[CLOSED] Continuous Restart after ST Activation @ Boot and PRL Update

Search This thread

ChrisCloud

May 3, 2014
Los Angeles
Well, problem wasn't fixed, but the phone was lost/stolen; so it's gone and now at least I don't have to worry about this :p

I've spent the last 6 hours attempting to fix it, after spending 3 hours getting it onto the new network.. Posting this finally as a last resort..
...My previous phone stopped working, so my father gave me his old Sprint HTC Evo 4G. Called Straight Talk, Sprint, Father, Father's Boss (business line, needed pet's first name), Sprint, Straight Talk, paid $15 fee, activated!! Messages come in, 3G data shows, call works.

Fixed!
After a few minutes, I restart the phone as suggested, and BAM!, it begins to restart, and restart, and restart. I decide it must be Sprint bloatware attempting to do Sprint things, so I must root, ROM, and de-bloat.. I was able to get Smelkus Recovery working and flashed Classic v0.1.0 ROM, but it still reboots in 3-5 seconds after successfully starting. I have yet to ninja-in Airplane Mode again, but will try more later as the battery is low (seems it may need to be reset/calibrated)

Please, any and all help would be very much appreciated.. I cannot spring for a new phone right now and I really need to get phone access back online.
Thank you for your time :)

FIXED
Well, things start to get worse.. Soon enough, it won't even get past the HTC initial power-on screen. I still have access to fastboot, but cannot access stock then Smelkus recovery (starts HTC startup screen loop), nor reach the Sprint start-up screen.
I successfully unlocked the HBoot via HTCDev, then began to attempt to get an actual start by trying to run a few old RUU (signature fails) and flashing manually as another suggested each partition (got boot, radio, userdata, then system.img data length too large).
Still stuck at HTC EVO 4G loop. My biggest obstacles are broken links to builds and lack of complete information about solutions..

Here is my Hboot info:
Code:
*** UNLOCKED ***
SUPERSONIC EVT2-2 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-2.18.0001
MICROP-041F
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224-16ab
RADIO-2.15.00.01.15
Dec 21 2011,12:50:32

Last edited:

ChrisCloud

May 3, 2014
Los Angeles
Maybe your device have a Odin-like software that could flash a firmware?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Y s5360

As far as I know, I can only fastboot flash at this time. I attempted earlier to install/flash a few RUU and OTA, via fastboot and the P6IMG.zip or something update method: both failed to authenticate. I saw another user mention flashing all specific partitions; but unfortunately, I don't have the files I need for that.

Last edited:

ChrisCloud

May 3, 2014
Los Angeles
Back to the original problem

Luckily the Smelkus Recovery started working, and I did Super Wipe and flashed Classic v.0.1.0 ROM. It booted up successfully, but now continues to force reboot as soon as it starts up.This first started after a restart soon after activating it on Straight Talk. I once (before only Hboot was accessible) was able to quickly turn it onto Airplane Mode, and after it restarted it stayed on. I foolishly turned Airplane mode off after it had been on a while, hoping it had settled in: it immediately started rebooting again.
The phone had been on for several minutes, received messages, and made a call before I restarted it.. So I don't know why now it can't stay on..

Last edited:

ChrisCloud

May 3, 2014
Los Angeles
Fixed, but now Battery Issues xD

Nailed it! Finally was able to quickly set Airplane Mode before it restarted. I then used the ROMs de-bloater to rid the system of all Sprint-related items: HTCSprintService, Sprint Hotspot, and several more. Also got rid of all the social networking bloatware, and a few other unnecessaries. I now can safely turn off Airplane Mode :D But, it seems the battery is juiced out, going from '100%' to dead in a 5 minute call. I'll let it fully charge and reset the battery stats, but I may just have to order a new battery.. Not the worst problem to have ;)

ChrisCloud

May 3, 2014
Los Angeles
Problem has returned! I've narrowed it down to 2 points: at start-up, 3-5 seconds after boot, and when I try to update the PRL. Any ideas on how to fix this? Originally, before I first restarted the phone after Straight Talk activation, I successfully updated my Profile and PRL, but now it seems to restart the reboot loop.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe your device have a Odin-like software that could flash a firmware?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Y s5360