Sprint, Thanx for keeping FM

Search This thread

KaptainRandom

Jul 22, 2011
I have been reading in other threads that all GS5s have the FM 'on the chip'...
It is mechanically disabled (shorted on circuit board) on every variant EXCEPT SPRINT.

Sent from my Rooted Sprint GS5 SM-G900P

Reactions: GorillaPimp

CCallahan

Oct 20, 2010
Rock Chalk
This is something I missed having on the S4. Didn't make sense to leave it off. Glad it is back. They must of had some complaints maybe?

rhizomorph

Jul 14, 2013
Wow, that's.....interesting! Wonder why Sprint wouldn't tell us the phone can pickup FM? Or for that matter why would the other carriers remove that function? Seems odd...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

andyistic

Aug 17, 2013
www.chattermatrix.com
It is mechanically disabled (shorted on circuit board) on every variant EXCEPT SPRINT.

Whoa! Is this absolutely certain?
Why would other carriers remove this?
Maybe it interferes with their data reception?

This requires further investigation.

I do like that we're regaining full use of the Galaxy S5, despite attempts from the carriers to opress us, at least with Sprint.

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
Whoa! Is this absolutely certain?
Why would other carriers remove this?
Maybe it interferes with their data reception?

This requires further investigation.

I do like that we're regaining full use of the Galaxy S5, despite attempts from the carriers to opress us, at least with Sprint.

At least sprint keeps their bootloaders unlocked

-Sent from Tapatalk

bigred97

Apr 27, 2014
I know this sounds fanboyish,
But a big thank you to sprint for keeping the FM Radio functioning on my Sprint GS5...
:)

I know this is is a few months old but I cannot get my rooted 900P's FM receiver to work.
I emailed next radio and the guy said there have been some problems with rooted GS5's being able to access the reciever.

Any one have any input/solutions?

Ls1ssz28

Oct 30, 2011
Charleston
I was looking through the CSC codes and ETC codes and noticed that there is a line on the SPR(sprint) xml that has the Samsung FM app blocked, I downloaded the international S5 fm radio apk and installed it but to no avail.

Weazmeister

Jul 17, 2012
Huntington Beach
Sweeeeeeet! Moar 1.1, installed NextRadio and voila, FM Radio for those times when signal in gym is ish and I am stuck not being able to listen to anything decent!

bigred97

Apr 27, 2014
Well I just did the ne5 firmware update today and re-rooted and now FM antenna is working perfect

sml2004

Oct 17, 2013
Kansas City,Missouri
I know this sounds lame and maybe off the topic but anyway to use AM radio frequencies on the gs5? I like to listen to midday baseball at work. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NextRadio app can pick up FM using headset cable as antenna. Built right in.

Sent from my SM-G900P using xda app-developers app
    I know this sounds fanboyish,
    But a big thank you to sprint for keeping the FM Radio functioning on my Sprint GS5...
    :)

NextRadio!!!!!

Just downloaded NextRadio app from the play store. Turned OFF my wifi and data and the app worked with no issues. Thought it was gonna be some internet based app but it work solely on the the FM transmitter. SWEET!!!!

Check out there site:
    http://nextradioapp.com/
    Just wanna pass on that the Hybrid Radio app found in the "ported S5 apps" thread works the same way as NextRadio. Move to System/app reboot and voila. It works with no kinks. Plus, it's the bloatware originally designed for the phone, from the international version I believe.

Anyway.....it does work.

Did anyone here get FM to work on a non-Spirit S5?