FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What navbar type does your tablet have?

1 panel(united navbar+statusbar)

13 Vote(s)
23.21%
2 panels: 1 for navbar, 1 for statusbar.

19 Vote(s)
33.93%
I don't have tablet.

24 Vote(s)
42.86%

[APP][4.0+]Ultimate Dynamic Navbar

591 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,743

By MrBIMC, Recognized Developer on 8th May 2013, 11:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th April 2014, 12:08 PM |#1351  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslfc5

There is an option for some preset ones on the pro version & theyre awesome

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

I mean like if we can add some icon from outsite the app itself..

1st May 2014, 10:54 AM |#1352  
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Hi

I hate the stock navbar mostly in landscape, because the wrong resolution reported to some full screen app, with consequent compatibility problems: say flash player (it doesn't work at all in extended desktop mode), MS RDP client (wrong resolution/wasted space), MX player (resized video using gestures) and so on.

So I decided to kill completely the navbar only in landscape mode (I recompiled my framework-res and set its size to zero), while in portrait mode I rely on extended desktop mode on selected apps using tasker.

In short I use UDN w/o the xposed module, but I would like to use it just in landscape, so I ask for a setting to enable it just in portrait, just in landscape, always.

A tasker plugin to enable it on conditions or on app basis would be nice too.

Thanks in advance for your attention.
3rd May 2014, 10:51 AM |#1353  

More
Just move to kit kat this afternoon, but the notification is always showing in informayion screen, i am not talking about the one on notification bar yeah

How to get rid of it?

3rd May 2014, 10:58 AM |#1354  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 3,417

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossom

Just move to kit kat this afternoon, but the notification is always showing in informayion screen, i am not talking about the one on notification bar yeah

How to get rid of it?

App info untick notification

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Christiancs1969 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Christiancs1969 Ad-Free
3rd May 2014, 11:00 AM |#1355  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiancs1969

App info untick notification

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yess!
Thanks man, been searching how for about an hour lol

The Following User Says Thank You to blossom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blossom Ad-Free
3rd May 2014, 04:50 PM |#1356  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
I bought the pro version, but can't get rid of the OEM bar. I installed Xposed, and activated the UDN module, and in UDN settings it says "ON". The "External Xposed Module" section is disabled, the "[Legacy] Internal Xposed Module" shows the UDN with the check in Xposed. So why is my OEM bar still there? Anyone know?

Follow-Up: I used the LG Pie Xposed module to hide the navbar, but I thought the UDN module was supposed to do that?

I"m on a stock rooted, s-offed, HTC One M8 (AT&T).
3rd May 2014, 05:53 PM |#1357  
Thanks Meter: 269

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinxy

I bought the pro version, but can't get rid of the OEM bar. I installed Xposed, and activated the UDN module, and in UDN settings it says "ON". The "External Xposed Module" section is disabled, the "[Legacy] Internal Xposed Module" shows the UDN with the check in Xposed. So why is my OEM bar still there? Anyone know?

Follow-Up: I used the LG Pie Xposed module to hide the navbar, but I thought the UDN module was supposed to do that?

I"m on a stock rooted, s-offed, HTC One M8 (AT&T).

UDN hiding it is kind of a hit-or-miss thing. never worked for me on my G2. So PIE Xposed is what i used as well.
3rd May 2014, 06:20 PM |#1358  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux

UDN hiding it is kind of a hit-or-miss thing. never worked for me on my G2. So PIE Xposed is what i used as well.

Thanks for confirming my experience! I was very confused.
5th May 2014, 01:31 AM |#1359  
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor

In short I use UDN w/o the xposed module, but I would like to use it just in landscape, so I ask for a setting to enable it just in portrait, just in landscape, always.

A tasker plugin to enable it on conditions or on app basis would be nice too.

Ok, I managed to get what I wanted

I installed UDN w/o its xposed plugin, instead I installed Hide Bottom Bar (*) from the playstore, that can be easily enabled and disabled from tasker.

Then I managed to enable and disable UDN from Tasker via two shell commands (**)

Silently enable UDN:

Code:
su -c am startservice -n com.mrbimc.udn/com.mrbimc.udn.MyService
Silently disable UDN:

Code:
su -c am force-stop com.mrbimc.udn
Then I made two task in Tasker those are meant to hide the stock navbar bringing up UDN's one and viceversa

Thats all to do whatever one wants on conditions:

Personally i use UDN always in landscape, and with selected apps (browsers, navigators) when in portrait.

------------------------------------------------

But this was not enough for me:

I also wanted to switch the two conditions easily directly from the navbars their self.

Unfortunately the UDN buttons can launch just apps, and not shortcuts/actions/whatever.

So i transformed my two tasker tasks in mini apps using Tasker Apps Factory, then I used them as a custom actions on menu long press.

So a long press on stock navbar brings up UDN and full screen mode.

A long press on UDN's menu button, kills UDN and FS mode.

I spent a lot to have this solution working but finally I have a flexible solution (IMHO) way handier than any premade ones seen until today.

I hope this helps other people.

(*) there are many alternatives to Hide Bottom Bar:

GMD Auto Hide Soft Keys (it keeps the status bar visible, its own virtual bar can be disabled)

GMD gesture control (it has the FS function embedded)

The FS Gravity box function (it works only on post ICS roms)

The Secure settings FS function (works on some roms)

And so on.

Most of them are usable via tasker but only as a toggle function, so they can lead to a condition where the desktop is extended but UDN is stopped or viceversa, so I preferred HBB which has the explicit ON/Off functions.

(**)

Notice that I used su -c instead of using the plain commands and launching them via tasker's root function, because tasker, often, has problems to understand that the device is rooted, if a su helper other than Superuser is used.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Solutor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Solutor Ad-Free
6th May 2014, 01:27 AM |#1360  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Chernihiv
Thanks Meter: 1,743

More
Hello guys. I have a bit sad news - I'm officially pausing development. NOT ABANDONING COMPLETELY, but pausing. I will release few more HUGE updates, but don't expect them in a forseeable future.

Also I wanted to thank everyone who answers questions here, because UDN is very confusing sometimes, but you guys can help almost everyone

BTW, i don't know if it's possible, but maybe let's do some troubleshooting FAQ, so I'll place in the 2nd post?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrBIMC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 03:21 AM |#1361  
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBIMC

Hello guys. I have a bit sad news - I'm officially pausing development. NOT ABANDONING COMPLETELY, but pausing. I will release few more HUGE updates, but don't expect them in a forseeable future.

Also I wanted to thank everyone who answers questions here, because UDN is very confusing sometimes, but you guys can help almost everyone

BTW, i don't know if it's possible, but maybe let's do some troubleshooting FAQ, so I'll place in the 2nd post?

D:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
buttons, fullscreen, navbar, softkeys

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)