Z2 released on Bell in Canada today

Search This thread

CasseTrop

Aug 22, 2009
Montreal
Can someone upload the firmware from Bell when they get their phone please and thanks?

Got mine :

2014-05-08%2016.24.54.png

CasseTrop

Aug 22, 2009
Montreal
No choice but stay stock ? Horrible news.

2014-05-09%2002.54.48.png

As for the firmware upload, I've done a lot of stuff to my phones but never backed up a fimrware, how can I do that ?

d4ftpuNK

Apr 24, 2008
When does the Sony Store get stock?

It be nice to know what accessories come with the ones from there. Even though it will most likely be the same no dock or mdr headphones.

Only problem with getting it one with the dock and headphones on eBay is after the conversion charges and the risk of getting dinged at customs, it will cost you close at an extra $100, compared to just buying it in store and paying tax on it. I guess if you're really in need of some good noise canceling headphones and a dock, it might be worth it. Otherwise it looks like we'll just have to suck it up and deal with not getting good headphones or a dock. :(

NexusDro

Jan 28, 2010
When does the Sony Store get stock?

It be nice to know what accessories come with the ones from there. Even though it will most likely be the same no dock or mdr headphones.

Only problem with getting it one with the dock and headphones on eBay is after the conversion charges and the risk of getting dinged at customs, it will cost you close at an extra $100, compared to just buying it in store and paying tax on it. I guess if you're really in need of some good noise canceling headphones and a dock, it might be worth it. Otherwise it looks like we'll just have to suck it up and deal with not getting good headphones or a dock. :(

Any Bell bloatware? Are they user uninstallable?

acheney1990

Oct 29, 2013
Saint Stephen
Warning: DO NOT put the phone in water. Use it only as a safety feature if the phone gets in water by accident at least if you're on Bell in Canada anyway. I submerged my phone in about and inch of water and then noticed the camera was full of moisture and thus useless. I contacted Sony and they told me to take it back to where I bought it from. I did and they wouldn't do anything. They said it shouldn't have been put in water. I argued with them and showed them the poster they had in the store that said you could use it in the water. They told me I had to contact Sony for anything like that. Well I contacted Sony again and after taking some time they told me they could not help me due to contractual obligations between Sony and Bell that they couldn't work on any phones sold through Bell. They told me to contact Bell. I contacted Bell and had to talk to a bunch of reps until I finally got escalated to a supervisor. They told me the warranty didn't cover this stuff. I again brought up their own advertising and one rep admitted it was faulty. I explained to them what the IP rating meant but they still repeated they couldn't replace or fix the phone. I ended up talking to a head supervisor who made me an offer of a $125 (one months service) credit on my account. I ended up agreeing because I had no other options. Ended up buying a Nexus 5 outright from another company and am using that now. I prefer it actually anyway. Going to try and sell my Z2 to someone who might not care about the camera and maybe the moisture will clear. So use this as a warning to be careful. I won't buy from T-Booth Mobile ever again and don't think I'll be getting another Sony again. I'd switch from Bell if not on a freshly signed 2 year contract.

Sent From My Nexus 5

Reactions: exc1d1us

enrique71

Feb 3, 2011
Texas
Warning: DO NOT put the phone in water. They told me I had to contact Sony for anything like that. Well I contacted Sony again and after taking some time they told me they could not help me due to contractual obligations between Sony and Bell that they couldn't work on any phones sold through Bell. They told me to contact Bell.

I hear you! I had a problem with my old Z1 (Bell model) and I too was ping-ponged back and forth from Sony to Bell. Apparently ALL Bell registered Xperia IMEI's have to be serviced by Bell, Sony won't accept RMAs for those units.

At the end of my ordeal, I gave up working with Bell and just bought an unlocked model.

Reactions: acheney1990

acheney1990

Oct 29, 2013
Saint Stephen
I hear you! I had a problem with my old Z1 (Bell model) and I too was ping-ponged back and forth from Sony to Bell. Apparently ALL Bell registered Xperia IMEI's have to be serviced by Bell, Sony won't accept RMAs for those units.

At the end of my ordeal, I gave up working with Bell and just bought an unlocked model.

Yup I ended up buying a Nexus 5 off contract. Once the contract is up I'm switching from Bell.

Sent From My Nexus 5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning: DO NOT put the phone in water. Use it only as a safety feature if the phone gets in water by accident at least if you're on Bell in Canada anyway. I submerged my phone in about and inch of water and then noticed the camera was full of moisture and thus useless. I contacted Sony and they told me to take it back to where I bought it from. I did and they wouldn't do anything. They said it shouldn't have been put in water. I argued with them and showed them the poster they had in the store that said you could use it in the water. They told me I had to contact Sony for anything like that. Well I contacted Sony again and after taking some time they told me they could not help me due to contractual obligations between Sony and Bell that they couldn't work on any phones sold through Bell. They told me to contact Bell. I contacted Bell and had to talk to a bunch of reps until I finally got escalated to a supervisor. They told me the warranty didn't cover this stuff. I again brought up their own advertising and one rep admitted it was faulty. I explained to them what the IP rating meant but they still repeated they couldn't replace or fix the phone. I ended up talking to a head supervisor who made me an offer of a $125 (one months service) credit on my account. I ended up agreeing because I had no other options. Ended up buying a Nexus 5 outright from another company and am using that now. I prefer it actually anyway. Going to try and sell my Z2 to someone who might not care about the camera and maybe the moisture will clear. So use this as a warning to be careful. I won't buy from T-Booth Mobile ever again and don't think I'll be getting another Sony again. I'd switch from Bell if not on a freshly signed 2 year contract.

Sent From My Nexus 5
    Warning: DO NOT put the phone in water. They told me I had to contact Sony for anything like that. Well I contacted Sony again and after taking some time they told me they could not help me due to contractual obligations between Sony and Bell that they couldn't work on any phones sold through Bell. They told me to contact Bell.