[Q] How to unroot & put s-on another time as stock without entering bootloader ?

Search This thread

Deadmau.5

Apr 14, 2013
Valencia, Spain
Hi, I have 2 HTC One, which one of them has broken vol. buttons.

The other day I was watching a video and then directly the buttons weren't working, I restarted the phone and it turned on Safe Mode.

I tried everything but nothing worked. I was able to go to recovery in a very very hard way in the phone. Today I installed official stock 4.4.2 de-odexed and all is 100% like original because in my other m7 I have all on stock and both are the same.

But my hard question is, they will screw me up on support because my phone is S-OFF ¿? Unroot I now how to do it, I can do it simply via SuperSU directly, but the question is that... I send the phone for HW problems not for SW but I don't know if they check this...

And if the phone isn't good with S-OFF, what can I do to put again S-ON and delete all traces of ROOT without entering bootloader or recovery ? Think that my vol. buttons aren't working so the only thing I can do is commands in my computer and use the touch screen or lock/power button, because both vol. up and down buttons aren't working.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hi, I have 2 HTC One, which one of them has broken vol. buttons.

The other day I was watching a video and then directly the buttons weren't working, I restarted the phone and it turned on Safe Mode.

I tried everything but nothing worked. I was able to go to recovery in a very very hard way in the phone. Today I installed official stock 4.4.2 de-odexed and all is 100% like original because in my other m7 I have all on stock and both are the same.

But my hard question is, they will screw me up on support because my phone is S-OFF ¿? Unroot I now how to do it, I can do it simply via SuperSU directly, but the question is that... I send the phone for HW problems not for SW but I don't know if they check this...

And if the phone isn't good with S-OFF, what can I do to put again S-ON and delete all traces of ROOT without entering bootloader or recovery ? Think that my vol. buttons aren't working so the only thing I can do is commands in my computer and use the touch screen or lock/power button, because both vol. up and down buttons aren't working.

If you send your phone for repair under warranty, you must be 100% stuck, bootloader locked (not re-locked), no tampered flag in bootloader and unfortunately S-ON.

You will need to go in bootloader mode... there is no problem to use bootloader even if your volume buttons are not working. You could go back to stock with a ruu using fastboot commands.

You can also use recovery with your touchscreen.

Follow nkk71's guide in my signature to return back to stock.