Fixed - I9505 - kernel is not seandroid enforcing - Reboot & Hangs ! Easy !

Search This thread

Mizpah

Aug 5, 2012
S4 I9505
Problem:
Start up screen top left corner shows:
kernel is not seandroid enforcing
Hangs up or Reboots.

I updated my S4 to Version: I9505XXUEMKE
Then I used Odin to Flash a Root with Stock recovery & SU, something went WRONG!
Knox is now 0x1, which should not have happened, but what can I say.
BaM, I got the Reboots & Hang ups.

But, I still could get into Recovery & Download Mode!

SO HERE IS THE FIX:

1. Download, Odin 3 - THx 2 - daerragh
--- I used Ver.: Odin 3.07

2. Download, http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/2/
--- Register
--- And download your Firmware, if you know which you had before it crashed choose that one otherwise Upgrade to latest.
--- For me it was the latest version - I9505XXUEMKE ---- THx 2 -- Repulsa for the tip.

3. Start Odin 3.07 --- [Should it "FAIL" Read note at the Bottom #6].
--- Make sure - Auto Reboot & F. Reset Time are checked - Nothing else.
--- Click on PDA choose your Firmware file in my case "I9505XXUEMKE"
--- this can take a minute or two, WAIT, the PDA will check mark itself.

4. To start Turn off your phone completely ! Now hold following buttons to get into Download Mode,
--- Volume Down
--- Home
--- and last Power
--- S4 will enter into DL Mode
Seeing you have already tried to root you phone, you should have you Samsung USB drivers.

5. Press Start
--- This will take time, after it Reboot itself,
--- remove the USB Cabel & wait
--- at least 5 minutes don't remember how long, I came back after 5 Minutes and it was done,
---------- so then if everything went well for you, have fun :good: .

6. FAIL
--- Should it Fail while uploading to your phone,
--- A. Remove Battery
--- B. Remove USB cabel
--- C. Restart.
--- Should it Fail again (which happend to me), then Do A. B. C. again.
--- and this time Touch your screen about every minute.
I Know that sounds weird, but it worked for me maybe something to do with "Stand by? no clue".

If this has help you in anyway please hit that :good: Thanks Bottun :D

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE for anything happening to your phone as a result of you flashing this Rom.

Last edited:

Ghhostt

Jan 10, 2014
Milwaukee
[Help Please] TMO-S4- Kernel is not seandroid enforcing

Hello,
Let me start off by saying, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to rooting (Infact - It took me a few days to even convince myself to do this) and I did look around for several guilds on how to remove this error (Downloaded Odin - Got Stock TAR.MD5) But I still get this error on my phone when I start the phone, it wouldn't be much of a probelm, except it hangs for a while and then restarts.) It also gets stuck for a long time at the T-Mobile load screen. The Wifi Wont turn on their... Please Help.

Galaxy S4: SGH-M919
T-Mobile...

Last edited:

eclpsues

Dec 2, 2012
Baguio City
I'm not an expert in Android OS but I think this is not an error. It is more of a notification that the STOCK KERNEL has been change to a CUSTOM one.

Reactions: J0hNDR3W

illias9

May 3, 2014
Hi guys

A friend and I tried to update my rooted Samsung S4 i9505 to the official kitkat version. Had the unofficial one before. Unfortunatly we didn't turn on the usb debugging and there wasn't enough space on my memory card. After removing the data from the sd card it still didn't work (usb debuging?). My friend then tried to install a custom rom of some sort (I'm the noob here. He has some skills). No whenever I try to start my cell up the message KERNAL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING pops up in the top left corner. Can I turn on the usb debugging from the pc? What should I do?

Thanks

illias9

May 3, 2014
Hi guys

A friend and I tried to update my rooted Samsung S4 i9505 to the official kitkat version. Had the unofficial one before. Unfortunatly we didn't turn on the usb debugging and there wasn't enough space on my memory card. After removing the data from the sd card it still didn't work (usb debuging?). My friend then tried to install a custom rom of some sort (I'm the noob here. He has some skills). No whenever I try to start my cell up the message KERNAL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING pops up in the top left corner. Can I turn on the usb debugging from the pc? What should I do?

Thanks

I tried to install the Gummy Rom but I got the same problem. It gets stuck in the rebooting or something. It wont pass the samsung start screen. What should I do?

Natza09

Jun 27, 2013
Newcastle
Tried all of the above and no go.

Hi i have CM on my Australia XSA Samsung 19505 and i am trying to get it back to stock though when i try to flash it in Odin it fails all the time i cant get into recovery though i am able to access download mode.

I am using Odin 3.09 with the correct stock rom for my device and when i run it i get this error message

<ID:0/007> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9505XXUEMK9_I9505XSAEMK3_I9505XXUEMK9_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/007> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/007> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/007> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/007> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/007> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/007> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/007>
<ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

And on my device is error message

start [224,1440]
sw rev check fail fused 4 binary 3.

I also have the "kernel is not seandroid enforcing" message.

