[Q] Hard bricked my One S - Please help!

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5852187

So today I wanted to install Cyanogenmod on my HTC one S.

I followed a guide (the usual procedure: unlock bootloader, root, flash recovery. i can't post links due to being new so i can't post it). Everything when fine until I flashed the recovery (CWM 5.8). As soon as this was done my phone went off and couldn't be switched on again.
When I press the power button for 20+ seconds nothing at all happens.
When I hold the Vol- button and the power key the LED comes on (as it is charging right now) and disappears after 5 seconds.
I also had rather low battery (~35%) when unlocking bootloader and rooting, but flashing the recovery went fine. It completed as far as I know.

Please help me. Thanks in advance! I searched dozens of threads but none could resolve my problem.

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
So today I wanted to install Cyanogenmod on my HTC one S.

I followed a guide (the usual procedure: unlock bootloader, root, flash recovery. i can't post links due to being new so i can't post it). Everything when fine until I flashed the recovery (CWM 5.8). As soon as this was done my phone went off and couldn't be switched on again.
When I press the power button for 20+ seconds nothing at all happens.
When I hold the Vol- button and the power key the LED comes on (as it is charging right now) and disappears after 5 seconds.
I also had rather low battery (~35%) when unlocking bootloader and rooting, but flashing the recovery went fine. It completed as far as I know.

Please help me. Thanks in advance! I searched dozens of threads but none could resolve my problem.

Where you got CWM 5.8 from? Its for a reason that every guide tells you to flash only with battery 70%+ ...

D

Deleted member 5852187

Where you got CWM 5.8 from? Its for a reason that every guide tells you to flash only with battery 70%+ ...

From the guide. I suppose it was a bit out of date. I know I should have waited and charged. Anything I could try?

D

Deleted member 5852187

From which guide?? Does your phone charge wihile connected to a wall charger?

From the guide install cyanogenmod on htc one s on androidpit.de. I can't post links as a new member.
I am not sure whether it charges or not to be honest, the LED doesn't light up, but sometimes it didn't when I charged it in the past.