Official Eris RUU

Search This thread

rigamrts

Apr 12, 2009
this works great for the phone os issues caused by the update. but there are apps in the market that cause your phone to freak out. it's not the eris's fault or the apps fault. when upgrades happen like the way htc did this one it bound to cause some apps to freak out cause of the update. htc has no obligaton to support these apps either that's on the app creator to fix htc is only fixing it's own issues.

this is the reason why htc doe not like quick patches to thier phones. if you look at the history of the dream/G1 this is the first quick patch other than 1.30. because 1.29 allowed root level commands in the contacts area but that was to fix that problem not to fix customer complaints. i just hope htc goes back to the we'll get you a patch when we get you a patch mentality. cause it seems less problematic that way.

just my feelings

Hungry Man

Jun 11, 2010
You could use megaupload? Or try uploading it to this site aka xda?

If I were to just install the 2.1 leak wouldn't that do basically the same thing? Or is this easier?

thenestor

Mar 4, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Ok so if I download that what do I do with it to unroot?

Attach your phone to your computer with the USB cable, and run the RUU program in Windows. It will wipe all data from your phone and return it to the stock 2.1 software, complete with the 1.49 S-ON bootloader, the default recovery image, and no root.

If you want to re-root from there, you'll have to use one of the new root methods, since your phone will be identical to the phones that Verizon is currently shipping out (with Android 2.1), not the original Android 1.5 version of the software.

yamaha83

Feb 16, 2010
i am trying to use this to unroot my phone so i can send in for a replacement and it goes through all the checks and verifications. it rebbots to the bootloader then while updating signiture i get error 140 bootloader version error saying the rom update utility cannot update your android phone please get the correct rom update utility and try again?? if this doesnt work is there another easy way to unroot?

sleepyastronaut

Apr 26, 2010
Washington, DC
i am trying to use this to unroot my phone so i can send in for a replacement and it goes through all the checks and verifications. it rebbots to the bootloader then while updating signiture i get error 140 bootloader version error saying the rom update utility cannot update your android phone please get the correct rom update utility and try again?? if this doesnt work is there another easy way to unroot?

same here, ruu fails

bftb0

Feb 5, 2010
same here, ruu fails

If you get a version error, you need to first run jcase's "Flash any RUU" hack.**

Note that (strictly speaking) jcase should have entitled his post "Flash any PB00IMG.zip ROM" because of another small complication: some ROMs do not have a compatible version of the "reboot" command (the RUU utility first uses the reboot command to put the phone into oem-78/RUU mode). If you insist on using the RUU utility, you can overcome this minor problem by first flashing a compatible ROM, such as PlainJane.

But, it is just as easy to flash the Leak-V3 PB00IMG.zip ROM, which produces the identical result as the "Official" RUU.

Note also that if you have used the RUU utility, them you already have USB drivers installed on your PC, and so getting adb running on the PC does not require setting up the full-blown SDK (you don't need Eclipse set up) : just download the SDK, unzip it, and you are ready to rumble.

To reiterate: if you get a version error, you need to run jcase's "Flash any RUU" hack first; after that, you can either run the HBOOT+Leak-V3 PB00IMG.zip install, or the RUU. The PB00IMG.zip method has no dependencies, and is somewhat easier.

bftb0

** Note there is a minor mistake in the instructions given in the OP of the "Flash any RUU" thread; be sure to read the first dozen posts or so - the correction is given.

ajavgeek

Mar 27, 2010

jbarcus81

Jul 30, 2010
Marietta, OH
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Windows 7 SP1 x64

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    56.5 KB · Views: 85