When i restart my device i get an error message "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue please select recovery mode in kies and try again"

I have tried to use Kies both versions and it doesn't work, The only way to get it to work is flash CWM which allows me back into my device.

Any ideas on how to get back to stock Thanks?

Last edited:

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
Hi i have CM on my Australia XSA Samsung 19505 and i am trying to get it back to stock though when i try to flash it in Odin it fails all the time i cant get into recovery though i am able to access download mode.

I am using Odin 3.09 with the correct stock rom for my device and when i run it i get this error message

<ID:0/007> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9505XXUEMK9_I9505XSAEMK3_I9505XXUEMK9_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/007> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/007> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/007> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/007> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/007> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/007> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/007>
<ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

And on my device is error message

start [224,1440]
sw rev check fail fused 4 binary 3.

I also have the "kernel is not seandroid enforcing" message.

When i restart my device i get an error message "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue please select recovery mode in kies and try again"

I have tried to use Kies both versions and it doesn't work, The only way to get it to work is flash CWM which allows me back into my device.

Use a different usb port. Always use the ports on the back of your pc not the ones on the front.

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
Thanks Lennyz for the reply, I tried the back usb 2.0 and 3.0 and both failed with the same error message as originally posted. Can i just restore the kernel some how and will that fix the issue?

I think I know what you did. You try to flash an older stock firmware on to your device. Pick a newer firmware because downgrading is not possible.

Natza09

Jun 27, 2013
Newcastle
I think I know what you did. You try to flash an older stock firmware on to your device. Pick a newer firmware because downgrading is not possible.

I have tried to flash several Roms that are 4.4 and that are compatible with my device using clock work mod and it doesn't work as i keep getting a Status 7 error which i have found a possible fix for here in the forum i will attempt to resolve and report back.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

I have tried to flash several Roms that are 4.4 and that are compatible with my device using clock work mod and it doesn't work as i keep getting a Status 7 error which i have found a possible fix for here in the forum i will attempt to resolve and report back.

Ok so i put TWTP back on and i was able to install Goldeneye Rom 4.4.2, Which is working great. However when i reboot im still getting the Kernel is not seandroid enforcing message in red. As i can not restore to stock Rom as Australia XSA 4.4 isn't out yet is there any other way to get rid of this message. Thanks again.

franny23dmt

Sep 18, 2013

iuts coz you are trying to downgrade the aboot file which is associated with know security check .. u have to flash the same or upgrade

Last edited:

Fadi333

Aug 24, 2017
Hi,
I'll Install WizCyan custom Rom on My GT-I9505 by TWRP mode. Its not a Error its a Premission That are allow when we use other roms.

●Press Volume Up and Volume Down Key at same

time and Hold it. This methode is use to Force Start your Rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S4 I9505
    Problem:
    Start up screen top left corner shows:
    kernel is not seandroid enforcing
    Hangs up or Reboots.

I updated my S4 to Version: I9505XXUEMKE
    Then I used Odin to Flash a Root with Stock recovery & SU, something went WRONG!
    Knox is now 0x1, which should not have happened, but what can I say.
    BaM, I got the Reboots & Hang ups.

But, I still could get into Recovery & Download Mode!

SO HERE IS THE FIX:

1. Download, Odin 3 - THx 2 - daerragh
    --- I used Ver.: Odin 3.07

2. Download, http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/2/
    --- Register
    --- And download your Firmware, if you know which you had before it crashed choose that one otherwise Upgrade to latest.
    --- For me it was the latest version - I9505XXUEMKE ---- THx 2 -- Repulsa for the tip.

3. Start Odin 3.07 --- [Should it "FAIL" Read note at the Bottom #6].
    --- Make sure - Auto Reboot & F. Reset Time are checked - Nothing else.
    --- Click on PDA choose your Firmware file in my case "I9505XXUEMKE"
    --- this can take a minute or two, WAIT, the PDA will check mark itself.

4. To start Turn off your phone completely ! Now hold following buttons to get into Download Mode,
    --- Volume Down
    --- Home
    --- and last Power
    --- S4 will enter into DL Mode
    Seeing you have already tried to root you phone, you should have you Samsung USB drivers.

5. Press Start
    --- This will take time, after it Reboot itself,
    --- remove the USB Cabel & wait
    --- at least 5 minutes don't remember how long, I came back after 5 Minutes and it was done,
    ---------- so then if everything went well for you, have fun :good: .

6. FAIL
    --- Should it Fail while uploading to your phone,
    --- A. Remove Battery
    --- B. Remove USB cabel
    --- C. Restart.
    --- Should it Fail again (which happend to me), then Do A. B. C. again.
    --- and this time Touch your screen about every minute.
    I Know that sounds weird, but it worked for me maybe something to do with "Stand by? no clue".

If this has help you in anyway please hit that :good: Thanks Bottun :D

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE for anything happening to your phone as a result of you flashing this Rom.
    I'm not an expert in Android OS but I think this is not an error. It is more of a notification that the STOCK KERNEL has been change to a CUSTOM one.