Originally Posted by devilakos
Hey first , i was allways an android user but lately i wanted to change phone...i own an xperia s pretty good phone but i want to change phone-os and i want to give windows phone a chance...so being also impressed by the looks - prossesor-price of lumia 520 i wanted to buy it.....but i have some questions
1) how is the overal experience from using it
2) will it be a good replacement for the xs? (i mean prossessing power and everyday tasks)
2a)is the gamimg laggy ?or if possible can u tell me if its better than xs
2b)is the screen quality good or my eyes gonna "pain" due to low resollution
2c) is 512 ram sufficient for wp or it wont handle 2-3 apps on the same time?(eg browser music and maps on the same time run ok? or they force close?
3)will it get further os updates or it will drop dead?
4)does marketplace have good high end games?
5)is there any way to sideload apps(like cracked apks on android)?
1) The overall experience with the 520 is fairly nice. I've had no problems with it. If you do buy it carrier-locked though, the unlock price is quite high which is why I sold mine and moved to a Huawei W1 which is quite similar and can be unlocked easily.
2) It depends on whether you prefer android or windows phone. The Xperia S is slightly more powerful and seems to have better specs overall, but in my experience, android phones seem to run slower than windows phone 8 phones with the same specs, so both experiences should be similar.
2a) I haven't tried gaming on it, so I can't answer that.
2b) The screen quality is good as far as being very vibrant. Some may find issue with the low resolution but I never thought it was a problem.
2c) The 512mb ram is definitely sufficient for 2-3 apps.
3) It will continue to be updated, at least until Windows Phone 8.1.
4) The marketplace doesn't have as many games as the iTunes store or Google Play store but there are some popular ones on there.
5) It is possible to sideload apps if you have a microSD card.