FORUMS

[FTF][Stock][4.4.2]Xperia Z2 Tablet SGP521 - LTE [17.1.A.2.69][1281-5556][Global]

177 posts
Thanks Meter: 53

Post Reply Email Thread
My first ever contribution, always been a leech until now.

Instructions
Details
Device: Xperia Z2 Tablet - LTE
Model: SGP521
Version: 17.1.A.2.69 - stock
Customisation: 1281-5556 (Global LTE)

Changes - coming from 17.1.A.2.55
  • Probably not many, the last fw was 17.1.A.2.55 (only 14 iterations behind this), but judging by the speed they threw this out it probably fixes critical bugs/security
  • Vastly improved touch responsiveness (.36 = unusable, .55 = barely acceptable, .69 = pretty good!)
  • Much faster at everything (not tried benchmarking)
  • Let me know if there are other changes and I'll list them here

DISCLAIMER
Use at your own risk! I'm not responsible if your cat gets run over after (or before) you download my files, unless I'm driving in your area (I don't like cats).

Download
Mega.co.nz
dev-host part_1 part_2 part_3 [you need all 3 parts]
Torrent [removed due to low usage]

Screens
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-06-02-40-02[1].jpg
Views:	1595
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	2727439
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-06-02-43-04[1].jpg
Views:	1453
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	2727440
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ricky D For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ricky D Ad-Free
5th May 2014, 07:24 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Doncaster + Beijing

Donate to Me
More
Stability seems to have degraded.

I never noticed any random reboots before in about 3 weeks of use, but I've just had one with this fw.
5th May 2014, 07:38 PM |#3  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 479

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D

Stability seems to have degraded.

I never noticed any random reboots before in about 3 weeks of use, but I've just had one with this fw.

Can you share an about phone/tablet screenshot ? and software info screenshot also... ?
5th May 2014, 07:49 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Doncaster + Beijing

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAnurag

Can you share an about phone/tablet screenshot ? and software info screenshot also... ?

Now included in first post
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricky D For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ricky D Ad-Free
8th May 2014, 09:50 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Is Root available for this FW?
8th May 2014, 02:54 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Doncaster + Beijing

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserX10

Is Root available for this FW?

This FW is NOT rooted.

If you unlock your bootloader and use DooMLoRd's kernel then you can obtain root.

That at the minute is the ONLY way to root this device regardless of FW..
8th May 2014, 06:16 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 331

More
BUT - I already posted a question in this respect in Doomlord's CWM recovery thread - it is very much possible that Doomlord's kernel & recovery is NOT compatible with the .69 firmware! So... *eerie music* *ghostly voice* B R I C K D A N G E R!

As you can read in that thread, prerequisite is a .55 firmware.

But perhaps someone clears this up.
9th May 2014, 01:28 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Doncaster + Beijing

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasenbein1966

BUT - I already posted a question in this respect in Doomlord's CWM recovery thread - it is very much possible that Doomlord's kernel & recovery is NOT compatible with the .69 firmware! So... *eerie music* *ghostly voice* B R I C K D A N G E R!

As you can read in that thread, prerequisite is a .55 firmware.

But perhaps someone clears this up.

Judging by the very small increment number between the two firmwares and without going and looking it up I would place a high probability that the base stock kernel hasn't been changed and would, therefore, custom kernel compatibility is implied.

If you have the .55 fw or can obtain a 'About tablet' page view from that fw, you can compare the kernel versions to the screen in the OP and take a gamble.

But, in my opinion, the risk of bricking low, assuming you don't do something out of the ordinary.
9th May 2014, 06:59 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D

Judging by the very small increment number between the two firmwares and without going and looking it up I would place a high probability that the base stock kernel hasn't been changed and would, therefore, custom kernel compatibility is implied.

If you have the .55 fw or can obtain a 'About tablet' page view from that fw, you can compare the kernel versions to the screen in the OP and take a gamble.

But, in my opinion, the risk of bricking low, assuming you don't do something out of the ordinary.

Checked it with this FW .69 and the modified Kernel from DooMLoRD for the .55 Kernel. Worked like a charm...
10th May 2014, 10:31 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
This FW did fix touch screen issue a little bit, still the screen edge got very poor touch sensitive.
10th May 2014, 03:56 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Anyone have sg512 ftf fw. 69? Can this be crossflashed? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)