High memory being use

Search This thread

crisahan

Mar 13, 2010
Zhongshan
After installed few apps to the new oppo find 7a, the memory in use constantly stay at over 1GB and only 300-400MB available. anyone else has the similar issue? even close all the recent apps doesn't seem to increase the memory available. is it ROM/OS related issue?

seanpr123

Oct 5, 2011
South Florida
This is a common misconception, but on Android unused memory is wasted memory. It's good to have that being used by Android daemons running in the background as it speeds up processes and user experience.

I'd say don't worry about.

crisahan

Mar 13, 2010
Zhongshan
This is a common misconception, but on Android unused memory is wasted memory. It's good to have that being used by Android daemons running in the background as it speeds up processes and user experience.

thanks for the reply. it's just my OCD...i always wanna see more memory available than in use...:p

MrColdbird

Nov 25, 2011
www.black-seraph.com
Just as Sean said, unused ram is useless ram.

It's all about access speed, the more data you store in ram the more content is quickly available.

Flash memory has an average transfer rate of 5 to 7mb/s while ram has an average transfer rate of several gb/s.

The difference in speed here is very noticeable and the main reason why recent android versions (or Linux in general) caches so much data in ram.

Long story short, the more ram is in use, the faster your phone gets.

400mb is basically the safety threshold that it keeps unoccupied just to be sure it has some left in case of an emergency (you trying to open content that isn't already cached).

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt

If I don't reboot my Xperia Z for a few days it ends up with like 170mb of free ram and loses its power to multi task and the phone because laggy as hell lol >_>

MrColdbird

Nov 25, 2011
www.black-seraph.com
That's a different issue I would say.

The services occupying the ram should give up caching memory once a newcomer requires ram.

This changes nothing about the fact that, if it's done right, caching is the way to go.

Probably a bugged software component rather than an broken ideal.

Sent from my X9006 using Tapatalk

Reactions: seanpr123

crisahan

Mar 13, 2010
Zhongshan

The services occupying the ram should give up caching memory once a newcomer requires ram.

This changes nothing about the fact that, if it's done right, caching is the way to go.

after 2-3 days of use, i find that the free (unused) RAM are actually not a problem, doesn't matter there is 300MB left or 600MB left, i can hardly tell the difference. but the most important thing is, the experience is very smooth and running well, no laggy. i'm actually very impressed. i think OPPO did a great job on managing background apps and optimizing user experience on the find 7a here!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.