[ROM][Sense][1.54.651.8]BareBones 2.1 (4-25-14)

Search This thread
This rom is for those that like to run a stock, slightly modified, and debloated rom. I will continuously work on debloating and optimizing this as time allows and as I learn more about the system. I removed quite a few apps and widgets that I don't use, if you want something that I took out then let me know and I will make an update zip for you when I have a chance. I will not add anything back to the rom after it has been removed. Please enjoy.

-This rom does not include the latest firmware. I recommend flashing the firmware found here. Make sure to thank @Captain_Throwback.

http://themikmik.com/showthread.php...WHL-Firmware-Collection-LATEST-1-54-651-8-OTA

-Thanks

- @Captain_Throwback (rom base)
- @flar2 (system write protection mod)
- @MassStash (external write protection mod)
- @steal25 (icon mod, battery icon, and some much needed help)
- @schmeggy929 (Quick settings, disable boot sound)
- @Ph33zy (hotspot mod)
- @v-b-n (increase sound mod)
- @thoughtlesskyle (battery icon, lte icon mod, general icon mod)
- @dased14 (icon mod)
- @benny3 (modified EPST app)

-ROM Basics

-Rooted
-DeOdexed
-Zipaligned
-Debloated

-ROM mods

-System write protection disabled
-External sd card write protection disabled
-Quick settings enabled
-Native Hotspot
-Boot sound disabled
-NFC icon disabled
-AM/PM removed from clock
-Music Channel enabled

-See post #2 for Changelogs and other info

-Downloads

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407589233

MD5

da8a8b00e1d0d3400e18a97e8b0decfb

Metalfan, I have been using your barebones rom since I got the M8 early this week. I love it! I hope you have plans to keep it ongoing. It reminds me of the Evo 4G LTE's 'stock with goodies' rom, which I used for 2 years.

Any chance you might implement volume rocker track seeking when the screen is off?

Keep up the good work. This is my kind of rom.

Reactions: metalfan78

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
I've been working on a little bit of an update, added some stuff back in I wanted to use, different boot and shutdown animations, a couple little things. I may change the name of the Rom, it's not quite barebones enough,lol

justcallmejohan

Feb 24, 2013
is s-off required to flash this in twrp? also if anybody has flashing instructions that'd be helpful just got my m8

AarSyl

is s-off required to flash this in twrp? also if anybody has flashing instructions that'd be helpful just got my m8

No, S-Off is not required. Do keep in mind that this rom is old, and the dev has returned back to the Sammy side. This is no longer being supported. If you are already on the latest update, it will not work.

As for S-Off, I suggest giving it a try for your own good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This rom is for those that like to run a stock, slightly modified, and debloated rom. I will continuously work on debloating and optimizing this as time allows and as I learn more about the system. I removed quite a few apps and widgets that I don't use, if you want something that I took out then let me know and I will make an update zip for you when I have a chance. I will not add anything back to the rom after it has been removed. Please enjoy.

-This rom does not include the latest firmware. I recommend flashing the firmware found here. Make sure to thank @Captain_Throwback.

http://themikmik.com/showthread.php...WHL-Firmware-Collection-LATEST-1-54-651-8-OTA

-Thanks

- @Captain_Throwback (rom base)
    - @flar2 (system write protection mod)
    - @MassStash (external write protection mod)
    - @steal25 (icon mod, battery icon, and some much needed help)
    - @schmeggy929 (Quick settings, disable boot sound)
    - @Ph33zy (hotspot mod)
    - @v-b-n (increase sound mod)
    - @thoughtlesskyle (battery icon, lte icon mod, general icon mod)
    - @dased14 (icon mod)
    - @benny3 (modified EPST app)

-ROM Basics

-Rooted
    -DeOdexed
    -Zipaligned
    -Debloated

-ROM mods

-System write protection disabled
    -External sd card write protection disabled
    -Quick settings enabled
    -Native Hotspot
    -Boot sound disabled
    -NFC icon disabled
    -AM/PM removed from clock
    -Music Channel enabled

-See post #2 for Changelogs and other info

-Downloads

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407589233

MD5

da8a8b00e1d0d3400e18a97e8b0decfb
    Changelogs and Work in Progress info

Changelog:

-Updated some apps
    -Added script for 4g tethering (does not seem to be working)
    -Added BookMarkSync.apk which should allow you to choose bookmark sources. Go into settings, accounts, Google, and check the Internet box.

v2.0

-Disable MTP notification
    -Remove headset icon
    -Remove GPS icon
    -Disable USB debugging notification
    -Battery icon w/ percentage
    -Remove LTE from status bar, only spark icon shows
    -International wifi icon, Sprint data icon
    -3g icon hidden while on wifi
    -Modified EPST app

W.I.P.:

-Remove alarm icon
    -Center clock
    Script added, some apps added/updated. 3g tethering works for me on 2.0, and I'll test 2.1 later and if all is good I will upload later today.
    Can we get a mirror to download?
    Are you having issues with AFH?

The link to the file gives you 9+ Servers/Mirrors around the US to download from. I have checked all servers and all are downloading correctly to my pc and other locations I use for testing.

If there is a specific one causing issues let me know and ill work with you to see if there is a issue with the routes from our DC to your pc.
    I've been working on a little bit of an update, added some stuff back in I wanted to use, different boot and shutdown animations, a couple little things. I may change the name of the Rom, it's not quite barebones enough,lol