Search This thread

coolprateek.kumar

Sep 24, 2012
Bhagalpur
Guys, how does it feel to always be forced to change the sim slots to use 3g in a sim?
Too tiresome, isn't it? Who has time to power off the phone and remove sim from slot 2 and then put it in slot 1 :silly:
Not everyone has Moto G!
Some people already know this trick but there is no thread for others to follow, so this guide will help a lot of android users.

*Mostly works only on Chinese based custom roms.*

So here's my guide which will enable this
Screenshot_2014_05_05_10_43_12.png

Step 1: Dial *#*#4636#*#*. This should open up this
Screenshot_2014_05_05_10_34_09.png

Step 2: Select first option - Phone Information.

Step 3: Scroll down and select the GSM only option. Mostly it would be WCDMA preferred as default for many people. Selecting that would open up drop down list box like this
Screenshot_2014_05_05_10_34_33.png

Step 4: Now first press Refresh then click Update and you're done.

Now go and manage your 3G services to manage 3G activation in any sim. :victory:

Don't copy paste this in other threads. If you wanna share then just link others to this thread. Piracy is for noobs.

HIT THANKS

Last edited:

musabhai

Sep 1, 2013
This trick is not working when on stock rom. There is only one option i.e. only for SIM 1 to select network. Is there any way to do this in stock rom?

Reactions: DE SEXIEST

shaikhdjm

Nov 12, 2013
Mumbai
Awesome work bro... can u pls tell me how to enable 3g in both sims in custom roms by default?? Mean to say during porting of rom.. thanks :)

Sent from my Iris 504q using Tapatalk

Xtreme.Ornob

Mar 13, 2013
Chittagong
Actually the whole idea of your Thread is Wrong! :rolleyes: Man... If U Want #G Service on both Sim, then u must MOD the Phone.apk & Also the Settings.apk and put the 3GModemSwitch Patches in the smali source! :eek: What you did is really awkward! This does not make any sense! This wouldnt Work if Your Phone.apk & Settings.apk isnt patched Properly :confused:

Step 3: Scroll down and select the GSM only option. Mostly it would be WCDMA preferred as default for many people. Selecting that would open up drop down list box like this

Now go and manage your 3G services to manage 3G activation in any sim. :victory:
HIT THANKS

coolprateek.kumar

Sep 24, 2012
Bhagalpur
Actually the whole idea of your Thread is Wrong! :rolleyes: Man... If U Want #G Service on both Sim, then u must MOD the Phone.apk & Also the Settings.apk and put the 3GModemSwitch Patches in the smali source! :eek: What you did is really awkward! This does not make any sense! This wouldnt Work if Your Phone.apk & Settings.apk isnt patched Properly :confused:

You see most of the custom roms are already patched but what they lack is actually the option to choose the sims.
What's the use of patching in which you can't select the sims? Doing this will enable the switching option and as per the reply here and on FB, it's working quite well.

Xtreme.Ornob

Mar 13, 2013
Chittagong
Actually bro when we create a custom Rom.. we actually add more & more features! but its upto the developer of the rom if he wants to add dual 3 G and patch the 3gmodemswitch... because its quite difficult! And no such guide on xda about how to do it! So what's the use of this if there is no patched 3gswitch?? this works only on the ones that are already working fine.. lol
You see most of the custom roms are already patched but what they lack is actually the option to choose the sims.
What's the use of patching in which you can't select the sims? Doing this will enable the switching option and as per the reply here and on FB, it's working quite well.

coolprateek.kumar

Sep 24, 2012
Bhagalpur
Actually bro when we create a custom Rom.. we actually add more & more features! but its upto the developer of the rom if he wants to add dual 3 G and patch the 3gmodemswitch... because its quite difficult! And no such guide on xda about how to do it! So what's the use of this if there is no patched 3gswitch?? this works only on the ones that are already working fine.. lol

There are 10 custom roms for my current device (iris 405) and all have this patch but NONE of the rom have that 3G switch option ANYWHERE in the rom and without following my guide they won't ever be able to enanle the option.

gladson1976

Feb 15, 2008
Chennai
Anyways, the *#*#4636#*#* code does not work on the Samsung S4 Mini Duos (i9192). There seems to be no option to enter the Service mode menu.

m3hm00d

Apr 3, 2011
brother i have active 3g on only sim :( in network mode not showing 2nd sim :( plz help me am using custom rom, in stock rom they have 3g on both sims

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys, how does it feel to always be forced to change the sim slots to use 3g in a sim?
    Too tiresome, isn't it? Who has time to power off the phone and remove sim from slot 2 and then put it in slot 1 :silly:
    Not everyone has Moto G!
    Some people already know this trick but there is no thread for others to follow, so this guide will help a lot of android users.

*Mostly works only on Chinese based custom roms.*

So here's my guide which will enable this
    Screenshot_2014_05_05_10_43_12.png

Don't copy paste this in other threads. If you wanna share then just link others to this thread. Piracy is for noobs.

HIT THANKS
    Not working on Xolo Q800
    Thanx a lot for the trick. Just working fine..
    Not working on Xolo Q800

Can you please post screenshot of the pic mentioned in the the steps of your Q800?