[Q] HELP! Update system software.

Search This thread

LeHartx

May 2, 2014
I keep getting that software update thing after which I downloaded it and tried to install it but failed.

I have rooted my HTC One as well.

Any advice on this? I am currently downloading Android Revolution HD One 53.0 custom ROM, am I doing the right thing? As far as I know, I need to download a custom ROM right? Also, all I need to install that ROM is by going into bootloader mode, and then into recovery and finding that .rom right?

Will all my data/apps and other stuffs in my phone be deleted after installing that ROM? Please advise. Thanks alot. In a mess right now..:confused::confused:

kyleallen5000

Apr 23, 2010
Tampa
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I keep getting that software update thing after which I downloaded it and tried to install it but failed.

I have rooted my HTC One as well.

Any advice on this? I am currently downloading Android Revolution HD One 53.0 custom ROM, am I doing the right thing? As far as I know, I need to download a custom ROM right? Also, all I need to install that ROM is by going into bootloader mode, and then into recovery and finding that .rom right?

Will all my data/apps and other stuffs in my phone be deleted after installing that ROM? Please advise. Thanks alot. In a mess right now..:confused::confused:

Need a bit more information before i can try and help:

-Is your bootloader unlocked?
-Do you have a custom recovery installed such as TWRP or CWM?

If the above are true then you are on the right path. You should download the ROM of choice, navigate to your recovery, perform a standard wipe, install the new ROM.

Unfortunately yes you will be losing the apps/data portions when you wipe. But anything that isn't part of the system will be preserved (AKA your internal SD card).

LeHartx

May 2, 2014
Need a bit more information before i can try and help:

-Is your bootloader unlocked?
-Do you have a custom recovery installed such as TWRP or CWM?

If the above are true then you are on the right path. You should download the ROM of choice, navigate to your recovery, perform a standard wipe, install the new ROM.

Unfortunately yes you will be losing the apps/data portions when you wipe. But anything that isn't part of the system will be preserved (AKA your internal SD card).

My bootloader is unlocked. I have TWRP installed. What do I actually wipe? Everything? Mine is a HTC One M7, so it doesn't have an internal SD card. D:

Also, will the software updates stop bothering me? I can't seem to get rid of it. And I'm doing it because of the purple tint in the camera photos, does the new ROM solves it?

Last edited:

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
My bootloader is unlocked. I have TWRP installed. What do I actually wipe? Everything? Mine is a HTC One M7, so it doesn't have an internal SD card. D:

Also, will the software updates stop bothering me? I can't seem to get rid of it. And I'm doing it because of the purple tint in the camera photos, does the new ROM solves it?

That the issue. Your bootloader has to be locked with stock recovery.

No this doesn't fix it. You would have to send it in to be fixed.

Bat cave One

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
That the issue. Your bootloader has to be locked with stock recovery.

No this doesn't fix it. You would have to send it in to be fixed.

Bat cave One

I'm not sure that bootloader needs to be locked for OTAs even with S-On. I take the US Dev Edition as an example, which by default comes bootloader unlocked and S-On, and receives OTAs just fine (obviously stock recovery and stock ROM).

For RUUs even the Dev Edition needs to be relocked (ironically) with S-On, but not for OTAs.

LeHartx

May 2, 2014
I'm still not sure whether to do it yet or wait till the latest version is out, may I know when is it available roughly? D: