Samsung SE-506BB/TSBD Blu-ray for TF700T

Search This thread

nephtys59

Sep 9, 2012
According to features, this external Blu-Ray Player should work in AV connectivity with Android Tablet (Honeycomb 3.1 or above with USB Port)
USB port current: 1.4 A or higher

I cannot find info about the USB port of TF700T with keyboard.

In your opinion, will this device work with this tablet or not?

And in case someone already tried this device, is it worth the buy?

Thanks for any advice.

nephtys59

Sep 9, 2012
In the end I purchased it from Amazon and it works just great.
Procedure for AV mode is exactly the same as per this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1936287
Obviously can't play BluRay with tablet but I do not care.
I just needed something portable which can work not only with tablet, but also with PC or MAC.
Worth the buy. I'm happy.

Reactions: shaymdev

shaymdev

Jul 21, 2011
Procedure for AV mode is exactly the same as per this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1936287
I just needed something portable which can work not only with tablet, but also with PC or MAC.

Thanks for posting your experience since this feature is not very well documented.

I'm not super experienced with video and codecs and all that stuff, so I'm not sure why it obviously can't play BluRay but can it read a bluRay disc? I'm getting this drive to do some physical backups of media (photos and stuff) and it would be cool if I could access them through the drive on my tablet.

Thanks!

eleger91

Oct 29, 2005
Thanks for posting your experience since this feature is not very well documented.

I'm not super experienced with video and codecs and all that stuff, so I'm not sure why it obviously can't play BluRay but can it read a bluRay disc? I'm getting this drive to do some physical backups of media (photos and stuff) and it would be cool if I could access them through the drive on my tablet.

Thanks!
Do everyone confirm that this Samsung can read any dvd disc but no bluray ?
If it's correct, why invest in a bluray one ?

shaymdev

Jul 21, 2011
Do everyone confirm that this Samsung can read any dvd disc but no bluray ?
If it's correct, why invest in a bluray one ?

The device is a blu-ray burner (it will read/write blu-ray discs as well as dvd/cd). This discussion is about the AV functionality with android Tablets (specifically the TF700).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.