Just a quick update to let everyone know that I built HLTE fresh this evening, and it has a handful of cherry picks outside of the latest nightly.

• Toast Animations [1/2]
Enjoy!

This ROM is running great!!! Such amazing features! Always loved Aokp. Thank you so much! Also, any chance of adding expandable volume menu?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

scar45

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 17, 2006
This ROM is running great!!! Such amazing features! Always loved Aokp. Thank you so much! Also, any chance of adding expandable volume menu?

Thank YOU for the kind words :) Glad the ROM is working well for you.

In terms of the expandable volume menu, I believe that it would be coming back, but I don't know when for sure. In the meantime, I am actually using an Xposed module to do somewhat the same thing:

StatusbarVolume (Xposed module) on Google Play

Hope that helps in the meantime!

Reactions: nickster1

rsmex

Jun 30, 2010
Hi can you swap the back and menu key on this rom thanks for any help

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

stan low

Aug 13, 2013
London
Hi

Just a quick one Mr Scar, is spen working and are you using OTA on this version? seems everytime I used OTA on my S2 all the apps FC's. Cheers Sir Mr Scar. Why is the rom just over 200mb when most roms are over 1gb, and is lean kernel for this rom?

Last edited:

winwiz

Oct 26, 2007
Which launcher does this rom use guys?
also does it have same issues as CM rom? random reboots, screechy speaker etc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][AOKP 4.4.x//kitkat][HLTE] UNOFFICIAL Android Open Kang Project for Galaxy Note 3 (Unified)

83.png

Device: HLTE // Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (LTE)

Welcome to AOKP for the HLTE aka Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (LTE)(Unified)!
    These are UNofficial builds (pure AOKP with some cherry-picks of open commits for now) maintained by scar45.

This ROM is tested and working great, with exception to NFC, about the only non-functional component. Hopefully a fix will appear soon (this applies to multiple AOSP-based ROMs for the Note 3).

Many thanks to @ProTekk and CM for their assistance with bringing AOKP to this device!

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    • Reboot
    78.png

» The latest Changelog is always found on the Download site by clicking on the "Changelog »" link.

80.png

» Downloads are found at aokp.co/unofficial-builds »
    * Be sure to download ROMs that are ONLY for "//SAMSUNG/HLTE"

82.png

» SOURCE on AOKP.co
    » AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github

Enjoy!

.end OP

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Kang Project, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    scar45
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: GAPPS for Android 4.4 (kitkat) (on ROM Download page)
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2014-03-24
    Last Updated 2014-03-24
    Just one question that annoys me... Why can't the lockscreen wallpaper have the right orientation. I mean... When you try to set it it switches to a square shape instead of a vertical one.
    Am I clear? lol

You are coming in clear good sir! I have noticed this bug myself, however a lot of ROM Control is still a work-in-progress, hence AOKP for HLTE not being 'official' just yet. We're working on it, and if any fixes are made before an official build is released, I'll get another unofficial ready and post a quick update here. :)

• Toast Animations [1/2]
    Enjoy!
    Well I hope the OP doesn't mind me posting this here.... ;)

aokp_hlte_kitkat_unofficial_2014-09-24.zip

Compiled today with Temasek's kernel... Remember this is for hlte only!! Enjoy :D

Screenshot_2014-09-24-13-53-16.png