problem with Signing kitkat apk

Search This thread

motiam4

Feb 17, 2007
Hello,I have problem with recompiling any system apk for kitkat firmware,tried to decompile and recompile framework-res as the usual way of any 4.3 firmware and lower,it does decompile and recompile successfully but when I replace it back instead of the original one I got it stuck at sprint screen for NOTE3 SPRINT .also when I try with SecSettings ,the settings icon disappear after replacing the original one,I even tried building the apk without any modification and I got the same thing.

there is must be something with signing kitkat apk different than 4.3 and lower firmware.
I used the same method of signing A System apk of taking META-INF and AndroidManifest.xml and inserting them into the new APK.
apktool version 1.5.3
phone:NOTE3 SPRINT N900P 4.4.2 STOCK FIRMWARE.

THANK YOU

Vaibhav Chauhan

Feb 17, 2014
Dahod, Gujarat
Hello,I have problem with recompiling any system apk for kitkat firmware,tried to decompile and recompile framework-res as the usual way of any 4.3 firmware and lower,it does decompile and recompile successfully but when I replace it back instead of the original one I got it stuck at sprint screen for NOTE3 SPRINT .also when I try with SecSettings ,the settings icon disappear after replacing the original one,I even tried building the apk without any modification and I got the same thing.

there is must be something with signing kitkat apk different than 4.3 and lower firmware.
I used the same method of signing A System apk of taking META-INF and AndroidManifest.xml and inserting them into the new APK.
apktool version 1.5.3

THANK YOU

you shoul install framework and systemui of kitkat and then compile and decompile it

Reactions: motiam4

motiam4

Feb 17, 2007
you shoul install framework and systemui of kitkat and then compile and decompile it

thank you for your reply,but I have already tried that,I did install framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk
but it fails,tried this time with SecContacts_OSup.apk but it does disappear after replacing it too.
any idea?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

apktool version 1.5.3

THANK YOU

Ok.thank you.I tried to do it on linux and got it working.

thank you.

:good: