FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

A few things on knox / rooting and bootloaders that need more testing / development

1,240 posts
Thanks Meter: 359

By xclub_101, Senior Member on 9th February 2014, 04:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd May 2014, 04:11 PM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 46

Donate to Me
More
Hmm I analyzed this. It contains an sboot.bin for exynos devices AND an EMMC1 firmware update file.
That is the key to knox reset.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zibri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zibri Ad-Free
3rd May 2014, 06:27 PM |#82  
Flag Somewhere in Europe
Thanks Meter: 782

More
Just re read a couple of pages back and it shows that it has been possible to restore original status - no Knox trip info in DL mode - very interesting indeed.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
4th May 2014, 11:31 AM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuchRha

PS : I had done all this steps on ND1 firmware, and this will not keep root access, to root Knox has to be tripped. Also to note this might get (patched) in future updates (bootloaders) if we look at Samsung's history of patching stuff , though not sure about it...

This will not work on any variant other than Exynos (Note 3) due to different processors and the boot system of both Exynos and Snapdragon. (the file for resetting Knox (Exynos) contains Sboot which is only for the Exynos variant which cannot be used on Snapdragon as it uses Aboot). So this is by no way meant to work on SD variant or any other Samsung device ie S5/S4/Note 2 etc. and hence requested NOT TO USE IT on any other model than Exynos Note 3.

Really interesting step!
But from my understanding, this method tested only on ND1 firmware with ND1 bootloader, and how about if we have older bootloader? (I use NC1).

Many thanks for this founding!
4th May 2014, 11:37 AM |#84  
Flag Gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 1,265

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haybill

Hello @RuchRha--I saw you on another thread and tracked you down to this one--it has been reported that flashing Root using CF-Root, to a Canadian N900W8, was possible to do without compromising KNOX warranty counter-- do you know whether the same applies to SM N900 variant?

Apologies if this has been asked./answered but couldn't find reference to the answer.

It certainly is not possible at the moment, but trying to see what we can/could achieve regarding this pretty soon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeet.somaiya

Attempting to downgrade is worth trying. If it succeeds it would be great. If it fails with "Firmware Upgrade encountered issue" no worries just flash stock recovery back and the phone would be up again.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 GT-N7100

Well yes, it's actually worth a shot but I am pretty annoyed I dint had an 4.3 firmware and trying to download the same from sammobile but it failed every time when only 10-20 mb is left to be downloaded and this has happened 3 times, I am looking for any mirrors for them instead of using sammobile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iede

Really interesting step!
But from my understanding, this method tested only on ND1 firmware with ND1 bootloader, and how about if we have older bootloader? (I use NC1).

Many thanks for this founding!

It should work on any fw/bootloader related to 4.4.2, but I have no idea about 4.3
4th May 2014, 12:03 PM |#85  
Flag Salem, Chennai
Thanks Meter: 40

More
@RuchRha can u post a video on how to reset knox on exynos?
4th May 2014, 03:42 PM |#86  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,586

Donate to Me
More
after flashing test bootloader maybe a problem with input stock recovery, so, for fixing I'm made package with standart bootloader and param.bin

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=21
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-04 19.58.41.png
Views:	1878
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	2725322   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-04 19.59.24.png
Views:	1894
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	2725323   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-04-19-55-41.png
Views:	1898
Size:	169.5 KB
ID:	2725324  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A.S._id For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift A.S._id Ad-Free
4th May 2014, 03:47 PM |#87  
Flag Gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 1,265

Donate to Me
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101

Quick question to have a more complete view on where things are - I do not have the N900 and I know little about it so the question might already not be a problem there but it certainly is on N9005 - can you also downgrade the firmware after you write the knox-reset piece?

I'll test it!

Edit/Update 1 : Wowzer guys, I have some good news for you all, I have been successfully able to downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 without any issues, The firmware I downgraded to is MI3 and Knox is not present in download mode will post steps soon and guide you through steps for a safe downgrade, PS : this is only for SM-N900/N9000/Exynos for now, screenshots attached..

Edit/Update 2 : Steps to Downgrade (Note 3 Exynos only!)

1 - Download the bootloader.zip and extract then flash in Odin. (Find in attachments) (don't select any other option in odin except F reset time and auto reboot) (are selected by default).

2 - Download any 4.3 JellyBean Firmware from sammobile.

3 - After flashing the bootlaoder reboot into stock recovery (power+ home+ vol up) and wipe data/factory reset and cache partition

4 - Turn off the device and reboot into download mode and flash the 4.3 Firmware in Odin.

5 - After flashing completed let the device boot till boot screen and pull out the battery and turn it off then turn it on again and reboot into recovery (power+ home+ vol up) and wipe data/factory reset and cache partition once again and reboot and let the device boot up.

That's pretty much it, you've safely downgraded to Android 4.3 from 4.4

This is only for Note 3 Exynos!

I'll be testing some work around's for the N9005 (Snapdragon) to reset Knox/Firmware Downgrade once I get that device as I have given mine to a friend, and have been saving money to buy a new or used N9005.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-06-09-50-41.jpg
Views:	6382
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	2728240   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-06-10-49-36.jpg
Views:	6147
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	2728241   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-06-10-49-57.jpg
Views:	5667
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	2728242   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140506_104712.jpg
Views:	5848
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	2728243  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Bootloader.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.39 MB, 15518 views)
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to RuchRha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RuchRha Ad-Free
6th May 2014, 12:44 PM |#88  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
To anyone who wanted to try this knox reset tool.
I can confirm the method by @RuchRha that it definitely valid and I done it myself on N900 ND1 Firmware. I'm now very happy rooting my phone and will be able to get full warranty when needed.
However, this method will WIPE YOUR INTERNAL SD. So make all the necessary backup before reset knox.

----------------

There's ND2 Firmware released, can anyone confirm that this method still work or not ?
I hope it's not a patched to prevent knox reset.
The Following User Says Thank You to XZQ't For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XZQ't Ad-Free
6th May 2014, 10:18 PM |#89  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XZQ't

To anyone who wanted to try this knox reset tool.
I can confirm the method by @RuchRha that it definitely valid and I done it myself on N900 ND1 Firmware. I'm now very happy rooting my phone and will be able to get full warranty when needed.
However, this method will WIPE YOUR INTERNAL SD. So make all the necessary backup before reset knox.

----------------

There's ND2 Firmware released, can anyone confirm that this method still work or not ?
I hope it's not a patched to prevent knox reset.

I doubt they would patch as it's official file they use to reset. If they did they would have no method to reset themselves

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to st3chn0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift st3chn0 Ad-Free
6th May 2014, 10:22 PM |#90  
Substratum Development Leader
Flag University of Toronto
Thanks Meter: 13,916

Donate to Me
More
How about the check whether KNOX is actually tripped on an N900W8 without knowing it yet, we're still on the two region different bootloaders - Leaked Mexican NA2 and Canadian NB7, which is identical as they are the first N900W8 4.4.2 ROM bootloaders.

Well first of all, as the Mexican NA2 is a leak, you can't download it officially anywhere, and could have been a leak from a developer build.

Also to think, why does this only work on the Canadian N900W8 and not the Mexican N900W8? (verify this for me, I have seen 0 reports of successful Mexican 0x0 flashes as of yet).

We essentially flash Mexican NA2 over Canadian 4.3 which allows us to do anything we want and not trip KNOX. BUT -> If you flash official NB7 Canadian, you cannot downgrade back to an older firmware and not trip KNOX, unlike on NA2 Mexican.

Is there a possibility that the chip already blown the fuse but the system fails to detect that particular fuse due to a bug, and still reports fine to the system (Bootloader view, and in-system view (Phone Info))?
9th May 2014, 01:05 PM |#91  
Flag Ding (Sirsa)
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XZQ't

The site is gone for few days now. It's believed to be taken down by Samsung.
But there're people offer the file via pm in knox bounty thread, you can try your luck there.

Here is the link

Subhash Chander has shared a file with you - Subhash Chander shared "BL_HA3GZS_CLEAR_WARRANTY_BIT.tar": https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...hint=folder%2c

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to schndr777 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schndr777 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
knox, root
Previous Thread Next Thread