[Q] Wanted to join the ZU club but....

Search This thread

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
I purchased a used ZU c6806 for ATT off of swappa. Right off the bat I could not get cell network to connect for voice. I'm coming from an ATT note 3 FYI. Well, I called ATT to see if I needed to do anything to make the change but they said I could just insert the SIM from the Note 3 and I would get voice(at least.) It still gave a fit and it was getting late so I put it aside. Later the next day I tried again and it worked, so I thought. Went a day using it and I lost cell signal and could not get it back. Is there something here that I am missing that I could try to regain signal? The phone sees that there is no SIM inserted and knows when one is inserted. Could there just be bum radios on this unit? In the mean time I updated to 757 from 4.2.2 with no change in the no signal issue. I see in the older firmware the network operators can be chosen but on kit kat I don't have that option in the menu.

thanks,

Tom

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
I purchased a used ZU c6806 for ATT off of swappa. Right off the bat I could not get cell network to connect for voice. I'm coming from an ATT note 3 FYI. Well, I called ATT to see if I needed to do anything to make the change but they said I could just insert the SIM from the Note 3 and I would get voice(at least.) It still gave a fit and it was getting late so I put it aside. Later the next day I tried again and it worked, so I thought. Went a day using it and I lost cell signal and could not get it back. Is there something here that I am missing that I could try to regain signal? The phone sees that there is no SIM inserted and knows when one is inserted. Could there just be bum radios on this unit? In the mean time I updated to 757 from 4.2.2 with no change in the no signal issue. I see in the older firmware the network operators can be chosen but on kit kat I don't have that option in the menu.

thanks,

Tom

There has been one or two people that have has a loose antenna in their ZU, only way to tell is to take the back off. Maybe that is why the last owner was selling?

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
Could I lose my emei number doing this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
Flashback didn't fix the problem. Back to Swappa.... This sucks...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts